Gus caught meeting with Blake Taaffe

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont think Taafe will be coming to the dogs to play the role of a back up player after being in that role with the rabbits...and i think many other clubs would be after him and he could easily command 450-500k
They cant keep him and some others with wighton coming

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1.taafe
2. Kiraz
3. Critter
4. Wilson
5. Foxy
6. Burton
7. Sexton
Fair backline imo

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would love to see Dolphins steal Jayden Campbell and run with
1. Campbell
2. Isaako
3. Averillo
4. Herbie
5. Hammer (but let him roam and switch with Herbie at times)
Would be good to see a lighter backline just light it up, be refreshing to watch.
that’s a gun backline

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Taafe more consistent than avo and more involved, but not as quick or dynamic. Averillo at his best is better, but Taafe more consistent I would probs still go with Avo for the upside.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
They cant keep him and some others with wighton coming
Wighton, Murray, Cook, Trell, Walker, Arrow even AJ now all on decent coin something has to give. Although they do seem to be the new Rorters who can keep Teddy, Keary, Manu etc for years and still go and sign whoever they want like Smith and Dom Young....Guess will see.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Taafe more consistent than avo and more involved, but not as quick or dynamic. Averillo at his best is better, but Taafe more consistent I would probs still go with Avo for the upside.
Taafe is much more complete player than Avo. Averillo would have Taafe for speed but that’s about it. People look at Averillo for his runaway try’s but seem to turn a blind eye to his ordinary defence.

He cannot defend at an NRL standard. He doesn’t read the play’s coming at him. Then his technique when he gets to them is poor.

At fullback he simply isn’t in position. His communication with the rest of the defensive line isn’t there either.

Raff

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Critta is untested at fullback. Will be good to have back option for when he plays origin and also if we end up having to put him in the centre position.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Taafe is much more complete player than Avo. Averillo would have Taafe for speed but that’s about it. People look at Averillo for his runaway try’s but seem to turn a blind eye to his ordinary defence.

He cannot defend at an NRL standard. He doesn’t read the play’s coming at him. Then his technique when he gets to them is poor.

At fullback he simply isn’t in position. His communication with the rest of the defensive line isn’t there either.
I wouldn’t say Taaffe is a renowned defender either

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don’t care who we play at fullback whether it be taffe, Crichton, Kiraz, burns doesn’t worry me, as long as they can count and make sure we aren’t constantly marking up with short numbers. Teams create far too many overlaps and larger spaces on us

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Heres the transcript of their meeting:-

Ciraldo:- “Blake, how do you feel playing in a team that can’t compete for the full 80mins”?

Taafe:- “Ummmm”

Ciraldo:- “We are very high on bonding, I’ll make you Club Captain just like that”!

Taafe:- “Isn’t Mahoney & Burton your captains Cam”?

Ciraldo:- “Are they, I must have forgotten, anyway, I don’t like excuses, I like guys that give me 100% on the training field and on game day, you’ll be selected each and every week no matter what the scoreline is”

Taafe:- “Demetriou doesn’t take crap, if anyone doesn’t meet the team needs on game day with their opportunities, he does drop them”

Ciraldo:- “WTF…. He drops them? Blake… Blake… we’re a young team, with a losing mentality, with a horrible soft core that has a problem with getting momentum back when something goes against us, I would not do such a thing to a player Blake”

Taafe:- “Can I ask, why do you have a 7ft Giraffe that looks like Godzilla, but wouldn’t hurt fly playing in the backrow”?

Ciraldo:- “Like Averillo, who I feel will be a future SOO centre, Okenbur will become one of the greats like Bradley Clyde, Menzies etc… he just needs a full off season”

Taafe:- “Sorry Cam, my mum just messaged me, something has come up, thanks for the coffee”!

Ciraldo:- “Blake… drop and give me 100 sit ups & tear your pec for me”

Taafe:- “F’ucking weirdo”

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wayne has already moved him from fullback to centre.
Wayne shifted him to centre because they were struggling in that position and he felt nikorima could do a good job at fullback. It has nothing to do with hammer not being up to the fullback position. Wayne said that himself.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heres the transcript of their meeting:-

Ciraldo:- “Blake, how do you feel playing in a team that can’t compete for the full 80mins”?

Taafe:- “Ummmm”

Ciraldo:- “We are very high on bonding, I’ll make you Club Captain just like that”!

Taafe:- “Isn’t Mahoney & Burton your captains Cam”?

Ciraldo:- “Are they, I must have forgotten, anyway, I don’t like excuses, I like guys that give me 100% on the training field and on game day, you’ll be selected each and every week no matter what the scoreline is”

Taafe:- “Demetriou doesn’t take crap, if anyone doesn’t meet the team needs on game day with their opportunities, he does drop them”

Ciraldo:- “WTF…. He drops them? Blake… Blake… we’re a young team, with a losing mentality, with a horrible soft core that has a problem with getting momentum back when something goes against us, I would not do such a thing to a player Blake”

Taafe:- “Can I ask, why do you have a 7ft Giraffe that looks like Godzilla, but wouldn’t hurt fly playing in the backrow”?

Ciraldo:- “Like Averillo, who I feel will be a future SOO centre, Okenbur will become one of the greats like Bradley Clyde, Menzies etc… he just needs a full off season”

Taafe:- “Sorry Cam, my mum just messaged me, something has come up, thanks for the coffee”!

Ciraldo:- “Blake… drop and give me 100 sit ups & tear your pec for me”

Taafe:- “F’ucking weirdo”
You edited parts of the transcript. Here it is for those that missed it.

Taafe : You're really stockpiling in the backs. I like the balance here. What's doing in the forwards with this club?

Ciraldo : Rest assured little man. Here's some privileged info for your ears only. We're almost done with the prized signatures of Haas and Tino. They're the best $2.5mil can buy. An intense offseason with Willie and Shrek will take their game to another level. They'll be ready at seasons start to sit out the season like Kikau and Thompson busted like puppets.
We have a great rehab team here. We're a big club and we also underwrite our own medical insurance.

Taafe : Sounds good and different to what I'm used to. Just to recap before I put pen to paper, defence in your structures are optional?

Ciraldo : Mate we're a big club like I said before. Any leaks by our playing group are handled by our licensed in-house plumbers.
You'll have to excuse me. We need to cut this short. The weakest link is on TV now.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
People are overrating Taaffe based off one game against us. We make everyone look good. He's been an okay backup for years but has also had shocking games, especially under the high ball and in defence. If he costs nothing then we could do worse but I would have much rather stuck it out with Averillo than get Taaffe.