Gus on 7 News - 8-9 signings in coming weeks

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
What’s not clear?
For contracts being issued for season 2024, the new CBA applies even though it technically comes into effect 1 November, which is when new recruits arrive at the club. But ‘contract law’ or something. OK.
It’s a proposal it hasn’t even come to effect yet wow man you sound like Biden today

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
It’s a proposal it hasn’t even come to effect yet wow man you sound like Biden today
Nope, more than a month ago it was agreed in principal with official sign-off to follow. Do you think the NRL would’ve announced it if they weren’t onboard pending signature? #Reaching #HennyHorseshit :-).

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nope, more than a month ago it was agreed in principal with official sign-off to follow. Do you think the NRL would’ve announced it if they weren’t onboard pending signature? #Reaching #HennyHorseshit :-).
Your own article says it hasn’t been ratified.
Please drink some Henny and chill.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Like I said, agreed in principal pending signature, hence your argument is redundant. Are we done?
It hasn’t happened yet and those contracts are still cooling off.
Not going to listen to those haters above me. They part of the hateocracy.
They never praise Nasheed.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
It hasn’t happened yet and those contracts are still cooling off.
Not going to listen to those haters above me. They part of the hateocracy.
They never praise Nasheed.
Nope. If it ‘hasn’t happened’ then how could they be ‘cooling off’? If it was ‘contractual law’ as you claim, how was that handled between the scrapping of the cooling off period in 2018 and the new CBA for 2024? Can’t have it both ways. And there’s a difference between hate and just being wrong. Simples.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just for kicks... How we looking if we sign the rumours?

1. Taafe
2. Xerri
3. Kiraz
4. Crighton
5. JAC
6. Burton
7. Sexton
8. D.S
9. Mahoney
10. King
11. Kikau
12. Presto
13. Hutchison

14. Mann
15. Salmon
16. Twal
17. SST

18. Knight
19. Patolo
20. Sutton?
21. Hughes
22. KO
23. Skelo
24. Hayze
25. EQW
26. Wilson
27. RFM?
28. Semari?
29. Booth?
30. Papali'i ?
Burtons name stands out immediately in that team. That backline should be more than capable to go toe toe toe with any side in the comp, atleast on paper. Some due good fortune staying astray from injuries a fit king, Kiks and Preston will do a world of good for the side. Arguably Burton has to be that spark, effort was atrocious come year end felt a sense of carelessness. Hopeful Ciraldo can work on Sexton and create a stable halves combination without the constant mis matching we’ve had over the years. No excuses to be a bottom 4 side next year at all.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Gus was talking Tohu Harris up deluxe on his show saying he is his player of the year. Wonder if there is anything there. Thought he was busted when he left Melbourne but keeps going at the warriors.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Gus was talking Tohu Harris up deluxe on his show saying he is his player of the year. Wonder if there is anything there. Thought he was busted when he left Melbourne but keeps going at the warriors.
I had forgotten he even played for Storm, he just feels like a life long Warrior. I think he’s 31-32 now so I reckon he plays out his career in NZ. But Gus does work in mysterious ways.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was just talking the truth. Harris has been every bit as important as SJ this season. Nothing in this he isn’t leaving the warriors.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn’t mind Tanner getting another go. But I know the kennel hates him for some reason. I am a big fan though.
Dont take any notice of the players the "the kennel" hates. Tanner was an award winner at the EOY presentation.
With a good pre-season he, and Edwards will rise to a higher level.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Gus has been praising Harris for some time. He is not proposing an offer for him, just thinks he is the epitome of a leader.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
View attachment 83466

Moe won't be one of the 8-9 signings.
This place will absolutely melt now :tearsofjoy: he wasn’t available until 2025 anyway. Gus must be doubling down on some of the Flegg forwards being ready for first grade by 2025. Or Dessie done one of his back ended specials and they paid through the roof to retain Mo. Time to move on.

Last edited:

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Harris is what Yeo is for the Panthers. Blokes just make it easier for their other playmakers...

Hopefully one of our new utilities can somewhat play that role. Can see Hutcho potentially playing that role well.