Gay marriage plebiscite - Result YES to SSM

Should the law be changed to allow same-sex couples to marry?

• Yes

• No

• Not Voting

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
zee accent but not a zee come back.

PS. get it right you vankerrr.
Be honest mate. You didn't get those arms without 'avin' a bit of a pull....

Ambidextrous too I see!

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh that reminds me... it's Tuesday.... back in 5 minutes folks. :p

this reminds me it is $2 DVD rental night tonight and tomorrow is Ekka public holiday in brisbane so it is going to be fun after the movie as well.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
this reminds me it is $2 DVD rental night tonight and tomorrow is Ekka public holiday in brisbane so it is going to be fun after the movie as well.
You really know how to throw a party north of the border! Haha

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I support gay marriage 'cause why the hell not. If a civil union had the same rights as gay marriage then there probably wouldn't be a reason for it, but right now civil unions only hold some of the same rights as marriage. One of the main problems with civil unions is that they're state rights. That means that if you have a civil union in NSW then that union isn't recognised in any other state or country.

It has an effect on next of kin as well. When a person dies if the estate is in dispute (no will) or there is a dispute over who carries out the burial rights, immediate family have more say than the partner of the deceased in a civil union whereas a marriage the partner gets most of the say.

There are many other differences and realistically it'd be easier to legalise gay marriage than to pass the many reforms a civil union requires to meet marriage standards.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
One of the biggest fears that conservatives have about gay marriage (other than "They'll give my kids gay!") is that priests will be forced to carry out gay marriage. That's not the case at all. A church is a private institute that can choose whoever it wants to marry. That's why Catholics can be so picky on who they marry. If gay marriage gets legalised they can't get married in a church unless the church allows it.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I support gay marriage 'cause why the hell not. If a civil union had the same rights as gay marriage then there probably wouldn't be a reason for it, but right now civil unions only hold some of the same rights as marriage. One of the main problems with civil unions is that they're state rights. That means that if you have a civil union in NSW then that union isn't recognised in any other state or country.

It has an effect on next of kin as well. When a person dies if the estate is in dispute (no will) or there is a dispute over who carries out the burial rights, immediate family have more say than the partner of the deceased in a civil union whereas a marriage the partner gets most of the say.

There are many other differences and realistically it'd be easier to legalise gay marriage than to pass the many reforms a civil union requires to meet marriage standards.
The government are stupid *****. They can call them "gay unions" instead of gay marriage then even Christians wouldn't care.

PS this reminds me of Simpsons episode where Homer marries anyone to anything lol

Last edited:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
One of the biggest fears that conservatives have about gay marriage (other than "They'll give my kids gay!") is that priests will be forced to carry out gay marriage. That's not the case at all. A church is a private institute that can choose whoever it wants to marry. That's why Catholics can be so picky on who they marry. If gay marriage gets legalised they can't get married in a church unless the church allows it.
Marriage celebrants can marry gay couples instead them!

I find it ironic the Catholic church is against marrying two blokes, but has no issues defending priests who have felt up and stuck one up the stinkhole of young altar boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.