Is Moses Mbye the worst #7 we have ever had ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyzguy

Bulldog Tragic
Reaction score
I think if Moses was allowed to play as a half, he would be better. Our halves are graham and tolman

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Diagraceful stats : 1 run for 10m

Thurston is 10 years older yet runs 10x more

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I think if Moses was allowed to play as a half, he would be better. Our halves are graham and tolman
I have been hoping and hoping but I don't think he can cut it at 7.
Yes he is a good ball runner, is fast, dangerous if he runs at the try line.

But we need a kicking game and soneone to organise the attack in the opposition 20.
When Tolman died with the ball on the 5th tackle 6 meters out last night was the perfect example of why we desperately need to get a top quality halfback for next season.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
our halves do not demand the football... Either that's a confidence thing or a Dessie thing I don't know... But shy the f### are we paying Mbye big dollars to catch and pass?dessie should have him running the ball, kicking in behind the line but hey, what do us fans know?!!

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's filthy to say but it needs to happen.

Game 1 next season we need an opposition player to cannonball him and end his season.

Hopefully a youngster will emerge who will show him how it's done.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
our halves do not demand the football... Either that's a confidence thing or a Dessie thing I don't know... But why the f### are we paying Mbye big dollars to catch and pass?dessie should have him running the ball, kicking in behind the line but hey, what do us fans know?!!
It's filthy to say but it needs to happen.

Game 1 next season we need an opposition player to cannonball him and end his season.

Hopefully a youngster will emerge who will show him how it's done.
wouldnt it be better to get rid of a coach who struggles to fix a very obvious problem?

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mbye is average at this stage. Hodko got bagged as well but I actually think Mbye and Hodko would make a better pairing.

Why does Reynolds get a free pass? He has been playing 1st grade longer than Mbye, yet he hasn't improved. Can't kick (field goals he is good at), can't pass accurately and can't manage the game. All he has is support play and energy. It's getting the point where we need real quality.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The kid can play but he gets the ball in situations where nothing is on. Forwards will get a roll on but when it gets in tolman and grahams hands before it gets to him they just slide off them. Both halves would benefit from a style of footy that lets them have a proper go. Remember how good reynolds was in 2012 when he got the ball with a bit of space

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Exactly. need to stop blaming the players. except the handling, get into em for that shit!!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I don't blame Moses as Dessies stupid game plan has the forwards getting the ball when he should
Exactly. He is playing to our structures. But he wears the 7 and people are making ridiculous comparisons because of that. People expect him to do what a typical 7 should do, but he isn't a 7 and isn't being asked to play like one.

A half needs space and options around them to create. Atm he has fuck all space because the service on the inside is fucking sloppy and fuck all options because our forwards don't actually run lines. So how do people expect to him to "take control"?

bulldogfan1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was 1 occasion early in the 2nd half. One of our forwards made a very good run, then a quick play the ball,we were about 25 metres out from the Cows line. The ball went immediately to Mbye....all he did was immediately pass to Trex where he was heavily marked.

Whose fault is that? Is that Des' structure? Or is that Mbye shirking his responsibility?

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
There was 1 occasion early in the 2nd half. One of our forwards made a very good run, then a quick play the ball,we were about 25 metres out from the Cows line. The ball went immediately to Mbye....all he did was immediately pass to Trex where he was heavily marked.

Whose fault is that? Is that Des' structure? Or is that Mbye shirking his responsibility?
There was one occasion last night where jt passed to Ethan Lowe and he didn't score what a shit halfback jt is [emoji23]

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

shh you make too much sense for the kennel

people want to blame hasler for that instead of just seeing that mbye is nothing but a part time footballer
we wanted a nice marketable play doll who cant play footy for shit

all the athletic ability in the world
pea heart and zero football ability

if we could give reynolds HALF of mbyes god given athleticism he would be a god

Mbye isnt a half/halfback or a 5/8

he is an out and out centre

We are trying to force him to get involved when he is never going to be a player who will look for the ball

Hasler has a shit game plan yes but its only because he doesnt have any faith in our halves and i dont blame him

Reynolds often tries to hard and can come up with mistakes
Mbye is just garbage and is a repeat of back end of last year

Status
Not open for further replies.