Gus on 100% Footy

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I always confident at Riff bigger job than I thought
If this is true then my ninja lyin
I distrinctively recall Gus saying a year ago 'I wasnt always sure I would be able to fix Penrith but I have no doubt the Bulldoggs will be fixed' and now he is sayin opposite

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Burton is more fullback than 5/8 and I said that when we signed him. If we HAD to play him in the spine he should've been developed there.
I want him at FB also, but I cringe at the thought of his effort talk and positional play out the back... Can see him now being 20+ m away from opposition wingers scoring in the corner.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Clear as day he isnt a half bro. Might come good as a forward if we are lucky but as it stands - paying that huge transfer fee for him was outragus business
]
You talking about the right player? The 18 year old who we shoved into fg after half a dozen cup games? You’re dreaming

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Still gotta sell... And they aren't that much over's and probably what any club would pay for them.

Who wouldn't buy Reed for 600k? Kikau for 750k? Crighton for 750k? JAC for 500k? Burts 750k?

When all in form they're worth close to every drop but if anything probably 50k overs.
If they are the real prices it's not too bad, apart from Burton.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol both were rabbles when Gus was there and went from strength to strength once he went. Let that sink in. Again, biggest fraud in the game. Thank fuck weve got rothfield and the boys calling his bullshit out
Rabbles before he got there and set up the plans Mcflop. Businesses dont stop 5 and 10 year plans just because a bloke leaves ya clown...

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Well looks like only Taaffe can move the centre back to the centres.
I wouldn't mind
1. Taaffe
3. Crichton
4. Burton
6. Luai
Painful not having Burton aim up and earn his keep, places so many ? on future recruitment

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The same was said about Gus in 88 he is too young, no experience has to follow on from Ryan who was tough SOB and in an era when young coaches was un heard of but whatever he did worked. Some have it , precisely why he wanted Holbrook to mentor him but Holbrook didn't want that.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind
1. Taaffe
3. Crichton
4. Burton
6. Luai
Painful not having Burton aim up and earn his keep, places so many ? on future recruitment
Not a fan of Luai at all but its a moot point as he won't leave Penrith.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
JAC 550 ULEH, CLOSER TO 700 NOW.KIKAU WAS 800,AS EVIDENCED BY US UPPING ST GEORGES OFFER OF 750

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If this is true then my ninja lyin
I distrinctively recall Gus saying a year ago 'I wasnt always sure I would be able to fix Penrith but I have no doubt the Bulldoggs will be fixed' and now he is sayin opposite
Gus is a coach, administrator and a salesman he knows this has not panned out the he envisaged but hey I agree it made me feel confident also.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Gus is a coach, administrator and a salesman he knows this has not panned out the he envisaged but hey I agree it made me feel confident also.
I know but its striking that he isnt just lying, hes saying the total opposite on two fronts

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
truth is we just dont have the junior nursery

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Really? JAC/Kikau/Burton/Crighton/Mahoney and TPJ to certain degree are top shelf signings especially for a cellar dweller.
Yes, really. Fox was a bad signing, big money for wingers like him rarely work. He has been unfit and undisciplined ever since he got here and seems more worried about his brand than his football.

Kikau is a great player and arguably the best strike backrowers in the game but he isn't that out and out destructive ball runner he used to be a few years ago that's going to steamroll through defences. He's definitely one of the few Panthers I actually like however if you fail to address the middle then his signing makes no sense. He's like the icing in a good pack/team.

Burton and Crichton are the same. Two NRL proven centres that have been offered overs to play in key positions they have zero runs on the board in. Complete gambles.

Mahoney..meh. He can be better than what he has shown and I don't think being made captain or playing in our back has done him any favours. Still hugely concerned about his defence though.

Overall I just don't like the way we've gone about our NRL recruitment and the profiles Gus has targeted. Gus at this point is just signing players he likes and backs to be key to us a few years down the track and is hoping his "kids" coming through can start plugging the gaps. Like seriously Salmon? Gus straight up said he's known him since he was a kid and always wanted to sign him lol. Where are our Tamou, Maloney and Wallace type signings? These are the types of signings we need to make.