Hasler on Triple MMM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Girdler asked Hasler if he needs to change his attacking structure, because of the recent trend of defenders moving up quickly on playmakers causing errors. He basically suggested some of our errors/possession issues could be reduced by tweaking the attacking structure.

Hasler's reply was "you've got to have the ball in hand to do that"

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
mentioned about the halves not getting enough ball and said he has been hearing that
said they didnt change anything but the issue was too much dropped ball on opposition line

said cant let the frustration creep in it wont help
said he was considering change it up with hoppa during the game with bmoz at fullback
said we have been poor and its not good enough
mentioned we completed 24/33 which he is right
said souths completed 33 sets out of 40 which he is right

alot more honest than he usually is

He is right you guys know....we are dropping the ball alot in attack in the opp 20 and i didn't realise we only completed 24 sets
we wont win any games doing that

effort is there but the team is clunky which he said

dinga

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Poor completions blamed again. Not impressed by the questions put forward by the panel to Des either. Seemed like they were cautious about offending Des rather than getting to the heart of why the Dogs are playing crap.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
mentioned about the halves not getting enough ball and said he has been hearing that
said they didnt change anything but the issue was too much dropped ball on opposition line

said he was considering change it up with hoppa during the game with bmoz at fullback

He is right you guys know....we are dropping the ball alot in attack in the opp 20 and i didn't realise we only completed 24 sets

It's des fault the team is clunky
He is responsible for training them
That's what a head coach is responsible for

He needed to address this in May this year
It's too late now
Nothing going to change now

Look to next year guys

I'm sure Des has written of this year

I just hope he stops being a stubborn **** and re invents a new game plan

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Girdler asked Hasler if he needs to change his attacking structure, because of the recent trend of defenders moving up quickly on playmakers causing errors. He basically suggested some of our errors/possession issues could be reduced by tweaking the attacking structure.

Hasler's reply was "you've got to have the ball in hand to do that"
Did Hasler ask, what's an attacking structure?

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

We drop the ball because we don't ask questions of the opposition and they read our crap attack and put pressure on us. Let's face it, no bodies in motion, no decoys and we don't have a half that can play that style anyway. Our halves can't go to the line and hit a ball runner in space. They either throw it over the sideline or take the wrong option and put someone under pressure which leads to a mistake.
And des knows this, that's the reason for the conservative game plan. Ultimately it's his fault as he is in charge of the football operation including recruitment and game plan.

Dogs of war76

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Yes he is right, we drop and dont complete enough sets, the question is why)???
And the answer is, the players without the ball skills ie the forwards, get well over double the touches of the ball than the backs, the players with supposedly better handling etc all because of this shit structure we keep playing

Also doesn't help the fact we never stand with any depth to give ourselves time with the ball, we stand up flat and getting hammered as soon as we get it as the defence is already in our face

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I can gaurantee that if he does turn up with the same shit gameplan next year than I will not be watching it

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Poor completions blamed again. Not impressed by the questions put forward by the panel to Des either. Seemed like they were cautious about offending Des rather than getting to the heart of why the Dogs are playing crap.
What a pathetic interview.....too fukin scared to ask the hard questions.....im sick to death of hasler going on about statistics related to conpletion rates........we have enough possession but do fuk all with the ball....how. about ask him about recruitment and about why our halves are not allowed to take control of the team.....he is caught up about statistics that he cannot see the importance of allowing the team to play their natural game

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
That was a joke of an interview. POSSESSION was mentioned about 500 fukn times. And he skirted around every question with the same answer POSSESSION.
And the niff nuffs on Triple M were too scared to argue or ask the hard questions.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too scared to stand up to the so called master coach.....he does whatever he wants and doesnt need to answer to anyone.....

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well maybe.....just maybe, if the halves got the ball at FIRST FUCKING RECEIVER, they wouldn't be under so much pressure, by the time the ball gets to them?
I mean, I'm no supercoach, but fuck me, it seems so obvious to everyone else, why the fuck can't he see that ??

pugsley

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Don't shout me down but I think des can coach but the problem is his assistants have been around him to long and don't challenge him or question his game plan
He has just signed till 2019 so hope he wakes up and get rid of Egan and co

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Don't shout me down but I think des can coach but the problem is his assistants have been around him to long and don't challenge him or question his game plan
Why should the assistants do his job for him ? He's the head coach. It's his job to identify deficiencies and come up with ways to rectify them. It's his assistants job to implement his plans.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The issue isn't so much the number of times our halves get the ball, it's how they get the ball.

A half shouldn't be the second receiver after a shoddy pass from Tolman.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Seems like the interview is the same shit, different day.

Considering & doing it are 2 completely different things. (He won't change a thing, as he thinks his game plan is right)

The players are getting frustrated, because they can't play their natural game, as the have to follow what Hasler has told them to do.

From what you posted about what was said, he is blaming the players all the time, he hasn't once blamed his lack of coaching style/techniques.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We drop the ball playing boring hit up shit
So why not change it up and play expansive shit
An error is an error no matter what structure u are playing
The halves get it when the def line is already in their faces and we stand too fcuking flat
If they get it one off the ruck then they'd have more time !!!

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has this re-signing been made official, cause I need to take out health insurance ASAP?

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A simple x play or dropping an inside player on a different angle and changing the direction for the defence line to consider
U and ur teams structure game plan is shit

Status
Not open for further replies.