has Lafai bulked up too much

Status
Not open for further replies.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Is it just me or does Lafai look too heavy and slow this year? he has bulked up a hell of lot and im thinking he might have spent too much time on the weights....last night he looked like he was running in wet cement when he was running on to the ball

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yes. He looks restricted in his running also.... maybe suffering from an injury?

North Shore Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It's the hairstyle. I reckon he is carrying 2 kg too much hair.

In all seriousness, he looks like a back rower now. The ideal build for a centre winger is Brett Morris. Tall strong but lean rather thank bulky.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Both Tim Lafai and Josh Morris look too big to be honest.

Barba

TANK
Reaction score
He looks slower this year and his defence has been ordinary. He rarely missed tackles last year

bulldogfan1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
HE looks particularly slow in his change in direction, which was his real strength last season...That was his main asset...it has turned into a weakness.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Looks skinny in body but arms/shoulders are massive.

B

bruisebrothers

Lafai's weakness is his inability to want to pass. He is like a junior, he only wants to score the tries. If he passes more often we would score so many more tries and also make more space for himself. Oppositions know he is prone to holding the ball too long on many occasions.

2nd phase play

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lafai's weakness is his inability to want to pass. He is like a junior, he only wants to score the tries. If he passes more often we would score so many more tries and also make more space for himself. Oppositions know he is prone to holding the ball too long on many occasions.
This!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Looked fine to me last night in his limited runs. Still showed some nice footwork to put Sammy P over.

OOOOhh and next week Mr Loko will surface in either NRL or NSW Cup.... can't wait to hear the impact he has.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Looked fine to me last night in his limited runs. Still showed some nice footwork to put Sammy P over.

OOOOhh and next week Mr Loko will surface in either NRL or NSW Cup.... can't wait to hear the impact he has.
It will be nice to see Jacob in the blue and white in a competition game but after watching our backs today in NSW Cup and the guys in first grade he will have a bit of a wait.Chase Stanley was injured though, he had a bandage over top of his head and round under his jaw, don't know why.Except for Tim getting turned inside out in defence for one of the Parra tries he played okay and Josh was strong.Des does not like change but maybe Patmore may find a place in the squad for him as he can play fullback, wing or centre and did he not have time in the forwards at Parra?

abedee

Waterboy
Reaction score
i thought he actually looked slimmer if not the same as last year
probably a bit of rust from the off season

im backing him to come good sooner rather than later

lafai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lafai has all the tools to be a superstar in my opinion but he just needs to add a flick or a pass to his game other than that defensively he's good and in attack always looks dangerous with the ball in hand

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
he used to be very light footed, im not saying he played poorly he just looked heavy and didn't have that zip....he just looks like he's over done the weights and lost that burst of speed off the mark, he seemed to have to wind up to get any speed..... I only noticed when he got some good early ball and expected him to take off but he just couldn't get moving and when he did he looked too cumbersome to step anyone

and yes Mr I he did well to set Perrett up, but there was no speed involved there.....im not knocking him, just making observation

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This sounds more like a description of Josh Morris. He's been a ball hog since 2010 in my opinion.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
This sounds more like a description of Josh Morris. He's been a ball hog since 2010 in my opinion.
Shhh.. you can't say that about him.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Didn't Lafai get injured in the off season?

A

Alexander the Great

Upper body strength near the line...he cant go wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.