Gus on 7 News - 8-9 signings in coming weeks

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Club is run like a bold and the beautiful episode, six months to find out an inch of news.
He he he wonderful program that one. I was pondering today with all the latest shenanigans and such if Gould is keeping score of all the times he's called "Bulldogs supremo" in publications.

It's weird how he said in August there's no players to sign. Then turns it around to having a whole swag to announce soon as the season concludes and now just complete crickets.

Very soap opera like

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Given all the outs where the fuck are we even spending 95% of the cap?
Is there even a point in holding out for value deals while we are still in the hole when you have to spend it anyways..
For years we've let players walk. If we had Ben Hunt and he agitated we would've payed Gold Coast to take him without a trade. It can't always be the players year after year.
It's one thing to cut players who aren't living up to standards but when your only option to replace them is kids who aren't physically ready or 2nd stringers who aren't capable then it's a sideways move at best.

When are the coaching staff going to elevate the players to standard instead of throwing the baby out with the bath water?
The coaching staff are not going to at all. Gould
And the assistant put the fault solely on the players for latest campaign. Yet the best they could come up with was to tell Burton to set the record for most mid field bombs as a last tackle option.
It was a woefully coached outfit this season. The players and all the coaches need to do better next year.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
The coaching staff are not going to at all. Gould
And the assistant put the fault solely on the players for latest campaign. Yet the best they could come up with was to tell Burton to set the record for most mid field bombs as a last tackle option.
It was a woefully coached outfit this season. The players and all the coaches need to do better next year.
It's like we kill the players love for the game by making them play the most uninspiring brand of football.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Only heard 3 so far SST, Poasa & close to Saifiti & dont forget Liam Knight.
I can just see it falling apart SST could be a focal point of our middle if his body holds up. Hopefully he has the right intentions and just wants to play footy. Knight is a fine addition, if we can get Safiti I can’t fault Gus. All is revealed on the footy field let’s just hope.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Given all the outs where the fuck are we even spending 95% of the cap?
Is there even a point in holding out for value deals while we are still in the hole when you have to spend it anyways..
For years we've let players walk. If we had Ben Hunt and he agitated we would've payed Gold Coast to take him without a trade. It can't always be the players year after year.
It's one thing to cut players who aren't living up to standards but when your only option to replace them is kids who aren't physically ready or 2nd stringers who aren't capable then it's a sideways move at best.

When are the coaching staff going to elevate the players to standard instead of throwing the baby out with the bath water?
This is my point we could have given Twal a million hypothetically
@DinkumDog

Achilles

Back to Belmore
Reaction score
When is Gus finally going to announce these 8 to 9 new signings.

He said after the GF, it’s been 2 weeks now.

Could be some surprise signings that haven’t been leaked.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
He he he wonderful program that one. I was pondering today with all the latest shenanigans and such if Gould is keeping score of all the times he's called "Bulldogs supremo" in publications.

It's weird how he said in August there's no players to sign. Then turns it around to having a whole swag to announce soon as the season concludes and now just complete crickets.

Very soap opera like
It’s all in the timing, the lack of players to sign in August changes when official negotiations are allowed from 1st November.

Always a Bulldog

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
I'd wanna hope they at least focus on defence in the off season, coz we ain't gonna be rolling teams up the middle especially now with bugger all forwards and/or line breakers.

We probs win a couple more games next year, but apart from that, I fear 2024 will be much of the same.

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
When is Gus finally going to announce these 8 to 9 new signings.

He said after the GF, it’s been 2 weeks now.

Could be some surprise signings that haven’t been leaked.
The super league final is on Saturday after that he will announce Taukeiaho has signed

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly. People waiting for marquee props and halves LOL

There are none available, the signing will be cheap bargain basement type signings.
So true no marquee props out there unless we could get some to break contract. My biggest concern is from the nrl rule where we have to spend so much of our cap and that probably means over paying every where and some more silly contracts

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We're signing a bunch of reserve graders or players that are over the hill, no chance in hell the club is going announce them one by one and open themselves up to criticism. The timing of the Luai announcement will probably dictate what we do with the others.

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Exactly. People waiting for marquee props and halves LOL

There are none available, the signing will be cheap bargain basement type signings.
Can't blame everyone. Phull said weeks and weeks ago he had acquired significant signatures to announce upon the seasons conclusion.
It wasn't that he was "hoping" to have significant news to present.

He other does or doesn't?

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The super league final is on Saturday after that he will announce Taukeiaho has signed
Was there some reporting that his signing was dependent upon a medical clearance? If so i hope the medical is done here after his commitments in SL