Heads in the sand at Belmore HQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Every year, clubs assess where issues lie, and seek out to recruit and correct those issues for the following season. Souths are recruiting on mass to fix a rubbish season, and other clubs have recruited to fix specific issues around their 2016 season.

Turn to the Bulldogs, and we've bought one second rate wing/centre. The worst recruitment for 2017+ of ANY club, and that's two years running now.

We still don't have a Sam Perrett replacement.

We buy rejects / hacks from elsewhere instead of chasing and buying quality players we need.

Is it arrogance at our club that the powers that be honestly believe we don't have any problems to correct? This is the only way to explain a lack of recruitment.

Likewise every year I comment on our lacking attack in NRL Nines. People say "oh it's shit" or "only the Nines", but here we are in Round 25 and struggling to score points this season.

Sure it's not indicative of the season ahead, but it does expose key flaws in our ability to score.

Seasons begin far before Round 1.. if only our club realised that.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol, another one of those threads,

Haha,

But you are correct,

I don't get it,

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
We pay overs for large forwards who would struggle to make the bench at other clubs: Tolman, Graham, Trex etc. and don't have enough money to spend on our 1,6,7,9. We have also blown our cap on a slow 6-day fullback and rookie halfback who has turned out to be a poor man's Ben Roberts.

Need a cleanout.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We dont take advantage of being a rich fucking club and spend Money on superstars.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Tag this post of mine.

We will miss Sam Perret badly not only remaining of the season this year but also next year too.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Tag this post of mine.

We will miss Sam Perret badly not only remaining of the season this year but also next year too.
We have hoppa who is almost another perrett

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Des believes that he can buy duds and turn them into superstars in theory he can he did it at manly but not with us ,to me des is like trex has a big fat cheque and has become complacent

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Every year, clubs assess where issues lie, and seek out to recruit and correct those issues for the following season. Souths are recruiting on mass to fix a rubbish season, and other clubs have recruited to fix specific issues around their 2016 season.

Turn to the Bulldogs, and we've bought one second rate wing/centre. The worst recruitment for 2017+ of ANY club, and that's two years running now.

We still don't have a Sam Perrett replacement.

We buy rejects / hacks from elsewhere instead of chasing and buying quality players we need.

Is it arrogance at our club that the powers that be honestly believe we don't have any problems to correct? This is the only way to explain a lack of recruitment.

Likewise every year I comment on our lacking attack in NRL Nines. People say "oh it's shit" or "only the Nines", but here we are in Round 25 and struggling to score points this season.

Sure it's not indicative of the season ahead, but it does expose key flaws in our ability to score.

Seasons begin far before Round 1.. if only our club realised that.
They will extend Des contract for another couple years, problems solve, LOL

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't know where to start. We only recruit forwards, according to Des we don't need anything else. Just goes to indicate the direction Des will continue with, a forward based game where other positions are not important in his eyes.

It's also going to be very interesting to see what happens next year, I'm sure we're going to get screwed with heaps of Sunday games. B-moz will move to fullback to cover for our part time player meaning we need another back-up winger to fill in on Sundays. We haven't even recruited to fill both Rona and Perretts' positions. I hope there's some talent coming thru NSW cup otherwise it's going to be another long year.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We are very thin in the backline next year not looking good

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tag this post of mine.

If only he was a half a foot taller, he be best winger in nrl

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I just wish he (Des) would follow Bellamy's recruitment philosophy, sure he's had a couple of outliers in Smith/Cronk/Slater but the bloke continues to sign journeymen and unknowns and builds the roster around the key positions - fullback/halback/hooker.

We do the opposite, put players in key positions that clearly they can't perform in or are not suited to - Hopoate/Mbye/Reynolds and we buy or re-sign forwards on the basis that these said players are shit, so we will get you to do their work for them - it's bizarre stuff indeed.

Some of the players who were available in these key positions who I would have looked at are/were: Maloney, Coote, A.Taylor, Holmes, Austin etc. heck even watching Parra play and Jeff Robson gives his forwards/backs more direction than either of our halves - Jeff Robson guys.

I hope the young halves coming through (Kerr, Lewis, Keighran) develop quick smart and ditto for Abbey and Woolford or otherwise we are fucked for the next few years, if we don't adjust our recruitment strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.