It's gotta be tedesco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There is ONLY 1 $1 mill fullback in the NRL and that is Billy Slater.

He is STILL so far ahead of everyone else its not funny.

That try when Takarangi kicked it from 40 metres out, where the FUCK was Teddy? He was NO WHERE in the picture...when they put the high shot up, he was jogging 30 metres away.

It was also a very very slow play just before the kick and he was caught out BADLY.

You think if they were playing the Storm , Slater would not even be in the picture? LOL

He is very very good on offense, but his D and positional play is horrid...Same level as Abbey
I think RTS is a million dollar FB. Warriors got him cheap at 800 if that's true.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
My main concern with Teddy is staying on the field. He's only played about 70 odd games since 2012. Paying that money for a player who spends most of his time on the sideline is a waste.

Abbey hasn't developed as well as the club thought so something needs to be done to fix the fullback problem.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not surprised Tedesco has had so many injuries. The way the Tigers rely on him for almost everything is ridiculous.

Kick returner, dummy half runs, ball playing full back, covering up their shithouse first line of defence.

I'd like to think Tedesco will be joining us and we can use him in a way that preserves his body much more effectively.

N

Natboy

My main concern with Teddy is staying on the field. He's only played about 70 odd games since 2012. Paying that money for a player who spends most of his time on the sideline is a waste.

Abbey hasn't developed as well as the club thought so something needs to be done to fix the fullback problem.
I know what you're saying but it's not as though it's the same re-occurring injury and most were at the start of his career.
The injuries included an ACL, broken leg, broken patella & broken jaw.
He's also changed his running style a lot

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
There is ONLY 1 $1 mill fullback in the NRL and that is Billy Slater.

He is STILL so far ahead of everyone else its not funny.

That try when Takarangi kicked it from 40 metres out, where the FUCK was Teddy? He was NO WHERE in the picture...when they put the high shot up, he was jogging 30 metres away.

It was also a very very slow play just before the kick and he was caught out BADLY.

You think if they were playing the Storm , Slater would not even be in the picture? LOL

He is very very good on offense, but his D and positional play is horrid...Same level as Abbey

Lol u have NFI... where was teddy when that try was scored, he was running back from the other side of the field where Jennings snd Radradra were, when they threatened to bust through. Then Jennings ran a million miles sideways before giving it to takarangi who stepped jinked and put thr kick in the corner.
No way any fullback in the world would have got back there in time..

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watching Teddy yesterday, he also brings another short kicking game to a squad. Something we have been missing for some time. I agree Teddy is very much an attacking FB, some work needs to be made on his defence and also his passing game could be improved. I think that is something that could be developed. As far as injuries go. Yeah is a worry but he had some awful luck with injuries early on but last couple of years. Been pretty consistent other than a Brocken jaw. No player can help that. More an indication of how hard he runs than him being made of glass.
But commentator said after the game that we were favourites for woods and in the running for Teddy. So while he would be a great addition think we need to accept it's less than a 50/50. I reckon 40 % Rorters 30% us and 25% Tigers. A remaining 5% another unnamed club.
Definitely a better chance we have Cronk or Foran.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Little doubt Tedesco would be great for the Dogs. Biggest problem he has is his idea that he can do it all by himself.
Jack Gibson comes to mind. He said a player has been reading his own scrapbook to much.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Watching that second half yesterday made me a believer.
Whilst there are many holes in this roster there's only one that needs to be filled.
Watching b-moz at the back, gave me wood.
Frawley at half, mbye at hooker is plenty good enough, with a potent fb.
B-moz might be able to survive this season at fb (though I doubt it) but he's not a long term solution.
With a spine of tedesco, frawley, Reynolds and mbye, we'd be very strong for quite a few years to come.
You got Wood with Morris playing fullback??? That indicates it was a good thing lol.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You got Wood with Morris playing fullback??? That indicates it was a good thing lol.
It was a good thing.
I think des is mad if he plays anyone else at fb this season, unless moz is out

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
It was a good thing.
I think des is mad if he plays anyone else at fb this season, unless moz is out
Abbey.

I like Morris but I find he's a better strike weapon out on the wing.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't see teddy leaving the Tigers to be honest considering his latest comments about how he has seen the difference in stability at the Tigers since Ivan has been at the helm.

Totally different to last fortnight when he was practically bagging the club in that regard.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He also said he wants to play finals football and play in a stabilised club.[/QUOTE

JAMES Tedesco deleted Twitter off his phone last week, but still made it hard to forget him after an irresistible performance in the Wests Tigers’ 26-22 loss to Parramatta.

Tedesco admitted on Monday he had been feeling the heat over his protracted contract negotiations, which has seen him attract interest from Canterbury and the Roosters.

The fullback’s contract situation has dominated the headlines along with that of Mitchell Moses and captain Aaron Woods this season, but he says he won’t be rushed into a call.

After a quiet month since the Tigers’ opening-round win over South Sydney, he admitted the speculation had impacted on his football — before he went cold turkey on social media.

“I think it was getting in my head too much,” he said.

“You read too much, it gets a bit draining for yourself mentally.

“When we read too much it plays on our mind too much and distracts us from playing footy.”

Live stream Wests Tigers round 8 clash with Canterbury on FOX SPORTS. Get your free 2-week FOXTEL PLAY trial and start watching in minutes. SIGN UP NOW!

Moses' sneaky 'Gutho' sledgeMoses' sneaky 'Gutho' sledge
Ben Ikin, Nathan Ryan and Ben Glover discuss the crazy recent twists in the transfer market and Ikin rates his top 10 off-contract stars that may land at new homes.

You can also subscribe via iTunes or for Android users, listen on the iPP Podcast Player app.

The latest contract drama isn’t the first time Tedesco has been the centre of transfer attention, having previously signed with Canberra in 2014 before backflipping to stay at the Tigers.

He said he expected to make a call in the next few weeks this time around, but won’t be hurried.

“I don’t want to rush into a decision and make the wrong one,” he said.

“I’ve had contract dramas before so I want to make it right before I rush into anything just to get it over with.

“Hopefully (I’ll decide) in the coming weeks. I can’t put a deadline on it.”

It didn’t hurt his football on Monday though — with the 24-year-old turning in his best performance of the season.

He set up two tries out of dummy-half and busted through 10 tackles — including one linebreak which should have won his team the match.

The play broke down later in the set when the Eels intercepted a Mitchell Moses pass to run downfield and score, but Tedesco’s 240 metres was another reminder of why he is the Tigers’ chief priority.

“When I’m involved in the ball and work off quick play-the-balls that’s when we play our best footy,” he said.

“We’re too structured in attack so I’ve just got to roam around and do my best.

Tedesco is likely to be centre of attention in the lead up to the Tigers’ clash with Canterbury next Sunday — a club he admitted earlier this month he was “tempted” to join because of their superior off-field stability.

But he said on Monday he believed the Tigers had improved in that area already after the arrival of new coach Ivan Cleary.

“Ivan has come in and just given us a game plan,” he said.

“You can see the improvement we’ve had in the past few weeks and that’s positive for me, positive for the team that we’re going in a positive direction.

“It’s good to have that. We haven’t had that before.”

Dog Till I Die

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there anyway the dogs can grab Teddy without losing Graham and Reynolds?

Can they do this? Tedesco accepts 450k for 2018 and 1.5 mil for 2019? Then a mil for 2020/21

Your basically telling the kid the best chance of you winning a GF is with this current roster and u in it.
That's Lichaa fucked, then.
Still can't believe we brought him in to replace Grub, and how both players' fortunes have/had split into divested fortunes.
Him and the Preacher, we get Teddy and still keep Grub#2 and Jammer.
There is a light!!

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No. He's said he wants to stay in rugby for now. With or without The Farce
I thought the main motivator for his decision to leave the dogs was his missus? She wanted to be closer to her family or something...

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Abbey.

I like Morris but I find he's a better strike weapon out on the wing.
I agree he's the best winger we have, but he's also the best fb we have.
Considering a winger might get 2-3 opportunities per game but an fb will get 1-2 opportunities per set, I'd prefer moz sniffing out the back.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind Abbey on the wing to give him time to build his confidence while B Moz plays fullback. Eventually shift Abbey to fullback when Morris gets injured or struggles.

Ambrose

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Some random dogs supporter told me in the car park before the game he was talking to Benny Elias at the Balmain leagues club or something and apparently according to Benny - Tedesco is a done deal for the dogs but not Woods... for what that's worth...
This would be like the best news ever. The idea of paying Woods anywhere near 900k makes me uneasy plus we don't really need him.

Status
Not open for further replies.