Official Gus on Twitter

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
He's younger and would be cheaper than paying overs for either of the Safiti brothers, who play a good 5 to 10 minutes per game and then go missing or lose possession easily as I've seen them do so often. We've signed plenty of those types over the years, so I hope it's neither of them.
Like the Matt Cromer call. Available for 25. If knights really want to resign J Saf may be available for 24. Paying overs for Croker would still be like 500-600k which would still leave plenty of cap space compared to what a Safiyi would want. Knights may want a player swap for 24 though. Maybe Skelton? Love the bloke but we are stacked in the backs and can’t see him getting a run in our NRL side unless there are a few injuries.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So recruiting Crichton, arguably the best RL centre in the world, has been disappointing. Very interesting take.

Convincing Xerri, who was chased by a number of NRL clubs, to play for us was disappointing. Another interesting take.

Curran, another disappointing recruitment.

It would seem that your disappointment is based on media speculation about not signing random players that were most likely not even available for us to sign.

Always a Bulldog
No point discussing with that person. I just scroll past their drivel. One of many with the worst takes on here.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Like the Matt Cromer call. Available for 25. If knights really want to resign J Saf may be available for 24. Paying overs for Croker would still be like 500-600k which would still leave plenty of cap space compared to what a Safiyi would want. Knights may want a player swap for 24 though. Maybe Skelton? Love the bloke but we are stacked in the backs and can’t see him getting a run in our NRL side unless there are a few injuries.
Croker would be good. He's from Nabiac. Imo getting any players from around the mid-north coast is good, considering the club has junior pathways there.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Im not a fan but Brodie Jones?
Brodie Jones pretty honest footballer. Could make a good bench middle. He's the type of forward Panthers could make great like Sorrenson

Scoobs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Could be BS but I read a report on FB that Gus has been seen in Newcastle and that he was there to talk to one or both the Saifiti brothers. Problem was neither were there as they're both overseas on holidays so that suggests to me the story is either BS or he was there for talks with someone else.

Saifiti brothers are good bench players but they're definitely not the answer to our forward problems. Far more negatives than positives with them IMO.
Would prefer leo thompson. Pay him a bit overs to be the big dog for us. I like it

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Might be a good trade option for Topine with some on top.
Give the kid a fresh start.

JaTT

Waterboy
Reaction score
Brandy Alexander mentioned the 10 day cooling off period kicks in today. We may not hear about any signings for 2 weeks

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
A couple of forwards off contract with the Sharks.
Braden Hamlin-Uele (Prop, 115kg, 6'3, 28)
Toby Rudolf (Prop, 106kg, 6'3, 27).
Worth a nibble?
Rudolph extended I think.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus is up in Newcastle trying to sign a forward today, and the two brothers are on holidays.
He catches up with Peter Parr a bit. I think it’s pretty common for footy general managers to do that. Same thing happened before we moved Nu Brown on to sign Liam Knight.

I have heard Gus speak about it before. They talk to other departments about potential weaknesses in their squads and if a club is stacked in that area then discussions start.

Could be something down the track

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He catches up with Peter Parr a bit. I think it’s pretty common for footy general managers to do that. Same thing happened before we moved Nu Brown on to sign Liam Knight.

I have heard Gus speak about it before. They talk to other departments about potential weaknesses in their squads and if a club is stacked in that area then discussions start.

Could be something down the track
I do know its to sign a front rower, not sure which one, but not the twin brothers.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Uele is harder to tackle, i know gus went to Newy to sign a front rower and its not the twins, im hoping its Leo, you heard this ??