Official Gus on Twitter

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What do you expect Cleary to say? Did you expect him to give credit to Gus for building the pathways that developed this amazing crop of players? The same Gus Gould that sacked him?

Say what you want about Gus but the reality is that he saved Penrith. They were a poorly run club, crippled with debt and doing fuck all with the best junior nursery in the game. He changed all that and if he wasn’t there they would NOT
be the powerhouse they are today.

That is FACT.
No use bringing facts to the argument.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If Gus said that we would win next year, people would call him bias and delusional. He doesn't say we win and the sooks say he isn't backing the club. The guy can't win.
Wallah you guys are thick. Don't publicly back a rival to a win comp before a ball is kicked, what's so difficult about that. Stop creating all these fake scenarios that don't exist.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You’re morphing real quick from respectable kennel member, to just another Nasheed/Flog-a-gun
Why? What's so wrong about not wanting our GM to publicly back his former team AND rival to win another comp before a ball is even kicked? I just don't understand how people are okay with this. I'm constantly wrongfully attacked for being negative (they're almost always realistic views that are undoubtedly proven correct as the season progresses) yet our GM is excused for making such a needless and negative comment on social media. Gus is very lucky this isn't South America.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why? What's so wrong about not wanting our GM to publicly back his former team AND rival to win another comp before a ball is even kicked? I just don't understand how people are okay with this. I'm constantly wrongfully attacked for being negative (they're almost always realistic views that are undoubtedly proven correct as the season progresses) yet our GM is excused for making such a needless and negative comment on social media. Gus is very lucky this isn't South America.
Backing his former club bahahahahahahaha
Enough said.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Penrith have always had the juniors and talent. What they lacked was the coach to get them to the next level. Penrith board saw this in 2018 after the Griffin sacking and went to the right person to bring the juniors through. They wanted to keep the best talent they've had since Brad Fittler. They identified one person who keep Nathan at the club and bring the kids through. He understood the Jarome Luai culture and he's the ring leader for his circle at Penrith. The rest follow Luai. Ivan Cleary turns a blind eye to Luai's antics. He encourages that. He knows what makes Luai tick.

I actually felt Gould would have been great and perfect for Canterbury. We have operated best with strong authortive leaders. Moore, Nelson and McIntyre in the boardrooms. Ryan, Anderson and Folkes as coaches. Even Hasler. I'm yet to see any results. I felt we went backwards in 2023.

Gould said Barrett will be here 10yrs after him. He lasted 10 days. Gould said after sacking Barrett we need an experienced coach. He signs a rookie.
1702092794696.gif

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No. You are all just Gus dick riders. He's OUR GM and OUR GM shouldn't be publicly backing another side on twitter to win the Premiership before a ball is kicked just because some random bogan asked him. It's embarrassing but then again you're all dick riders.
Did he have his Dogs or Ch 9 hat on at the time of posting it?

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sometimes I think you’re my wife who made an account on here just to troll me about shit.. especially stuff that happened weeks/months or years ago.
Does she hate you as much as that user though?

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His former team is NZ, Dragons, Easts, then Panther!
Facts, don't let them wreck you.

Also, I will say it again, was he posting as our GM or 9 media?

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
@TheSexDogs If Bennett backed Souths or Broncos to win the comp it would be front page headlines slamming his loyalties and loads of reporters at his next press conference. If Shane Flanagan backed Sharks or Manly their fans would want him dismissed instantly accusing him of being a spy for another club. If Seibold backed against Manly he would lose all support from the Penn's. Bellamy said Canberra will win he will lose his standing in the club. The Old Boys will turn on Walters if he backs Canberra or Melbourne where he's previously been at and Cobbo is back on his podcast again.

Instead our GM and highest profile person in the club goes and backs another club and Gus is hailed a hero for doing so. See the true believers actually truly believe what is happening at Penrith has nothing to do with Ivan Cleary and the Board when it was everything to do with Ivan Cleary and the Board. And Gus wants them to believe Penrith's success is his success (long been shot down) and we will play 4 grand finals in a row. We said where Penrith would be had Gus retained full power at that club they would now be into a 15yr plan and Nathan Cleary the best talent that had since Brad Fittler at another club winning comps like Jennings and Lewis done.