Status
Not open for further replies.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Like I said yesterday
750k a year for years as opposed to 500k at 3 years

That's a minimum of 750k difference over 3 years

Good luck to him, change is better for both parties.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
When we were supposedly losing Mbye people here were calling it Thurston 2.0

How things change

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When we were supposedly losing Mbye people here were calling it Thurston 2.0

How things change
Fuck Thurston. He left, so be it ... he was offered the opportunity to come back and instead used us as a bargaining tool to get a higher offer from the Cowboys before re-signing with them.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sad to see him go. It's best for him financially and to play under a different coach.

He's been mature about what he's said and waived the cooling off period to avoid ongoing speculation.

Reactions: DT

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I must be the odd man out reading through all the tears.

You chose money over loyalty Josh ... don't try and make this a pity party about yourself.

You aren't worth $750k a year.
You ARE worth $500k a year.

SIMPLE . AS . THAT

If you had performed the last year like the last few weeks then YES, $750k - $900k is realistic... but a few good games a champion does not make.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score

You chose money over loyalty Josh ... don't try and make this a pity party about yourself.

SIMPLE . AS . THAT

If you had performed the last year like the last few weeks then YES, $750k - $900k is realistic... but a few good games a champion does not make.
Agree

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

SIMPLE . AS . THAT

Heartless.

Hound_Dog

Waterboy
Reaction score

SIMPLE . AS . THAT

250k a year is a massive difference, though 400k a year is an astronomical difference ;)

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The idiot journo is just quoting from the interview Josh had with Zap that was played on bulldogs TV earlier this afternoon. The interview goes for 14 minutes and that is about 2 of them. It was a good interview with Reynolds clearly wishing he could have stayed but blaming no-one for it other than the cap. Really wants to go out with a premiership.

You are quite correct. Watched the interview and I must admit it brought a tear to my eye. Honest, open, no bullshit from a guy who is man enough to admit that perhaps he has not been what the club required to get the job done but nonetheless bears no ill will towards anyone for the way things have played out.
Players come and go all the time, but it cuts particularly deep when it is someone who prided himself on trying to do his best at all times and who judged himself more harshly than others looking from the outside in. Yep, not a marquee player, not the best player to ever lace up a boot for the Dogs, but one who showed that he would always do his best to use his enthusiasm and dare I say it, passion for the club that he has spent the last fourteen years at.

I thought he handled the interview well and what particularly took my attention was his feeling of actually having let his team mates down with the decision made. He took counsel from James Graham and others who told him to do what was best for him here and now, best for himself for the future.

I will miss Grub; Grub who has thrilled us at times , thrown us to the pits of despair on others with his brain explosions , but always tried his best to do whatever he could to get us a result.

My mind will always cast back to that evening at Belmore against the ;Round 16 2015, where the crowd as one chanted his name. encouraging the coach to get him on the field. I watched him as he nervously trotted up and down the sideline eager to get out there and do his bit for the side. In all my years of watching the Dogs play I had never encountered anything like it before and in all honestly may never do again. The love for the guy was never more evident in that moment and say what you will, even if you don't like him it was something special.

Hope that this year can be something really special for us all and that the team can get the job done. Nothing would be more fitting than a GF appearance and win. Fairy tale stuff you might say but wouldn't it be sweet?

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

SIMPLE . AS . THAT

Exactly my thinking, I would gladly keep Reynolds at 500k but no way would I go to 750k or even consider 900k. The club was in a lose-lose situation, match the Tigers price and keep Reynolds and possibly not be able to afford other players and the fans would riot and letting Reynolds go to try and better the team with quality players and the fans still riot. People criticise the club for not making a change (read the threads after we got knocked out last year) and then when they make a statement by letting go of Reynolds and signing a bloke who has represented his country 20 times as well as captained them, oh and the main argument is that the likes of Mbye, Eastwood etc should of left first, however there are contracts in place and its not as easy to offload players as some think. The club had to make a hard decision and they made it.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
[QUOTE="dogluva, post: 3140233, member: 4761"
My mind will always cast back to that evening at Belmore against the ;Round 16 2015, where the crowd as one chanted his name. encouraging the coach to get him on the field. I watched him as he nervously trotted up and down the sideline eager to get out there and do his bit for the side. In all my years of watching the Dogs play I had never encountered anything like it before and in all honestly may never do again. The love for the guy was never more evident in that moment and say what you will, even if you don't like him it was something special.

Hope that this year can be something really special for us all and that the team can get the job done. Nothing would be more fitting than a GF appearance and win. Fairy tale stuff you might say but wouldn't it be sweet?[/QUOTE]
Agree on both fronts.

Whilst Im not Reynolds biggest fan as a 5/8 if he played any other position on the field that wasn't the spine I would've loved to keep him but like he said some things just aren't meant to be. And hopefully we can win the premiership not only for josh but for players like Jmoz who has given the club almost a decade of quality service and Graham/Jackson who give there all to the club week in week out.

Status
Not open for further replies.