Gus on 7 News - 8-9 signings in coming weeks

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn’t mind Tanner getting another go. But I know the kennel hates him for some reason. I am a big fan though.
come on bro, I don’t like to bad mouth a player but he was not first grade quality and I don’t think he ever will be just like that CentreQuade

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
So this from the Cowboys just then on Twitter:-

Isn’t there some Fijian forward we’re possibly signing from Cowboys? Sadrugu is it?

And for the guys out there hanging for Jordan McLean…. He ain’t listed as leaving so let’s move on
16E48250-9298-4168-AB5C-766E05F43B2B.jpeg

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
come on bro, I don’t like to bad mouth a player but he was not first grade quality and I don’t think he ever will be just like that CentreQuade
Not saying he is a gun. But on par if not better than Edwards and Sutton. Difference is tanner tucks it under his arm (which is what we lacked). While edwards barley takes Hitups.

I think if given the same amount of chances as edwards (who was almost like the 2023 Warburton haha) he would have done ok (was more what we needed that’s for sure).

For some reason Hughes and tanner had a red line through them when they were probably the only capable of running over 100m a game.

Gus did mention a 40 min cup player is a 20 min NRL player. So I think they weren’t given more chances because of fitness most likely?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
So in the video Gus says very clearly he won’t announce the news until the ‘10 day cooling off period’ finishes.

That’s a big Screw you to all of you Kennel members who argued wit me for years that the cooling off period doesn’t exist when I told you repeatedly it does as part of Aussie contract law.
@Bulldogsteve and @DinkumDog I hope you listening because you both argued this with me.

Punchbowl Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus was only joking when he mentioned the 10 day cooling off period, the NRL removed it a few years ago in negotiations with clubs/rlpa

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
So in the video Gus says very clearly he won’t announce the news until the ‘10 day cooling off period’ finishes.

That’s a big Screw you to all of you Kennel members who argued wit me for years that the cooling off period doesn’t exist when I told you repeatedly it does as part of Aussie contract law.
@Bulldogsteve and @DinkumDog I hope you listening because you both argued this with me.

"The NRL is set to introduce a new rule to give clubs a 10 day window to convince players to backflip when they sign contracts with rival clubs."

There hasn't been a 10 day cooling off period for a while, but it looks like it's coming back soon (from this November).

Gus old school so probably just a bad lie or joking.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

Haven’t been paying attention have we?
The new ‘right of negotiation’ rule is part of the new EBA which are among the things the NRL and RLPA arm wrestled over for months. It’s different from the ‘cooling off period’ rule that WAS scrapped previously. Back on the Henny you go…

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi ow am I trying to ‘rep’ him.
Only thing I represent is the hood (south Central Syd), Lebanon, the gangsta life, doggs, south’s and the language of love.
Steve squash his beef with me when it dawned on him I was righ mt m and do indeed had intel under the Bulldoggs bonnet.
Edited for your clarity Steve.

How the fuck do you rep the language of love when you don't even know what the clitoris is?
Oh and FYI, what you are thinking of is colloquially known as the wishbone, a bone formally known as a furcula in a Chicken, and most other birds too.
It is also found in some species of non-avian dinosaurs.
It is formed by the fusion of the two clavicles.
Yes, Chickens also have more than one bone!
The chicken bone?
And I don’t have a small penis im literally less than two inches from the average in that article.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We won't get May. He came out recently wanting to resign with the Roosters and we dodged a bullet from his brother Tyrone. They are probably fuming.
Were we even seriously looking into Tyrone, or was that all media beat up?

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would you try to convince Leniu to break his contract with Roosters. Had a fight with JWH earlier this year and won't get along there.

We have so much ex-panthers including ciraldo and gus, Why didn't he sign with us?
Has Leinu's contract been ratified by the NRL yet?
If not, still a chance to sign him.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Gus was only joking when he mentioned the 10 day cooling off period, the NRL removed it a few years ago in negotiations with clubs/rlpa
They are only bringing it back because it’s Australasian law and they are Confusing everyone by saying it’s not there. The thing they removed is the right of reply.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Haven’t been paying attention have we?
The new ‘right of negotiation’ rule is part of the new EBA which are among the things the NRL and RLPA arm wrestled over for months. It’s different from the ‘cooling off period’ rule that WAS scrapped previously. Back on the Henny you go…
The new EBA isn’t out yet so rockjobbb

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Edited for your clarity Steve.

How the fuck do you rep the language of love when you don't even know what the clitoris is?
Oh and FYI, what you are thinking of is colloquially known as the wishbone, a bone formally known as a furcula in a Chicken, and most other birds too.
It is also found in some species of non-avian dinosaurs.
It is formed by the fusion of the two clavicles.
Yes, Chickens also have more than one bone!
He knows what a clitoris is. He has one.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Henny messes with comprehension.
‘Season 2024’ - new CBA starts 1 November 2023.
Your lawyer ‘credentials’ are looking a tad shaky :-).
Last tim i checked it was september 20, 2023 so u still living in the future or the sweet calming juice of henny is bringing me back to a simpler time

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Last tim i checked it was september 20, 2023 so u still living in the future or the sweet calming juice of henny is bringing me back to a simpler time
What’s not clear?
For contracts being issued for season 2024, the new CBA applies even though it technically comes into effect 1 November, which is when new recruits arrive at the club. But ‘contract law’ or something. OK.