Official Gus on Twitter

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow!! Gus has blocked me?? I’ve always been nice and had great responses from him. I had a crack about Fittler picking Burton and ignoring Hynes setting us up to fail, guess that may have been it?? Spewing , I found him very insightful.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The off-season will have a load of signings Gus won’t dissapoint wouldn’t be letting Avo go don’t forget Thompson and flanno money. Hunt and a few fowards is the dream either way I think the pack will be in much better shape.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But Gus keeps saying that we are in good shape with the salary cap, and have plenty of money to spend.

Seems to contradict himself, and "in the best long term interests of the club" is a throwaway line, because look at some of the players we should have moved on BEFORE Averillo, and the number we have coming up off contract.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Would you say this if we got the wooden spoon.. how do you explain that we are worse than last year if that happens
you remember last year right? Baz ball
I'm not fussed where we finish. So long as we're looking for answers.
the comp is a lot closer this year than last. We won 7 games last year. Weve already won 5 this year, in what is arguably a more open competition.

El Mag-Nick

Waterboy
Reaction score
Wow!! Gus has blocked me?? I’ve always been nice and had great responses from him. I had a crack about Fittler picking Burton and ignoring Hynes setting us up to fail, guess that may have been it?? Spewing , I found him very insightful.
Yeah he blocked me today for asking this

@PhilGould15 care to explain why signing a drug cheat blow in who has never shown to be anything without roids in his system was a higher priority for the club than retaining a talented local junior in the same position, who can (and has) covered anywhere from 1-7 #disgusted

He’s got a bit of a glass jaw, doesn’t like people asking legitimate questions

PaxMaxi1980

Kennel Established
Reaction score
But Gus keeps saying that we are in good shape with the salary cap, and have plenty of money to spend.

Seems to contradict himself, and "in the best long term interests of the club" is a throwaway line, because look at some of the players we should have moved on BEFORE Averillo, and the number we have coming up off contract.
Not a contradiction. Just because we are in good shape doesn’t mean we should or could pay overs for a centre. Word is that Dolphins offend a big contract we wouldn’t match. Doing this type of thing is what keeps us in good cap shape. Is sad to see Avo go though. Solid player.