Gus on 100% Footy

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes, really. Fox was a bad signing, big money for wingers like him rarely work. He has been unfit and undisciplined ever since he got here and seems more worried about his brand than his football.

Kikau is a great player and arguably the best strike backrowers in the game but he isn't that out and out destructive ball runner he used to be a few years ago that's going to steamroll through defences. He's definitely one of the few Panthers I actually like however if you fail to address the middle then his signing makes no sense. He's like the icing in a good pack/team.

Burton and Crichton are the same. Two NRL proven centres that have been offered overs to play in key positions they have zero runs on the board in. Complete gambles.

Mahoney..meh. He can be better than what he has shown and I don't think being made captain or playing in our back has done him any favours. Still hugely concerned about his defence though.

Overall I just don't like the way we've gone about our NRL recruitment and the profiles Gus has targeted. Gus at this point is just signing players he likes and backs to be key to us a few years down the track and is hoping his "kids" coming through can start plugging the gaps. Like seriously Salmon? Gus straight up said he's known him since he was a kid and always wanted to sign him lol. Where are our Tamou, Maloney and Wallace type signings? These are the types of signings we need to make.
You forgot appointing a rookie coach.. he knows he fucked up.. he just won’t admit it

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He’s way too lazy and unfit to play fb. Imagine him trying to run side to side when we’re defending the try line lol. Also, has the kent ever thrown a cutout?
That is true. I'm just thinking in terms of ball in hand.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Me either, but not much else on the market if Burton don't pull his finger out
Burts is good, just nothing to play with atm.. CC even took away the kids kicking buddy and put him next to Kiraz to teach him how to center.

Its all a work in progress... Just need a top prop for fcuks sake!

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Performances haven’t changed depending on the team list we’ve had this year. Ciraldo has no idea what he’s doing

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You forgot appointing a rookie coach.. he knows he fucked up.. he just won’t admit it
Only reason I agree with you is because Gus chased Holbrook.

100% he would of told him the top job is his as early as round 10 next year.

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burts is good, just nothing to play with atm.. CC even took away the kids kicking buddy and put him next to Kiraz to teach him how to center.

Its all a work in progress... Just need a top prop for fcuks sake!
Vaughn come back lol

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yes, really. Fox was a bad signing, big money for wingers like him rarely work. He has been unfit and undisciplined ever since he got here and seems more worried about his brand than his football.

Kikau is a great player and arguably the best strike backrowers in the game but he isn't that out and out destructive ball runner he used to be a few years ago that's going to steamroll through defences. He's definitely one of the few Panthers I actually like however if you fail to address the middle then his signing makes no sense. He's like the icing in a good pack/team.

Burton and Crichton are the same. Two NRL proven centres that have been offered overs to play in key positions they have zero runs on the board in. Complete gambles.

Mahoney..meh. He can be better than what he has shown and I don't think being made captain or playing in our back has done him any favours. Still hugely concerned about his defence though.

Overall I just don't like the way we've gone about our NRL recruitment and the profiles Gus has targeted. Gus at this point is just signing players he likes and backs to be key to us a few years down the track and is hoping his "kids" coming through can start plugging the gaps. Like seriously Salmon? Gus straight up said he's known him since he was a kid and always wanted to sign him lol. Where are our Tamou, Maloney and Wallace type signings? These are the types of signings we need to make.
I cant disagree with what your saying but there are a few positives to point out.

I think the Fox is worth every dollar for what he brings on field and off it in regards to culture building. Had an off season but brings in plenty of rev.

Kiks hasnt really had a chance to show his worth yet, time will tell. He is also bringing in the next breed of Fijian boys and girls.

Mahoney I love... What a warrior, give the kid a support cast already.

Burts and Crighton i agree with you... They're gambles, another time will tell, both still raw, 22 and 23 year olds and dead set athletes.

Salmon is a toiler, i actually watched him close for the riff the other day, he does the dirty work.. He'll slip into the Waddell/Okunbor role.

100% we need expereince hence SST your The Tamou type signing and the others went to the Dolphins. Your Maloney/Hunt cant exit his contract. There is fcuk all out there...

2024 is a big year, no excuses, we have a full pre season with a more settled squad full of pro's coming from winning cultures and hopefully no injuries. If shit still stinks by round 7-8 then the CC/Gus train wil derail.

Im actually not stressed about the dogs, they'll come good... im actually more worried about United... They have finally built a team, if they flop then fcuk they have gone backwards.

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fcuk you talk some utter rubbish... Like the rubbish u find stuck to the bottom of your bin after its been collected. Your words and opinion are that pointless....

The last 2 teams Gould worked at were Penrith and Warriors... Good chance they might play each other deep in the finals this year. Let that sink in
you half wit.
Use a bin liner u grub

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Holbrook is even dumber for rejecting lol
We dumb for not signing Flanno, if someone openly says he’d like to coach us , and someone of his experience and knowledge of the game (and he is very good, hear it when he calls the games) then those are good ticks, missed out. Dragons will now prosper with him taking over. CC .. nah not convinced.