Harden up you niff nuffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
i just think the people that are making these threads need to stfu, htfu and accept that we got the 2 points...doesnt matter how we got it

mareeta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I agree with vai, Alot of us are sick of reading the same old this bloke ****ed up sack him threads, Its mostly people with under 500 posts that create these threads.
Please don't attack the under 500's club!

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets hope we make no errors(including forward passes), missed tackles, we concede no points, score 100 points and haz kicks all his goals (for 100 points would be 16 plus 2 penalties) so that theres no more of these threads next week.

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I agree with vai, Alot of us are sick of reading the same old this bloke ****ed up sack him threads, Its mostly people with under 500 posts that create these threads.
we all get disappointed with some of the things from some of the players from time to time, but perspective is a good thing to use

as you say, 08 - spoon, 09 - 2nd place with a month of footy to go before the finals, that's pretty good

we can discuss things without having to see bashing threads ad nauseum, it's just unfortunate it never goes that way, they always degenerate into bashing threads, unless they started off that way already

and that is what i seen alot tonight, so threads and posts were removed because i know people have had enough of the bashing threads or the grossly exaggerated 'issues/non issues'

i support the coach and his decisions, he knows best

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i just think the people that are making these threads need to stfu, htfu and accept that we got the 2 points...doesnt matter how we got it
it's very cool to discuss what we're all very passionate about, but when it's something that's been covered a number of times already in various forms/angles and/or it turns into the same old mush which people are sick of seeing here, it's lifespan is always gonna be short

i'm very determined this forum won't turn into the place it was last year

shallow sackings and personal fights everywhere

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
After the year from hell (08), The dogs are sitting 2nd on the ladder, The team wins and then this forum gets flooded with a bunch of no attack on the right, Idris is slow/This bloke cant tackle that bloke cant run threads, Wtf is wrong with you people you sook when the team gets flogged and then you sook and complain when they still win? How bout you all watch support and stop being critics you people are not super coachs your prob a bunch of 16 year olds that have never played a game of footy duds.
We are a good side but need to be tougher mentally, sure they are a young dudes but they are having their confidence being attacked by sledging and tricks, the Dogs have such a good side, the scums have tried everyting to slow them up in '09

Costaki10

Bulldogs Army
Reaction score
agree steve, you just end up getting over all those threads.

everytime we win its like we have to find something wrong with our defence/attack.

just enjoy a win for once. all these new people on here just want to make threads for the fun of it these days.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We're not playing well at the moment and that is frustrating because we are still second and that just proves how good we can be and how great a chance we have of winning this comp considering how unimpressive everyone else is.

You don't get many opportunities to win a comp and now is a good a time as any. And considering I and many others have been saying the same thing for months, and that we haven't really played well all season in more than 4 games, the question needs to be asked one month out from the finals, just when are we going to play near our potential?

Just when are we going to not concede two of the softest tries imaginable EVERY game? Just when are we NOT going to drop off for 20 minute periods EVERY game?

A premiership football team doesn't make the errors and have the flaws we do every week.

I'm not being negative but I'm being realistic. I'm ecstatic with the turnaround the club has made, especially aftrer last season. But there is no time like the present and we have a chance to win it all. There isn't any point patting ourselves on the back or getting excited when we aren't setting the world on fire just because we're second in an ordinary comp where one team is impressive. We are Canterbury fans and we are used to success and that is what this club is built around: Premierships.

If we are to win the comp, which is what we all want and we easily can, then what we keep on serving up is nowhere good enough and the mentality of the boys needs to be addressed otherwise we'll miss the boat and come up empty handed when we had a brilliant chance to win it all.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
And **** anyone who gives it to me about my essay. :p

astroboy

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hahahaha I am just curious how we the supporters got thru last year.

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And **** anyone who gives it to me about my essay. :p
hola essay, i like your essay :D

cheers benny, that is the sort of post that discusses the situation without going into another bashathon

i agree with what you said on the situation, but i think i recall tadpole saying he didn't want his troops firing on all cylinders just yet and wanted them to time their run closer to the finals

i dunno how they do that, because last night just looked like the 2nd half degenerated into defensive lapses at some moments along with silly penalties here and there and not to mention the occasional dropped ball

would that be due to a lack of focus because of complacency and if so, is that complacency there because tadpole actually is coaching them to restrain themselves in games, so they can start to peak their focus in attack and defense closer to the finals, so they have a better chance of maintaining that focus through to the grand final?

sounds like it might be beyond a football team to do that, but from another perspective, i've never played 1st grade, so what do i know? lol

hola essay, i see your essay and raise you :D

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
agree with you ben... i think we have another gear its just a matter of everyone putting in.

at this stage in the year we are going to make teh finals regardless, so working on our execution and gaining momentum running into the finals will give us confidence. winning ugly like last night gives us more to work on, hopefully it can be corrected in time.

as it stands, st george is leaps and bounds above us. they are putting teams away, something we have been failing to do.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
hola essay, i like your essay :D

cheers benny, that is the sort of post that discusses the situation without going into another bashathon

i agree with what you said on the situation, but i think i recall tadpole saying he didn't want his troops firing on all cylinders just yet and wanted them to time their run closer to the finals

i dunno how they do that, because last night just looked like the 2nd half degenerated into defensive lapses at some moments along with silly penalties here and there and not to mention the occasional dropped ball

would that be due to a lack of focus because of complacency and if so, is that complacency there because tadpole actually is coaching them to restrain themselves in games, so they can start to peak their focus in attack and defense closer to the finals, so they have a better chance of maintaining that focus through to the grand final?

sounds like it might be beyond a football team to do that, but from another perspective, i've never played 1st grade, so what do i know? lol

hola essay, i see your essay and raise you :D
Haha, thanks VAI.

On the point you raised, I think that there might have been an element of that during Origin and just after but surely now there is no time to be taking your foot off the pedal and you need to be playing every minute of every game with full commitment, concentration and effort.

If you aren't doing that 4 weeks away from the finals then there are problems. And like I keep saying, what I don't want to see is us not winning a comp we could easily win because we were our own worst enemy and because we beat ourselves and it wasn't another team beating us.

It isn't expecting too much that we compete, concentrate and are switched on for something close to a full game.

The alarm bells should be ringing for Tadpole and the boys IMO. Parra was the perfect wake up call the boys needed and against Souths and Canberra they haven't responded one bit. IMO these performances and displays have been unproffesional considering where we are, what we could be, how far out from the finals we are and the fact that we just got a nice little reminder from Parra that we need to be on our game.

Hearing Tadpole talk after the game yesterday I think he's being a little too generous with his praise and while I don't want him to panic, I hope he's aware that we have alot of things that need to be addressed immediately and that all he is doing publicly is keeping his cards close to his chest.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
ben your essays were too big to read :p

TJ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
A couple of early reads without making the tackle and that phil graham try i was watching Idris from 5 mins earlier he copped a knock when he made a break and dugan tackled him. He finally got his knee strapped and when raiders attacked down his side he couldnt follow his man and el masri came in and they passed it out to graham and he scored. I take that try away had idris been at 100%. Stagg dropped that ball which would have been one of the tries of the season and Hickey did not pass the ball forward. And what was the penalty count like?

When you arent playing your best these things can help in making it look like your playing your best by making the scoreline much wider and then making the other team demoralised. Like what the dragons had against penrith, but they are the benchmark at the moment.

We always seem to do it the hard way, but we still get it done, we arent playing our best at times but on the other hand the more grinding matches we have now the better suited to finals football we will be. I would love to see the dragons find themselves behind or in a grind during the finals series and see what they can muster.

Status
Not open for further replies.