HipDrop Insanity

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fox are replaying this and commenting... How do they not see, or comment the fact that there is a surge due to Graham's push. I'm apoplectic about this now. If you are going to talk technicalities, and mere seconds before saying that crushers are understandable when a player is swung around... I shouldn't be surprised. NRL players, commentators don't have a single brain cell between them

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Sir dogeth style

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You can literally see Preston take his feet off the ground and use his grip on the ball as leverage to drive his hips onto Thompson's ankles. That people are defending this blows my mind.

Frame 1

View attachment 68097

Frame 2View attachment 68098
yes, in an attempt to strip the ball, not tackle. the hip drop is an attempt to use body weight to bring a player to the ground not the ball, preston was holding the ball and thompson is clearly standing up right apart from the fact his foot got caught under preston who fell in a twist and pulling motion,, no suspension i guarantee

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
yes, in an attempt to strip the ball, not tackle. the hip drop is an attempt to use body weight to bring a player to the ground not the ball, preston was holding the ball and thompson is clearly standing up right apart from the fact his foot got caught under preston who fell in a twist and pulling motion,, no suspension i guarantee
Bad guarantee to make. Especially with scumbag Demetriou's comments, the NRL will lash out at being so obviously exposed. They too will double down

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
lol cmon man. As much as I love the dogs, I just don't want to see players injured unnecessarily through this type of tackle, even if they are opposition players. We got lucky at the start of the game that the one on Tetola was missed.
You're a bullshitter. If you were genuine, you wouldnt have done what you just did, which is what Fox are doing with the replay, start your first frame after the surge brought on by Graham's shove

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

bulldogruss

est.1980
Reaction score
Fox are replaying this and commenting... How do they not see, or comment the fact that there is a surge due to Graham's push. I'm apoplectic about this now. If you are going to talk technicalities, and mere seconds before saying that crushers are understandable when a player is swung around... I shouldn't be surprised. NRL players, commentators don't have a single brain cell between them
Well before the Preston incident in the tackle I was saying live this surely should be getting called a held tackle with Campbell pushing his player for a number of metres.
You simply can’t have a team mate involved like that, unless we are going to allow mauls into the game. Should have been called held straight away and made to play the ball. That’s what happens when a player gets involved to stop backward momentum.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I always thought a hip drop was losing your feet and swinging your hip in the back or side of the ball carriers legs, Preston’s hip didn’t make contact with anything and he didn’t lose his feet he slipped.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Demetriou is a scumbag. He's playing the victim
fucken dickhead actually said on the radio “if he did that at training, he’s teammates would be filthy at him.”
No shit fuckface.
fucken fool wants the NRL to look like training runs??

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Every time a third player tackles the legs its a penalty, gotta start lifting a leg and dropping them on their torso.
Still no send off.