Official Gus on Twitter

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do know its to sign a front rower, not sure which one, but not the twin brothers.
Interesting.

I wouldn’t be touching the Saifiti brothers. I have ran into them a few times out in Newy.

Decent fellas but I don’t think either of them would handle Sydney (especially if it’s only 1 of them).

Only my opinion and I could easily be wrong. But for the money they are asking it’s a no for me

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Uele is harder to tackle, i know gus went to Newy to sign a front rower and its not the twins, im hoping its Leo, you heard this ??
Not leo unfort. Recently penned an extension with knights. He is the sort of forward we shouldve been all over but sadly another we missed the boat for

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not leo unfort. Recently penned an extension with knights. He is the sort of forward we shouldve been all over but sadly another we missed the boat for
Yeah exactly the type with all the NRL experience he brings.

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Another one with great takes bro lol. Got some fkn clueless ppl on here seriously.
Lol clueless indeed. If you blokes think the entirety of footy fans are out there having sleepless nights over the results of their teams lower grade fixtures your dead set off with the fairies.

I'd much prefer the NRL side be gun and the junior leagues be cringeworthy and that was the point of his comment.
Ultimately Phull and Cameron are going to be judged on the results of the NRL side next year and so they should be after the crap the club served up in 2023.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd much prefer the NRL side be gun and the junior leagues be cringeworthy
They are not mutually exclusive, unless you have Roosters sized sombrero having decent pathways is essential. Logically the pathways teams show the earliest signs of development, since quality players get there first before they graduate to NRL. That's why the real Bulldogs supporters pay attention to the progress and successes in NSW Cup, Jersey Flegg, Massey etc.

Always a Bulldog

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are not mutually exclusive, unless you have Roosters sized sombrero having decent pathways is essential. Logically the pathways teams show the earliest signs of development, since quality players get there first before they graduate to NRL. That's why the real Bulldogs supporters pay attention to the progress and successes in NSW Cup, Jersey Flegg, Massey etc.

Always a Bulldog
Yep but the roosters are smart enough to get them early and help keep up appearances in regards to the cap. There is a difference between developing juniors and having young players debut for your club (as I am sure you know).

I think back in 2018 when they won the comp they had 12 of their starting 17 who made their debut with the club. Guys like Latrell and Cordner were certainly not local juniors but they were smart enough to get them early.

Is there any limits on how much they can pay gun juniors in other systems to switch clubs ?

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol clueless indeed. If you blokes think the entirety of footy fans are out there having sleepless nights over the results of their teams lower grade fixtures your dead set off with the fairies.

I'd much prefer the NRL side be gun and the junior leagues be cringeworthy and that was the point of his comment.
Ultimately Phull and Cameron are going to be judged on the results of the NRL side next year and so they should be after the crap the club served up in 2023.
Go support the Roosters then?

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
And as Penrith have shown, creating a production line of talent reaps great rewards. First team to 3peat in almost 40 years. It’s mainly because of the system Gus introduced and oversaw.

Clubs have always had juniors, but the level of professionalism and attention that program has put into it, is showing on the field the last few years. The key is, even though they are still losing players as all good teams invariably do under the salary cap regime, they have the production line of kids to replace them.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And as Penrith have shown, creating a production line of talent reaps great rewards. First team to 3peat in almost 40 years. It’s mainly because of the system Gus introduced and oversaw.

Clubs have always had juniors, but the level of professionalism and attention that program has put into it, is showing on the field the last few years. The key is, even though they are still losing players as all good teams invariably do under the salary cap regime, they have the production line of kids to replace them.
People forget we made 3 grand finals in a row and won 2 in a row and lost the 3rd, I think we’ve been runners up 10 times and won 8.. when you think about it that’s 18 years of grand finals .. considering there’s been 120 or so years we’ve appeared in 15 % over all finals.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

What is wrong with u chambo? For example I wasnt phased one bit that day when knights beat us 70 zip. I remembered that Phull is setting up some pathways somewhere and that reminded me that everything is going on the right direction and everything is gonna be ok

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is wrong with u chambo? For example I wasnt phased one bit that day when knights beat us 70 zip. I remembered that Phull is setting up some pathways somewhere and that reminded me that everything is going on the right direction and everything is gonna be ok
As it stands there is one certainty in life and there is also one variable.

The variable is that Gus will get our club moving in the right direction.

The certainty is that you are a flog and will always remain one.

Doggies2015

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Saw a clip of one of our younger teams taking on a uk side. Any info on it??