News Jackson Topine takes Bulldogs to court

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Very doubtful that his lawyers would have submitted a case including charges of damage to mental health without it including a full psychological assessment.
Would that of been assessed before submitting or will it be part of the case?

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Would that of been assessed before submitting or will it be part of the case?
At the very least they will have letter(s) from any mental health professionals (psychiatrists, psychologists, counsellors) that he has been seeing for therapy confirming that he is seeing them and giving a brief idea as to why.

But for a case claiming potentially millions in damages, they should already have the assessment done.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah other avenues. Like from August to Feb where the mediation occurred.

As disgraceful as justifying online bullying of a mental health kid because he deserves it because u read a newspaper article? But hey - a muppet is always going to recognise a clown show. Guess you're right. :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
Saying a Muppet would recognise a clown show is drawing a long bow Jim Hensons creations are not even remotely related to clowns, and your comments could be considered Racist by both muppet and clown members of the community.
Check yourself Buddy you are walking a fine line…..

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Saying a Muppet would recognise a clown show is drawing a long bow Jim Hensons creations are not even remotely related to clowns, and your comments could be considered Racist by both muppet and clown members of the community.
Check yourself Buddy you are walking a fine line…..
That bro - is some mighty fine work. :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before the Bulldogs stopped paying him, Topine’s agent was notified that the club would cease to make payments to him if he could not fulfil his contractual obligations. The club stopped paying Topine on October 31 – the end of the rugby league financial year. The NRL also approved his removal from the club’s salary cap.

Smith, as his Manager, doesn't appear to have much input, or control, of JT's best interests or seem to know what was going on.

Gets notification of the Bulldogs terminating the contract bc JT won't get in contact yet then sends out a memo to other clubs saying JT is available to negotiate.

Court case will unravel how much Smith did to actively try and mediate this for his client to bring both parties together. Doesn't look like much from what we know (as yet). What we do know is that Bulldogs initiated several attempts to remediate and meet with JT and "get both parties moving forward".

We also know NRL given the details by the club and are involved by approving the removal of his contract.
Also we know the NRL and RLPA reached out to Topine with no response.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
@Doogie can you just clarify one thing as your words are getting twister everywhere.

Are you saying that it's not fair that the general public is all piling in on Topine?

Are you saying it's best to wait to judge (ie the court rules) before making judgement?

Are you saying the club could've and most likely has been at some fault in this process?

Cheers

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
@Doogie can you just clarify one thing as your words are getting twister everywhere.

Are you saying that it's not fair that the general public is all piling in on Topine?

Are you saying it's best to wait to judge (ie the court rules) before making judgement?

Are you saying the club could've and most likely has been at some fault in this process?

Cheers
Yes.
Yes.
No idea.

That help?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I've called @Doogie a **** on a few occasions on here. We've had our run ins, and similar battles as I see what's going on here. So, in no way are we besties or on the same page or anything. Just to be clear.

I realize he likes a good fight and doesn't back down for shit. I get he can be an annoying prick at times, tho I think we can all be.

What I don't get is people hounding him out over Topine because he's not wrong in what he's saying.

1) We don't know all the facts
2) We shouldn't jump in on a player, especially a youngster when it's connected to mental health
3).It's best to hold judgement till we know what's going on

I don't see any of that controversial personally? So while the pile in on @Doogie or did I miss something?

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
I've called @Doogie a **** on a few occasions on here. We've had our run ins, and similar battles as I see what's going on here. So, in no way are we besties or on the same page or anything. Just to be clear.

I realize he likes a good fight and doesn't back down for shit. I get he can be an annoying prick at times, tho I think we can all be.

What I don't get is people hounding him out over Topine because he's not wrong in what he's saying.

2) We shouldn't jump in on a player, especially a youngster when it's connected to mental health

I don't see any of that controversial personally? So while the pile in on @Doogie or did I miss something?
My guess is that most see some footy light at the end of the tunnel and are looking at this and seeing it affect the team. What the dumb cnts don't see is that internal adversity can send the team to a higher level if the culture is on point. Topine and the media is just noise. An opportunity for a memorable season and yet they still want to whinge and fck around with a kid with mental. Go figure.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A couple of things to think about.

This is how that week might have gone:
1) He has a poor game against the Broncos in defense. will he take responsibility and work extra hard in the following week.
2) Team has a wresting session, seen as one of the go to training programs to improve defense, Topine turns up to the session late, and punishment is an extra 4 minutes of wrestling against the team.
3) Topine is still listed on starting 13 for the following game versus Panthers.
4) Topine continues to turn up to training and has not suggested any issues.
5) Topine is dropped from starting 13 to 18th man for the game, and then doesn't return to training and suggestions of unfair treatment.

I think when he got the punishment he didn't think any of it. But when he realised that following game that he probably pissed his best chance to cement himself a first grade position it became too much.

So what caused the mental anguish and breakdown, the extra 4 minutes of wrestling or the realisation that he just was given the ideal opportunity to achieve his childhood dream, and he pissed it away.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Very doubtful that his lawyers would have submitted a case including charges of damage to mental health without it including a full psychological assessment.
Where do you reckon the deprivation of liberty claim comes from PD from what has been claimed so far?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
My guess is that most see some footy light at the end of the tunnel and are looking at this and seeing it affect the team. What the dumb cnts don't see is that internal adversity can send the team to a higher level if the culture is on point. Topine and the media is just noise. An opportunity for a memorable season and yet they still want to whinge and fck around with a kid with mental. Go figure.
I mean, maybe?

Everyone has their views on this and that's all cool. Personally I don't see much the Dogs have done wrong but let's see?

I'm more intrigued why people are buffing with you on this as I don't see much wrong in what you're saying which is basically "Let's wait and see"

Weird.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

TD, .. I like the way you‘ve simplified the point here and how you’ve explained everything without the slightest hint of being arrogant or supercilious, … good comment ..