Its a joke!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Croc

Kennel Established
Reaction score
ABC guys where split, they said it was very similar to the thaiday try in SOO. Basically said the ref's have been pretty consistent with this call all year and anything that resembles separation at any time gets awarded no try.
Goes to show what they know at abc. Thaiday n lafais were not even close to being similar. He never lost contact with the ball. If they slowed everything down they would almost all look like that

DogFather

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Steve Clarke..... name rings a bell.

Anyone remember 2009 Dogs v Dragons at Kogarah..? Back when the "milkman" was playing for the queens.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I know I created another thread for this but

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It's not a joke, cause I ain't laughing,
It's a bloody disgrace

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This fool, Steve Clarke has always hated the dogs after he alleged he was spat on by Bulldog fans. He has crucified us ever since. Lucky it was only spit.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
They said that the TRY to Stanley should have been awarded and that the Lafai TRY was a clear TRY. They were angry that it wasnt awarded. They also said the Segeyaro was offside for his TRY that got awarded
On top of that the sideline commentator (Brett Finch?) who was in direct line with T-Rex's "forward pass" to Josh Jackson who would have scored said that there was nothing wrong with it. It was a flat pass at worst.

Edit: Presuming all tries were converted, this would have been a 24 point turnaround in favour of the Dogs. This was a "have to win" game for us and we were beaten by the referees. The Panthers didn't need an interchange numbered 14 to 17... theirs had whistles and a video screen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've just lost complete interest in the game. I used to be a paying member but got so sick of paying good money to watch such bullshit. NRL is the only professional sport in the world where the rules change every week depending on the colour of your jersey.

Nothing will happen to Steve Clarke, he'll continue to get paid. If I **** up 3 times at work i'm sacked... The NRL is a pathetic organisation

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Agree, but I am not laughing. For the first time ever( win lose or draw),I left a game before the final whistle. Along with thousands of others, I left the game 20 minutes before full time. The reason? Not because we were losing but because I was appalled by the inept and corrupt performance of the two pink marshmallows in the middle and the Stevie Wonder clones in the video referees box.As I made my way to the train station for the trip back to Lidcombe to start a 3&1/2 hour car trip home I was fuming. Thinking along the lines of ditching my season pass for the rest of this year and beyond, I was trying to get my head around what I had just seen. The NRL needs to take a good long hard look at themselves, in relation to the way they treat the fans. It has been a year in which the playing field has been tipped in favour or certain sides with the fools in the middle making it up as they go along. Sides and not only our side are being shafted every week with decisions made to ensure that "this is the most even competition since Adam was a boy" ( remember the wish list of a certain David Gallop?)
Errors will be made each and every week by officials, they are only human, so when will the rule book become black and white, not grey where a million interpretations of a single rule make decisions a lottery. All we fans want is CONSISTENCY, week in and week out.
The NRL wants bums on seats, but if the treatment of fans as fools or cash cows continues many will indeed say stuff you" If I want to watch league I will do so in the comfort and warmth of my own home where I can switch channels if the crap dealt out by officials becomes too much, rather than in a soulless half empty footy stadium." Channel Nine will not mind as they are winners regardless, but footy clubs might when season ticket revenue and merchandise sales dive.
I watched last nights main referee control our NSW Cup game at Belmore a few weeks ago in front of a crowd where players and officials outnumbered fans. His performance on that particular night was a carbon copy of last night; pathetic. Steven Clark should be sacked immediately, but that won't ever happen as the NRL never admits to errors, just ask the Cowboys in relation to their last two finals campaigns. In the light of this he should at least never be allowed to officiate any match we compete in.
Not sour grapes because if it was every one from NRL commentators to national newspapers could be accused of the same, because they are all saying it too.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Dogs asked for him to be sacked in 2009 after he cost us the minor premiership with a bad call.
In 2012 he got sacked from on field refereeing indefinitely after killing Cowboys finals chances with that BS Lyons no knock on call.

Rather than sack him completely, they just moved him to the video refs boxes where he'd be forgotten.

Sadly though everyone knows he's up there, because he is forever screwing up.

As Wolfmother says, if it was any other job and you screwed up three times, you'd be looking for a new job. Why are refs any different unless the NRL want them to be the fall guys for match rigging?

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This fool, Steve Clarke has always hated the dogs after he alleged he was spat on by Bulldog fans. He has crucified us ever since. Lucky it was only spit.
He deserved it since he can't follow the rules and is wasting our fans time and money.

Edroy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The joke is that the ****ing NRL charge an arm and a leg for people to go watch a game that is ruined by the referees. Last night was horrible at ANZ, Cold, it rained for a bit right on kick off, and that win felt like ice. People had to fork out big money and we couldn't even get a ****ing fair game. And they wonder why crowds are down. The joke of it also is the NRL won't come out and say they ****ed up. ****ing Joke!
^This.

I bought a country membership this year since I live a few hours from Sydney now. It was only $65, but with petrol prices it obviously costs a lot to get to games. Not to mention the hassle, weather etc.

I've only been to 2 games so far and was planning to come to at least 5. Glad I didn't come down the last 2 weeks as planned. I was gutted as it was, watching at home.

I have watched all but a couple of Bulldogs games since the early 90s but think I'm finally going to give the game away. Year after year results are determined by hopeless refs and I'm sick of supporting the joke competition. I've only stuck around this long because I bleed blue and white.

Watching NRL now is painful most of the time. Some teams constantly getting ripped off and others given the rub of the green. Add to that most of the commentators are blithering fools.

I know I definitely won't be buying membership next year but it will be hard not watching doggies games. I probably will end up watching them. It's ingrained in me.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Steve Clarke..... name rings a bell.

Anyone remember 2009 Dogs v Dragons at Kogarah..? Back when the "milkman" was playing for the queens.
But it was all okay the next week, the Bulldogs got an apology on that decision from the referees boss Robert Finch.

The only problems that arose from Clarke's low decision is that the Dogs still lost the game and Clarke is still allowed ply his gross incompetence.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The joke is that the ****ing NRL charge an arm and a leg for people to go watch a game that is ruined by the referees. Last night was horrible at ANZ, Cold, it rained for a bit right on kick off, and that win felt like ice. People had to fork out big money and we couldn't even get a ****ing fair game. And they wonder why crowds are down. The joke of it also is the NRL won't come out and say they ****ed up. ****ing Joke!
Bro i wish i could give u a million thumbs up.
everything i wanted to say practically word for word!

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
This.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Then we look at the tries scored last night, and wonder what the difference was. Hard to support the game when nearly every try we score is referred upstairs where it is scrutinised to see if it can be disallowed.

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
Then we look at the tries scored last night, and wonder what the difference was. Hard to support the game when nearly every try we score is referred upstairs where it is scrutinised to see if it can be disallowed.
Warriors just got given a try which was identical to Reni's obstruction!! Deadset the NRL is becoming a joke!

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Warriors just got given a try which was identical to Reni's obstruction!! Deadset the NRL is becoming a joke!
Fair dinkum, it was identical you say,
Doesn't surprise me it gets awarded to another team but taken away when it's us,

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I saw this and thought this is the exact definition of obstruction.

I just have no idea what an obstruction is. Looks like the video referees can say the same thing. It's getting beyond funny now.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I saw this and thought this is the exact definition of obstruction.

I just have no idea what an obstruction is. Looks like the video referees can say the same thing. It's getting beyond funny now.
It's been an issue for over a decade now if you ask me,

Status
Not open for further replies.