Heads in the sand at Belmore HQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We still don't have a barba replacement 3 seasons later..

Coote was available but our dud recruitment didn't go for him.
Hoppa is our rockstar fullback what a joke of a comment that was

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know where to start. We only recruit forwards, according to Des we don't need anything else. Just goes to indicate the direction Des will continue with, a forward based game where other positions are not important in his eyes.

It's also going to be very interesting to see what happens next year, I'm sure we're going to get screwed with heaps of Sunday games. B-moz will move to fullback to cover for our part time player meaning we need another back-up winger to fill in on Sundays. We haven't even recruited to fill both Rona and Perretts' positions. I hope there's some talent coming thru NSW cup otherwise it's going to be another long year.
I know of one very good young centre (friend of family) who we recently signed to $150k per season for 2 years. He is a big strong kid and was in demand from other clubs as well as yawnion who really wanted him.
The week after he signed they played him up a grade in the forwards...says it all for mine.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pretty much all of the FB's have been on the market since ratboy left?
Tedesco is another one as well. Not too sure about others

He back flipped on Canberra who threw big money at him.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
We still don't have a barba replacement 3 seasons later..

Coote was available but our dud recruitment didn't go for him.
James Roberts apparently came to the club in a Bulldogs polo shirt when he had a broken leg and was released from the Panthers and said he'll play fullback got us when his leg got better. Des said nope.

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
would love to know how much we are paying
Graham
Tolman
Mbye
Reynolds
B Morris
J Morris
Hoppa

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We dont take advantage of being a rich fucking club and spend Money on superstars.
We can only spend the amount of money that the NRL says we can under the salary cap. It is the way in which we spend it that should be questioned. Maybe not waste the money on nuffies or backups who for the most part have turned out to be not as solid as we believed or panic and offer overs for coaches favourites.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What if we win the GF this year? lol
Should that be the case we can all feel a bit foolish because we would have been the victims of the greatest con job ever. What did Marley say...."sandbagging". Great effort to keep that up for 25 rounds.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Haven't u watched babe or the little mermaid on DVD ?

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They did sign joey leulias brother from dragqueens, but he's another forward.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
What if we win the GF this year? lol
Biggest fluke in history?

If we do then Des needs to be the General of the US Army and put in charge of wiping out isis lol

That or he should get a fucking Oscar award lol

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
In truth we still haven't even got a replacement for Barba lol and it seems as if the club has gone backwards since then.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
I just wish he (Des) would follow Bellamy's recruitment philosophy, sure he's had a couple of outliers in Smith/Cronk/Slater but the bloke continues to sign journeymen and unknowns and builds the roster around the key positions - fullback/halback/hooker.

We do the opposite, put players in key positions that clearly they can't perform in or are not suited to - Hopoate/Mbye/Reynolds and we buy or re-sign forwards on the basis that these said players are shit, so we will get you to do their work for them - it's bizarre stuff indeed.

Some of the players who were available in these key positions who I would have looked at are/were: Maloney, Coote, A.Taylor, Holmes, Austin etc. heck even watching Parra play and Jeff Robson gives his forwards/backs more direction than either of our halves - Jeff Robson guys.

I hope the young halves coming through (Kerr, Lewis, Keighran) develop quick smart and ditto for Abbey and Woolford or otherwise we are fucked for the next few years, if we don't adjust our recruitment strategy.
Difference is the storm have arguably the best players in key positions so recruitment for them is far easier for them as opposed to the dogs. But at the end of the day we can have one of the best packs in the league but without a quality half back it means fuck all tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.