Fullback Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
We missed out on sika manu, we missed out on will hopoate before he signed with parra, we missed out on daniel mortimer, we missed out on Johnothan Thurston, we missed out on keiran foran, we missed out on feleti Mateo, we missed out on Israel Folau, we missed out on hayne before he resigned with parra, we missed out on SBW before he went to the roosters. We are struggling to get a replacement for barba. I think that shows that we cannot attract players.
Lol. Pritchard, inu, graham, Ennis, Tolman, Eastwood, Hodkinson, Perret, Morris, TRex, Reni and Chase Stanley. All those players were recruited in the same time frame those players you listed were approached but you are totally right we can't attract a single player. We are struggling to find a replacement for Barba because there are none not because they don't want to come. If Hayne was released from Parra he'd be a doggy. It's hard to recruit contracted players regardless of whether they want to come or not

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
View attachment 20895
This is why we don't want Ferguson at our club. Trouble follows the bloke everywhere. I've heard from people that were there that he was trying very similar things to what he did during his SOO selection celebrations before someone there lost their patience and gave him a nap. The bloke is a ****ing fool

GRKDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
View attachment 20895
This is why we don't want Ferguson at our club. Trouble follows the bloke everywhere. I've heard from people that were there that he was trying very similar things to what he did during his SOO selection celebrations before someone there lost their patience and gave him a nap. The bloke is a ****ing fool
Heard it was a bra boy that knocked him out. Twice! Lol

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Guys believe me we have something in the pipeline.....the timing of the rlwc and personal issues of these players have made it a little difficult to close of those deals.......it will happen just be patient
just got to be patient, it will happen as Dakar said

It takes nine months to have a baby no matter how many women you assigned the job to ;D

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Guys believe me we have something in the pipeline.....the timing of the rlwc and personal issues of these players have made it a little difficult to close of those deals.......it will happen just be patient
People need to realise that there has to be a certain level of tact and secrecy around negotiations. The age of social media means that we have instant access to every rumour or tiny bit of information that in the past we weren't privy to. So as a result people have become so demanding and impatient as if they are somehow entitled to know every single thing that goes on behind the scenes.

Dakar

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
just got to be patient, it will happen as Dakar said

It takes nine months to have a baby no matter how many women you assigned the job to ;D
You just make evrything positive....I lile a positive atitude lol

Dakar

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
People need to realise that there has to be a certain level of tact and secrecy around negotiations. The age of social media means that we have instant access to every rumour or tiny bit of information that in the past we weren't privy to. So as a result people have become so demanding and impatient as if they are somehow entitled to know every single thing that goes on behind the scenes.
To be honest when I started posting on here I was willing to give information out in detail....2 reasons why I have been quite 1. Is because nothing is like it used to be. A player can agree to terms today...and tommorow he can change his mind or persuaded by another team. Contract dont mean anything anymore.. And 2. When things play out in the media negotiations become risky. For example a player is negotiating with a club in secrecy while cobtracted to his club...once rumors do surface he either needs to deny it or the club thrpw everything at that play to ensure he does not go anywhere. I.e foran

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I said before...
Just wait till after the rlwc.

Yes we have been phucked around by players and their mangers and clubs.. But we do have something in the pipeline... Just wait till after the rlwc

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Dakar, I'm trying to summarise the situation and correct me if I'm wrong due to the many pages of dribble on here that these signing/s we are waiting on are delayed due to waiting for the RLWC to finish and possibly some idiots court case to finish? Then we should hear something, that seems to be what I am gathering off of here???

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
he is contracted to the Broncos for another two years, his management is legally not able to engage in negotiations with other teams without the Broncos permission.

Dakar

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Dakar, I'm trying to summarise the situation and correct me if I'm wrong due to the many pages of dribble on here that these signing/s we are waiting on are delayed due to waiting for the RLWC to finish and possibly some idiots court case to finish? Then we should hear something, that seems to be what I am gathering off of here???
Lets say your hot and I dont neccessarily mean people finishing court case. Rlwc is def a speed hump in those negotiations.

Ndawai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure I want a guy that gets dropped twice, reminds me of the joke "What do you tell Fergo with 2 black eyes?" nothing hes been told twice...

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Hoffman if donkeys release or Locke! Think I read that Locke was given 2 weeks to make a decision though by his club.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol. Pritchard, inu, graham, Ennis, Tolman, Eastwood, Hodkinson, Perret, Morris, TRex, Reni and Chase Stanley. All those players were recruited in the same time frame those players you listed were approached but you are totally right we can't attract a single player. We are struggling to find a replacement for Barba because there are none not because they don't want to come. If Hayne was released from Parra he'd be a doggy. It's hard to recruit contracted players regardless of whether they want to come or not
You chose bad examples... Inu, frank , perrett, morris, chase and reni were really unwanted by their clubs. Haha

MrNiceGuy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
As I said before...
Just wait till after the rlwc.

Yes we have been phucked around by players and their mangers and clubs.. But we do have something in the pipeline... Just wait till after the rlwc
Are you happy as a bulldogs supporter with this 'Pipeline'?

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't help but think if the dogs had have flicked barba at the start of the year, we could've intervened in Tompkins going to warriors. He would be a great replacement, we need a playmaking fullback to compliment our weakness in the halves, Hoffman is a great runner, but he ain't a playmaker.

We dropped the ball on that one, if we have money for Hoffman and ferguson, we couldve bought Tompkins. We don't even need ferguson, do we?
There's nothing wrong with having some more weapons out wide ...

Fergo, lafai, Inu, moz and Hoffman. Our halves will get better with time. Reynolds is coming to his own and Trent is getting there. Too be honest we need more structure and that is what hokko can bring.

Although I think Fergo would be going to the chooks.

Ndawai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We start pre-season training on the 4th of November without a fullback.. geez!!

MrNiceGuy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with having some more weapons out wide ...

Fergo, lafai, Inu, moz and Hoffman. Our halves will get better with time. Reynolds is coming to his own and Trent is getting there. Too be honest we need more structure and that is what hokko can bring.

Although I think Fergo would be going to the chooks.
I agree, it's a more comfortable structure. Just need a very different attacking structure.

Status
Not open for further replies.