Official Gus on Twitter

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Why arnt the referees taught that they have to stay out of the play area. Contact would not happen then.
Because it’s a split decision on how fast the game has become. I feel that the ref needs the touch judges mother than ever to the point of having them watch very very closely as they can moss forward passes if the ref or touchy can’t keep up with people like fox etc

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not so sure I agree here on this.
The old saying, too many cooks spoil the broth.
I'm OK with 1 person in the bunker.
They just need to be better.
Having 3 people in there will just slow things down whilst they debate every decision and I bet they will still make mistakes.
Jammer's concept is that the 3 are NOT in the same room, no debate which removes the delay problem previously, they just vote separately and 2 out of 3 decides.

Always a Bulldog

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Jammer's concept is that the 3 are NOT in the same room, no debate which removes the delay problem previously, they just vote separately and 2 out of 3 decides.

Always a Bulldog
The biggest problem with the bunker is we don't see the guy in the room.

If the bunker was visible at the game or atleast broadcast their decision on the big screen they wouldn't have the ability to hide.

They shouldn't be called the bunker... they shoukd be known as the 4th ref like soccer and be visible to the world.

I suggest this will likely Cut out the bias and corruption officiating.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
woods won't be in 1st grade for at least 3 years
his defence needs a lot of work, he comes flying out of tackles backwards a lot. His attack though is great he is a lot like the old school halves running the ball right in to the line and putting players through holes….. worst thing is players like that don’t have long careers due to the toll on the body, look at Foran

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
his defence needs a lot of work, he comes flying out of tackles backwards a lot. His attack though is great he is a lot like the old school halves running the ball right in to the line and putting players through holes….. worst thing is players like that don’t have long careers due to the toll on the body, look at Foran
dont forget he will come into our systems and in first grade will change that I think and play more than just risking his body. I hope we’ve found our next halfback that can be our next big thing.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Few years away. Still a very small kid, hasnt played flegg yet and will need a yr in cup.

Let's give him 3 years?
Don't think it will be next year but I would be surprised if he isnt around first grade in 2 years. He was wanted by the AFL and Rugby before re-signing with us, so I'd assume he has a few assurances in his contract.

I think a player of his talent (the top 1% of junior players) has the potential to take huge leaps from the age of 18-20. Especially when footy becomes his sole priority after school.

I hope he can make it, but he is arguably the biggest talent the clubs had come through in over a decade.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If Woods shows that he can't handle the frontline defence in the halves as he rises through the grades, then he can still become an elite fullback because he can just as easily play there and dominate with his speed, passing ability/vision and ability to make defenders miss...

Reactions: ATT

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Gus mentioned on his podcast that a kid from Tamworth would soon make his debut for the dogs. Any idea who he was referring to?

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
woods won't be in 1st grade for at least 3 years
I think it depends how much he grows over the next 18 months IMO. That and how the first grade side is travelling.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think it depends how much he grows over the next 18 months IMO. That and how the first grade side is travelling.
O'Neill will get first crack at 7 before Woods and we still have Karl to come back next year as well