Gus caught meeting with Blake Taaffe

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
People are overrating Taaffe based off one game against us. We make everyone look good. He's been an okay backup for years but has also had shocking games, especially under the high ball and in defence. If he costs nothing then we could do worse but I would have much rather stuck it out with Averillo than get Taaffe.
We turned Crossland into Lockyer. We do this shit every week as you say. In saying that Taafe could be a good squad player for us. Possibly insurance for Crichton ?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We turned Crossland into Lockyer. We do this shit every week as you say. In saying that Taafe could be a good squad player for us. Possibly insurance for Crichton ?
Over the years Taaffe has been one of those players who some games looks promising and others looks shocking. And that's in a good Souths system. He'll be 25 early next season so he's been around long enough to work on those things. He's too inconsistent for my liking, but it all depends on cost if we sign him and whether he can take his game to another level.. As a cheap squad player I don't mind but I doubt he leaves Souths in a similar role unless it's to get more money and play more..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Wayne shifted him to centre because they were struggling in that position and he felt nikorima could do a good job at fullback. It has nothing to do with hammer not being up to the fullback position. Wayne said that himself.
Wayne can say what he wants but fullback is one of the most important positions in the side and there's no way your moving a fullback to centre just because of that.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wayne can say what he wants but fullback is one of the most important positions in the side and there's no way your moving a fullback to centre just because of that.
I think Wayne has lost the plot the last two months or so.. He's chopping and changing too much as a reaction to the losses. Mostly to accommodate ordinary players like Milford.. He's fucking with Katoa a lot too.. Hammer is good in the centres but he was great at fullback and should have stayed there..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think Wayne has lost the plot the last month or so.. He's chopping and changing too much as a reaction to the losses. Mostly to accommodate ordinary players like Milford.. He's fucking with Katoa a lot too.. Hammer is good in the centres but he was great at fullback and should have stayed there..
Dolphins have absolutely no squad depth so he's probably just trying too hard to find answers. Even we've got better depth lol

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Dolphins have absolutely no squad depth so he's probably just trying too hard to find answers. Even we've got better depth lol
True.. Next year though their back 5 is scary.. Game breakers everywhere

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn’t say Taaffe is a renowned defender either
He is not a renowned defender I agree. But everyone saying how great Averillo is a t fullback must only watch when we have the ball. Averillo is nowhere near NRL standard in defence. I’m not saying Taaffe is a world beater defensively but it’s not hard to be better than Averillo.

Averillo is the 14th best fullback picked this week. He only sits that high because 3 teams had the bye. I like Avo but the game is played with and without the ball. Without the ball he isn’t up to it.