Fullback Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I have felt for a while that Templeman has the skills of a 5/8. So yes playing him at half in the lower grades might'nt be a bad option.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
This is true, however if Des won't drop players (like T-rex this year) than depth is only there for injuries!
Sadly this would appear to be true. Does Des have what it takes to make the tough decisions on out of form players?

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Sadly this would appear to be true. Does Des have what it takes to make the tough decisions on out of form players?
I think he does without doubt. I would suspect he protected T-rex this year being the type of player he is (fragile) and the reported personal issues he went through. For me Des failed on this as T-rex was pretty much a passenger all season bar maybe 3 games, there must always be a message within the playing group that if you continualy fail to perform you will play on fields with bindys.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Waiting on Nougtons announcement today. If its the dogs then we have a bright future ahead.

On another note, I watched the Somoa vs NZ game this morning, Hoffman looked good at fullback and also scored a try.
he is good. always said he plays with heart. he took a massive hit, so he could deliver that pass to the beast on the wing for a try.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I reckon Hasler should be keeping an eye on all the world cup sides to see if can snare a class act.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
I reckon Hasler should be keeping an eye on all the world cup sides to see if can snare a class act.
Definitely. Does anyone know anything about Charnley from England. Apparently he is hot shit and souths fans are buzzing that he is looking for a release to play nrl.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
he is good. always said he plays with heart. he took a massive hit, so he could deliver that pass to the beast on the wing for a try.
Hoffman is a really good player ,if we get him des will make him a superstar ,he runs very hard

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Definitely. Does anyone know anything about Charnley from England. Apparently he is hot shit and souths fans are buzzing that he is looking for a release to play nrl.
Souths are kidding themselves if they think they can get him as well. They already have 3 england internationals already plus inglis

[video=youtube;lh4hUK-WcSU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lh4hUK-WcSU[/video]

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
You chose bad examples... Inu, frank , perrett, morris, chase and reni were really unwanted by their clubs. Haha
So we're half the players he listed, so are half the players who aren't contracted. What's your point? They still had 14 other clubs to choose fom

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Can't help but think if the dogs had have flicked barba at the start of the year, we could've intervened in Tompkins going to warriors. He would be a great replacement, we need a playmaking fullback to compliment our weakness in the halves, Hoffman is a great runner, but he ain't a playmaker.

We dropped the ball on that one, if we have money for Hoffman and ferguson, we couldve bought Tompkins. We don't even need ferguson, do we?
Even if we dropped Barba early we could have got Dugan. He would have been awesome in our team

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
I think our main problem at the moment is securing extensions for Morris and graham. Once thses guys are back from the world cup the decisions on their futures will help display the amount of money we can splash around.
I'm actually worried about Graham being back in GB for the rlwc, around family, friends and pommy fans who will all remind him of how much he misses home. He should be a bigger priority than Morris in my opinion.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Jimmy, TG, Dakar do any of you know why Romelo was actually released? Could it possibly have been to free up room in the cap for a FB or another half?

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm actually worried about Graham being back in GB for the rlwc, around family, friends and pommy fans who will all remind him of how much he misses home. He should be a bigger priority than Morris in my opinion.
I just saw him on kasianos instagram he looked pissed as with a burger in his hand

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Yeah I would agree with that. I do think though with the million Burgess bro's in the team there would be that OZ rocks influenece too. As we know the Burgess clan love oz and there mum is now over here too.

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Oh no another doggies off season training program I see!
Get fat and get paid. Sounds like a plan. Fat man sam needs to get off the burgers and shed some weight. He needs more fitness and needs to harden up. That is kasiano's problem he eats too much fatty food. Hopefully des rips into him in pre season training.

iDoggiesFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wouldn't mind seeing Charnley in the blue and white. He's obviously very fast and looked solid for England against Australia. Btw I'm new here at the kennel but I've been reading along for about 2 months now.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We shouldnt give the donkeys a cent and play hardball with them. Hoffman does not want to be there and with the inpending arrival of milford will be full of resentment towards the donkeys. Call these pricks bluff and go after locke in the meantime. Hoff wont stay at broncos on wing and they would be the biggest hypocrites in the world if they dont release him on "compassionate" grounds. He is truly not happy there!

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wouldn't mind seeing Charnley in the blue and white. He's obviously very fast and looked solid for England against Australia. Btw I'm new here at the kennel but I've been reading along for about 2 months now.
Welcome to the kennel and enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.