Official Gus on Twitter

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read it as Hunt plan A and Brooks plan B.

Brooks doesn't make sense as both he and Burton play on the left.
Yeah I'm hoping it's a Hunt smokescreen but I still think he'll be back in SE Qld. If he were to end up in Bondi like the Fox journos have thrown out there then I'd f@cking lose it. Don't see any point whatsoever in pursuing Brooks.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wouldn’t replace him but we are going backwards with him at the moment
I think he is doing his best with a difficult job. Juniors will come through but that is years away. Solving our current team is not so easy because we are well off the pace. Gus only bad signing in my opinion has been Sutton. Reed had a strong start but has been awful for weeks. Getting Critta, Kikau back and a few strong middles will improve us. We get Hunt and we are to 8 certainty. I’m sure Gus is trying his best but it’s a hard sell.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's Gus on about on 100% footy saying Brooks is committed...

Panel trying to quiz him..gallen comes out saying Brooks at the dogs, Gus smiles....

I don't know what to take from that...
My guess is that Brooks ends up at Raiders or Knights.

He did say Lodge won't be at Bulldogs.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
So we know Gus tells porkies but on 100% footy he said he knows where Brooks is going but it isn't the dogs and Lodge also won't be at the dogs. He said we're in the race for Hunt.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I read it as Hunt plan A and Brooks plan B.

Brooks doesn't make sense as both he and Burton play on the left.
Surely after yesterday any desire hunt may have to come here was extinguished.

And both he and Burto are or should be ballrunners, If this is our spine solution I feel it's only a very small step up.
Plus the guy would be on more than 500k If he knocked back that figure at the tIges, so I assume that we would pay at least that or a bit more?
Don't like it hope it doesnt happen .. but worried it might.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So we know Gus tells porkies but on 100% footy he said he knows where Brooks is going but it isn't the dogs and Lodge also won't be at the dogs. He said we're in the race for Hunt.
May have got lapped in said race after yesty?

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thanks DD, there’s plenty jumping the gun and turning on Gus now, TPJ was never his signing - we’re an emotional club with emotional fans, but we can’t put sh!t on People who are genuinely trying to assist the club - albeit, for good coin.

Gus is a winner - we will look back in a few years praising his work.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Gus is a winner - we will look back in a few years praising his work.
TK are tri-polar at the best of times mate.
Sack everyone, sign everyone.
You’re right - when we are consistently good again there’ll be no noise about referee corruption or how we should’ve signed Shane Flanagan. As Gus said in another Tweet: ‘What’s the point in turning to the back page of the book without letting the story unfold first’. Wise words, even for frustrated fans, which we all are.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You’re right - when we are consistently good again there’ll be no noise about referee corruption or how we should’ve signed Shane Flanagan. As Gus said in another Tweet: ‘What’s the point in turning to the back page of the book without letting the story unfold first’. Wise words, even for frustrated fans, which we all are.
Even when we come good, we will call the refs bias

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That Gus quote will turn out to be legendary… of course it’s frustrating right now, but it was only a few weeks ago we came back from 14 blot against a team full of cyborg giants and a decent spine… we should have beat the Roosters… we are a better team then some people think.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a lot of love for Brooks but certainly better than what we have at the moment and change of clubs could be the reset he needs. Reckon Gould will ask the question.
One thing for sure if we don’t upgrade our half stocks can write off 24.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Gus speak for saying this shite show isn’t my fault !!
Yeah quite possible he knew on his arrival (Tweet is from Aug-21) that some issues would take longer to sort out. Baz tried to sign anyone and everyone for near term success. Gus plays the longer game.