Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It doesn't work like that though lol.
Yeah, depends how much is included in the cap and how much is under marquee allowance, but if we sign a player for $1 million, we're not signing them for $800k cap and $200k 3rd party. We're signing them for $1 million cap. Whatever they get for 3rd party is on top of that. The NRL has become very stern on 3rd party agreements recently. If there is any hint that the club negotiated any part of the 3rd party agreement then it's considered a salary cap breach.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hopefully 500k each third party for both of them
There's two types of 3rd party agreement. Cap counted and outside the cap. Cap counted agreements can be negoitated by the club but from memory cap counted 3rd party agreements are limited to $300k which I gather some Bulldogs players would already be on ($300k in total, not per player). The other 3rd party agreement is not cap counted. A club can't have anything to do with these agreements. Any agreement the club negotiates is included in the salary cap so if the figures are correct then they're talking about how much we're signing them for before the 3rd party agreements.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Fuck I
Hope we sign Tedesco

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah, depends how much is included in the cap and how much is under marquee allowance, but if we sign a player for $1 million, we're not signing them for $800k cap and $200k 3rd party. We're signing them for $1 million cap. Whatever they get for 3rd party is on top of that. The NRL has become very stern on 3rd party agreements recently. If there is any hint that the club negotiated any part of the 3rd party agreement then it's considered a salary cap breach.
Na don't agree with that tbh. If we sign a player for $1 million, we could just as easily be signing them for 500k. We just don't know as none of the figures are confirmed. I also think the reported figures include TPA's going off what some people in the media have said. But then again, that still also isn't confirmed.

All we know is that some clubs have far more talent on their roster than others. Kent just said today that some clubs are believed to be millions over the cap thanks to TPA's. Yes the clubs can't directly negotiate unlimited TPA's..but why is it that the richer clubs in the NRL are the ones with the better rosters?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The person claiming on West Tigers Forum that Teddy is done at $1.1 and Woods $900k, cited his source as:
It's all around different Club forums that have reliable sources should be announced this week.
Anyone can make up any old shit to justify their thoughts ... afterall it's a 50/50 chance you are right if you don't elaborate, AND salaries are rarely published anyway.

My memory of this is VERY rough, but I am fairly sure John Tedesco (Jame's Dad), is a member on here.

I recall last time Teddy was up for contract he was on here talking (in PM as well) with some about how close they were to a Bulldogs deal.

Stuffed if I can remember his username though, and it was on the old forum.

NorthernDog

Waterboy
Reaction score
900k for woods ffs. Where the fuck can i go and kill myself?
Bugger Woods, he showed again this week he still isn't an adult. That stupid hit on Radradra and his general petulance. Give me Graham any day.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bugger Woods, he showed again this week he still isn't an adult. That stupid hit on Radradra and his general petulance. Give me Graham any day.
Are you sure you watched him play this last weekend?? I thought he did with some awesome off loads!!

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We wasted the prime years of our forward pack with no attacking fullback.
The exception was Barba the year he was DailyM winner but absolutely agree. If Rae Rae gave us the Rockstar fullback that she promised we'd be thereabouts most years.

I just can't see us getting Teddy but should he come over, we would be quite a force considering the likes of Klemmer, Jackson, Kasiano, RFM, Fualalo are all still young.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Despite what some people are suggesting, Woods will be an astute signing for us. Both he and Klemmer will grow another leg together upon leading our chargers in the forward pack.

Plus, he's an Origin and Australian representative in the prime of his career whilst also bringing a good personality which establishes good morale and bonds within the team.

I can see Teddy going over to the Chooks, but still, we are certainly in with a chance of landing his signature. I think the Roosters would struggle to fit his asking price under their cap (but then again, Uncle Nick would surely find a way) whereas we are prepared to shed some talent to finally get our "Rockstar" fullback. Teddy couldn't lose either way, both strong consistent contenders for the title and both strong financially.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I saw something disgusting over the weekend actually considering Woods which made me think fuk this cat... Been on for minutes after a long stint on the bench, game in the balance and parra make a break. West tigers players scrambling in defence and lumbering to get back is Woods, fatigued and uninterested. Parra get tackled and finally Woods makes it to the play the ball but instead of getting back the 10 and rush up in defence he stands at marker making the tackler get back the to the 10. I thought maybe he wants to rush out of marker considering he'll be the less fatigued guy that scrambled but he just stood there at marker flat footed and ball watching as Parra scored.

Now i don't know if his disinterested and doesn't care because his moving on anyway but I instantly thought, what would Graham have done?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I watched Woods too, he had some
Good off loads. Found his stomach well for quick play the balls. When they started losing he cracked it: was not interested no intent on anything. I think this comes down to him wanting out of there more then anything. All I know is fuck I hope we sign Tedesco. On tigers thing someone saying done with chooks now so fuck knows. Fucking better be us! We are due a rockstar fullback 5 years ago.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I watched Woods too, he had some
Good off loads. Found his stomach well for quick play the balls. When they started losing he cracked it: was not interested no intent on anything. I think this comes down to him wanting out of there more then anything. All I know is fuck I hope we sign Tedesco. On tigers thing someone saying done with chooks now so fuck knows. Fucking better be us! We are due a rockstar fullback 5 years ago.
I wouldn't be surprised if the chooks drop SKD, Fergo and Tupou for Teddy... With Manu and Mitchell in the backline all they need is 2 cheapies to feel in the wing spots.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Going by what Graham just said on nrl360... we have teddy and woods.... unless he is shit stirring

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Anyone able to upload clip? Someone on tigers forum said Graham
Basically just said they have Woods and that he Kent said truest thing said tonight. Nothing about Tedesco though they could be hoping he stays

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
When asked why the bulldogs will win sunday graham said "the bulldogs of today will be more fired up then the bulldogs of tomorrow".... kent asked who were the bulldogs of tomorrow graham said "smeddy smesmesco and sharon shoods"... woods face went bright red and he started laughing

Last edited:

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Don't get it really? Just taking the piss,

Status
Not open for further replies.