I pity the team we play when we put in a full 80!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I had to watch the dogs v rabbits game after i already new the score, and in this situation i think you can get a better read on things because your emotions are not involved.
The dogs defended well all game, but to be honest i dont think they really started playing until the last quarter of the game. Im sure that klemmers go forward was sorely missed, and this contributed to things getting off to a slow start.
All things considered, if we can put in a solid 80 mins im confident that we can beat any team in this comp!!!! And i still think that we can challenge for the title if we keep improving.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
An 80min performance is virtually impossible unless we have our best team on the field for the full 80.
Frawley has to stay at half, mbye at hooker and b-moz at fb (or continue developing abbey)
That second half gave me a boner.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Hasler Is a bit torn at the moment , it's good to see him finally allowing the changes to be made. Mbye to hooker has been great... the part where he is torn is he is a loyal bloke and he brought a player over who hasn't performed.. must be hard to tap him on the shoulder. I see the season slowly playing out good, all the critics said all along there's no reason why we can't win with our forward pack.. just said the halves need control and maybe Frawley is the glue to hold this spine together

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Whilst Mbye has been slewed to death here and rightly so regarding playing 7, I think we can all agree his utility value cannot be understated. He's played 3 positions in two consecutive games (2/3 very well)

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This season we're actually lasting the whole 80 minutes. We're not falling apart at the 60th minute mark like last season

And yesterday was the first time in ages where we had no injuries and all our bench forwards actually got decent playing time and not the 0 to 5 minutes at the end of the game

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If Frawley plays 80 the dogs will play 80 imo he came on with 10 to go in the first half and they didn't adjust to the change until 10 into the second half and that's when we really started to get momentum we looked like the Bulldogs for the first time in along time.............Frawley has to start

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This season we're actually lasting the whole 80 minutes. We're not falling apart at the 60th minute mark like last season

And yesterday was the first time in ages where we had no injuries and all our bench forwards actually got decent playing time and not the 0 to 5 minutes at the end of the game
If anything we went up a gear and Souths couldn't stay with us

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If Frawley plays 80 the dogs will play 80 imo he came on with 10 to go in the first half and they didn't adjust to the change until 10 into the second half and that's when we really started to get momentum we looked like the Bulldogs for the first time in along time.............Frawley has to start
Lichaa was hooked about 25 in from memory.

It was immediately after he threw the worse pass in the history of the game, to the invisible player.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

It was immediately after he threw the worse pass in the history of the game, to the invisible player.
And that is his biggest issue imo he can't read a defensive line and adjust accordingly he just can't read the game

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Under another coach he may have developed differently I do feel a bit sorry for the bloke

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And that is his biggest issue imo he can't read a defensive line and adjust accordingly he just can't read the game
And that's the thing that really gets me, when he was a sharks junior he used to have incredible vision and could read the game, he even killed our juniors once from memory, but now his fucken shit and Mbye should stay at hooker.

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Don't get too excited - yet. we could of easily lost yesterday and the last 2 weeks. Teams have been getting over our try line without scoring, and our starting 13 offers just about nothing. In saying that, There are def some good signs with Mbye at hooker, Frawley at 7 and jmoz at fb...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We won't ever see an 80 minute performance until Des learns how to use a fucking bench. His rotations are pathetic.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I seriously can't get over how bad it is. I think he made 3 changes within the first 10 minutes after half time yesterday. Kas was off about 5 minutes into the half from memory...like we just had a fucking halftime break, why the fuck does a bloke need a rest after 5 minute haha.

Reactions: GDR

stclair

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Wasn't much worse than jammers on the stroke of half time... ;)

stclair

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I seriously can't get over how bad it is. I think he made 3 changes within the first 10 minutes after half time yesterday. Kas was off about 5 minutes into the half from memory...like we just had a fucking halftime break, why the fuck does a bloke need a rest after 5 minute haha.
Kas had an injury concern... Hobbling at end of game... By all means make comment with no info though....

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Kas had an injury concern... Hobbling at end of game... By all means make comment with no info though....
Okay then 2 chages...point still stands, our bench rotation is pathetic.

stclair

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Okay then 2 chages...point still stands, our bench rotation is pathetic.
Lol.. Ok...like everything else... ;)
One way of looking at it may be - the guys that come on after 25-30, who are only going to play 20-30 mins anyway (only 2 interchanges used) have impact for 10-15 get a spell then are fairly fresh for another 10, before the refreshed starting players come back on for their final 20-30 minute stint... Subs at half time would mean bringing fringe players/ reserves on to finish the game...I dunno, I don't coach in the toughest comp in the world... Though I'm not Robinson Crusoe there...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.