Gay marriage plebiscite - Result YES to SSM

Should the law be changed to allow same-sex couples to marry?

• Yes

• No

• Not Voting

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I find it ironic the Catholic church is against marrying two blokes, but has no issues defending priests who have felt up and stuck one up the stinkhole of young altar boys.
You're mistaken. According to some on here God fucked up on the character references and accidentally hired gay priests. Guess he doesn't see all afterall.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Catholic Church fucked up by not doing sound background checks on if the priest to be was a poofta or not. Gay catholic priests have no right to be priests. Disgusting gay child molestors. Everyone likes to ignore the fact the priests are gay who comit those disgusting acts. No straight priest will touch a fkn little boy.
You might be able to help me, I have an uncle who's pretty vocal on FB about political stuff , he was posting about how bad Trump would be as the president based on his personal characteristics such as narcisism , racism, sexist displays.. I had had enough and piped up saying " you should at least give him a chance at being president before judging him" anyhow that went down like a lead balloon.. Telling me I obviously wasn't considering my daughter in this .. Anyhow long story short..
Hes now on another rant about same sex marriage and the arch Bishop's decision not to divulge paedophilia to the police should someone make a confession..
Stating how screwed up the Catholic Church is by protecting paedophiles while disallowing a loving union between two consenting adults..
I want to say something but I know Itll get narky.
What do you think about the Catholic Church in this instance..
Should they report paedophiles that confess?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
What do you think about the Catholic Church in this instance..
Should they report paedophiles that confess?
Should there be any questioning that at all ?
Fucking oath they should the only thing worse than a ped is a **** covering one up .
Also tell your uncle that trump is the president of the usa his day to day dealings have fuck all to do with us in Australia unless we go to war.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Should there be any questioning that at all ?
Fucking oath they should the only thing worse than a ped is a **** covering one up .
Also tell your uncle that trump is the president of the usa his day to day dealings have fuck all to do with us in Australia unless we go to war.
yeah I should've said that in the first place but it just annoyed me how he was being so vocal about it without getting opposing comments.

Anyhow about the Catholic confessions it's a requirement for all Catholics to confess sins and priests are unconditionally forbidden to disclose anything from these sessions so I dont see how the Catholic Church is protecting paedophiles when they're not allowed to disclose anything.. What about lawyers and their clients or to a lesser extent people and their loved ones.
If someone you loved Committed a crime and they spoke to you in confidence would you dob them in?
I just think he's trashing the Catholic Church

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
yeah I should've said that in the first place but it just annoyed me how he was being so vocal about it without getting opposing comments.

Anyhow about the Catholic confessions it's a requirement for all Catholics to confess sins and priests are unconditionally forbidden to disclose anything from these sessions so I dont see how the Catholic Church is protecting paedophiles when they're not allowed to disclose anything.. What about lawyers and their clients or to a lesser extent people and their loved ones.
If someone you loved Committed a crime and they spoke to you in confidence would you dob them in?
So islamic sharia law is wrong but catholic "sharia" law is ok?

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So islamic sharia law is wrong but catholic "sharia" law is ok?
It's about a breach of confidentiality between parties..
If confessionals are to be used to dob people in then all parties need to be informed.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It's about a breach of confidentiality between parties..
If confessionals are to be used to dob people in then all parties need to be informed.
It's religious law NOT THE LAW OF THE LAND.

Which makes me return to my previous statement, Islamic Sharia is bad but catholic "sharia" is ok?

Lawyers are protected by the LAW OF THE LAND for confidentiality between parties.

The terrorist hotline encourages exactly that, to turn in your loved ones if they are suspected of crimes. There have even been charges laid for people not reporting terrorist planning.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's religious law NOT THE LAW OF THE LAND.

Which makes me return to my previous statement, Islamic Sharia is bad but catholic "sharia" is ok?

Lawyers are protected by the LAW OF THE LAND for confidentiality between parties.

The terrorist hotline encourages exactly that, to turn in your loved ones if they are suspected of crimes. There have even been charges laid for people not reporting terrorist planning.
Regardless of what law it is. It's unethical to breach someone's trust.. Paedophiles are the scum of the earth but so are murderers and people who torture defenseless creatures.. How about tax cheats or people who commit infidelity in marriage? Where do we start and stop with dobbing people in using the confessional box?

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What's a bigger breach of morals, child rape or a breaking the confidentiality of a confession?
that's a good question but priests are forbidden unconditionally to divulge..

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Regardless of what law it is. It's unethical to breach someone's trust.. Paedophiles are the scum of the earth but so are murderers and people who torture defenseless creatures.. How about tax cheats or people who commit infidelity in marriage? Where do we start and stop with dobbing people in using the confessional box?
All of those crimes in our legal system, aside from their lawyers, you will find that anyone who had knowledge and not reported it to authorities will feel the force of the law. There's no grey area when it comes to this.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All of those crimes in our legal system, aside from their lawyers, you will find that anyone who had knowledge and not reported it to authorities will feel the force of the law. There's no grey area when it comes to this.
So are you saying as soon as someone confesses a crime in confidence you are obliged by law to dob them in unless you're a lawyer?
Then why don't they prosecute priests and outlaw confessionals? It's not a hidden practise.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So are you saying as soon as someone confesses a crime in confidence you are obliged by law to dob them in unless you're a lawyer?
Then why don't they prosecute priests and outlaw confessionals? It's not a hidden practise.
Innocent until proven guilty?

There's a matter of proving it in a court of law.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

There's one loophole that should be included which is the same loophole that you have with Lawyers and Doctors. If you believe there's a real chance that the person may commit the crime again then you have to report it.

That said, if I was a priest and someone confessed that shit to me, I'd probably drown them in the holy water.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Innocent until proven guilty?

There's a matter of proving it in a court of law.
Exactly. So it's pointless asking a priest to fess up when he's bound by religious law to stay quiet.
The priest acts as a go between God and Man.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There's one loophole that should be included which is the same loophole that you have with Lawyers and Doctors. If you believe there's a real chance that the person may commit the crime again then you have to report it.

That said, if I was a priest and someone confessed that shit to me, I'd probably drown them in the holy water.
I think it's different for priests, they are meant to be impartial, a medium of sorts, non judgemental.. I don't think you'd last too long as a priest

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think it's different for priests, they are meant to be impartial, a medium of sorts, non judgemental.. I don't think you'd last too long as a priest
Can priests motorboat boobs ? If not id be a terrible preist

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
i kinda want to see the outcry if it doesn't pass, kinda like how I wanted to see trump win

Status
Not open for further replies.