Official Gus on Twitter

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
See how it goes. He has been raring to go on sidelines all year and even since last pre season.. i think it will be a different Sutto to last year and if we get Canberra form from him then atleast it's another NRL quality bigger body to choose. Would rather him over Poasa tbh if we have add another forward.
It's up to him to sink or swim

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bad luck for young Todd but as said he will bounce back fine, that debut just postponed by a couple of months unfortunately.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Maybe but doubt it.. He is a ballzy kid, throws his body around but is still very small and skinny. He'll need to BLOW UP very quickly to handle NRL... I would be patient with him.

I honestly think were sticking with Hutch until Oneil is ready and then wait for Woods to knock Oneil of the perch.
I think thats why we are persisting with Hutch. The club knows it would be incredibly difficult to recruit a playmaker that would turn us into contenders, however, with O'neil and Woods (and even Conti) showing so much potential, they have focused on fixing the culture and direction of the club first until these young lads are ready to make that step up. Hutch might be limited but he is a tough player who seems like he would be great in the dressing room.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Poor kid, probably got told the news he was in, in a couple weeks. Then went extra hard at training. 10 weeks seems excessive for a fractured arm. I’d say more 6 to 8.
There must be some credence in this theory, it is crazy how many juniors across all clubs (including other sports) who get injured just before they're due to debut. Im assuming its only natural that when they realize they're so close to making it, they take it to that next level in training which can result in an injury.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think thats why we are persisting with Hutch. The club knows it would be incredibly difficult to recruit a playmaker that would turn us into contenders, however, with O'neil and Woods (and even Conti) showing so much potential, they have focused on fixing the culture and direction of the club first until these young lads are ready to make that step up. Hutch might be limited but he is a tough player who seems like he would be great in the dressing room.
There is also Cassius Tia who is showing plenty of promise in jersey flegg.. played NSW cup a couple of weeks ago and didn't look out of place in his first game.

Gus doing great things with pathways.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
There is also Cassius Tia who is showing plenty of promise in jersey flegg.. played NSW cup a couple of weeks ago and didn't look out of place in his first game.

Gus doing great things with pathways.
Iv only seen him play three or four times - although at times over played imho he did a lot of very classy things, particularly kicking wise n seemed confident -

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Yep. Then you can start blooding them slowly. Good example are Thurston and Barba who both were bench players for at least 2 years before getting a position themselves. Let them get the feel of a successful team, and hopefully when the opportunity comes they take it with both hands. Have a look at the Roosters with Walker. All the talent in the world, but they still understand first grade is not always the place to improve your game and had him in reserve grade for a while to find his feet and try new things and has come back better for it.