"I never wanted to leave" - Hard to read

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Before you wipe out the Kleenex box, just remember for perspective.

1. its just a game
2. I can think of 3million other reasons over a 4 yar period why Josh will be just fine!
1. It's not just a game. It's a sport which many people would consider their livelihood and a big part of who they are
2. It's not about the money FFS.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
1. It's not just a game. It's a sport which many people would consider their livelihood and a big part of who they are
2. It's not about the money FFS.
1. Not for you, me, or Blue and white blood. Unless you are actually Ray Moujalli posting on the lowdown.
2. Isnt it? then fuck Josh mustnt like us too much because he had the choice to stay for half a mil a year. He must like the tigers more if it isnt about the money.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before you wipe out the Kleenex box, just remember for perspective.

1. its just a game
2. I can think of 3million other reasons over a 4 yar period why Josh will be just fine!
Thank God I've got you for support, you make me feel so much better you should be a Councillor you just saved my life, I've just pulled my head from the micro wave oven.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Thank God I've got you for support, you make me feel so much better you should be a Councillor you just saved my life, I've just pulled my head from the micro wave oven.
Beneathe the Breakfast point exterior, Iam a good person, happy to have been of help.

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
Kasiano, Eastwood and Lichaa are certain to go.

Disappointed about Kasiano but fuck

Sherlock Holmes

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Reynolds is not worth 750k or 900k. That's crazy money for someone that can't guide a team around the park or keep himself calm.

Yes we overpaid for Mbye but everyone including club legends were all saying we can't lose another Thurston so we took a punt with Melb also trying to sign him. Mbye is younger with room for improvement and may still prove to a very good player in another position. I am hoping he gets a run at full back then if he plays well there he will be worth his contract.

For all the form comparisons between the two it would have been interesting to see how they both might have played if Mbye was selected at 5/8 and allowed to play his game and Reynolds had to play half back.
Your missing the point.
Forwards are now earning 500k and over.
Winger are earning 350k and over
Centres are earning 500k and over
Halves are now earning 600k - 1.2m

The salary cap has increased over the last 7 years therefore so do the players wages.

Reynolds has played in 2 grand finals 4 origins who mind you played a big part in winning an origin series. He has achieved more than some of the other halves in the comp that are getting paid over 650k

In todays market he is definitely worth 700k and up , thats just the way the market works for example a house in belmore 10 years ago was worth 300k and today that exact same house is worth over a million dollars. The house hasn't changed the market has.

So it doesn't matter what you think a player is worth , it's got to do with what the going rate is for a 5/8 in this market

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Reynolds never thought he'd leave and was willing to stay for less money. He was willing to stay on a deal with a shorter commitment than the one on the table at the Tigers. But when people at his own club were telling him he couldn't turn down the offer at the Wests Tigers, he knew his time was up.

What a load of fucking BS.

If he wanted to stay, he could have re - signed for less.

I hate it when players do the, I was willing to sacrifice everything to stay, but then sign elsewhere.
100k maybe but 200-400k less??

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He's handled himself well and maintained his professionalism throughout the entire saga.

It's why he'll be applauded rather than booed when we play the Tigs in years to come.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Possibly one of the easiest and most satisfying things I have ever read. he has killed this club from 2011-2017.Could have won a comp without him

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
@Oatley Dog

Just realised who said that about Milford.

Tallis wouldn't know if his arse was on fire & he had lit it himself.

I will wait until other media talk about before listening to Tallis.

Pretty sure most players etc don't even talk to Tallis.
Tallis and Benny don't get on but I think Gordy gets on with all the decision makers at The Donkeys. It all fits with Milfs reluctance to sign another contract even though they have been in discussions for months. And it wasn't just Gordy the others had the same view.

Ambrose

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Reynolds never thought he'd leave and was willing to stay for less money. He was willing to stay on a deal with a shorter commitment than the one on the table at the Tigers. But when people at his own club were telling him he couldn't turn down the offer at the Wests Tigers, he knew his time was up.

What a load of fucking BS.

If he wanted to stay, he could have re - signed for less.

I hate it when players do the, I was willing to sacrifice everything to stay, but then sign elsewhere.
The club offered him less than he was worth so he would walk. This type of thing happens in business ALL the time. It's there in print plain as day.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Possibly one of the easiest and most satisfying things I have ever read. he has killed this club from 2011-2017.Could have won a comp without him
It's people like you that convince me our fanbase needs a cleanout. Reynolds has kept this team in the contest for a lot of games since he's been here you grub.

NickT

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Suppose we have to suck it up. We all want Deserae to go, yet it seems the one dude who Peter Moore would build his team around is the one out the door.
Foran will be a bust.
My opinion is to promote your juniors.
Hope I'm wrong.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's people like you that convince me our fanbase needs a cleanout. Reynolds has kept this team in the contest for a lot of games since he's been here you grub.
Over 50% disagree with you. We win another 25% plus and that's being lenient without Reynolds. We probably win a grand final too. Passion and enthusiasm don't garner 20 try assist seasons premiership winning halves achieve. Look I still clap and cheer when he chases his own grubber and scores due to a lazy fullback every five weeks or so , or when he rushes up and puts a hit on with out tripping or missing and causing a line break because I love the Bulldogs and I'm happy for you to find so much joy in such inadequate , inconsistent simpleton plays but it's time to move on from the worst 5 years in our club history and win some football

Status
Not open for further replies.