Opinion Full Metal Racket // Short Fast Loud

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Also don't know how I missed this but Origin's new album is out

They have a decent cover of Brujeria's Revolucion

It has guest vocals of Jessica Pimentel from Orange is the New Black. Turns out she has her own Death Metal band

Ted Nü-Djent

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Corroded aren't bad but they're very Triple M rock. Very pop Hard-rock. Not something I listen to every day but of the pop hard-rock bands they're one of the better ones. This one sounds more like new In Flames than their older stuff.

Sounds like they've taken Sevendust and mixed in European Metalcore. Not terrible, not that interesting either. I'd have to listen more to see if I get bored of them.
Sevendust mixed with metalcore sounds like the worst thing ever.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Fucking hells yes. Pity about Skindred though. Not really a fan.
How can you not like RastaMetal!!!!

Who is gonna help them ohh take care of all of them
Who is gonna help them ohh take care of all of them
And now I realise you can't cut me down to size
and now I realise we're under attack

*bounces*

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Im a fan of maxx but if this is not a money grab then i dont know what is. Roots? Lol thats like slayer playing diabolus in its entirety. More filler than killler tbh.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Im a fan of maxx but if this is not a money grab then i dont know what is. Roots? Lol thats like slayer playing diabolus in its entirety. More filler than killler tbh.
Yeah i watched the full set this morning not much really stood out.the main dude your paying to see is a bloated pig who lost his throat, and cannot play guitar. If max was on fire a ripping it up id really consider it but ......
Its not looking good.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Also big top ? Can't see that getting huge numbers .i may be wrong roots was a big album but..... with the high traffic on international artists hitting our shores its a big ask

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah i watched the full set this morning not much really stood out.the main dude your paying to see is a bloated pig who lost his throat, and cannot play guitar. If max was on fire a ripping it up id really consider it but ......
Its not looking good.
Last saw Max playing with Killer Be Killed at Soundwave a couple of years back. He was at his peak then. Think he's just sick of Sepultura and Soulfly

Ted Nü-Djent

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Enslaved completes new album
Tuesday, July 04, 2017 5:33 PM PT[ 516 views ]

Norwegian metal act Enslaved has officially completed work on their next studio album. The band has issued the following update:

It is accomplished! We have finished the recording process of our 14th full-length and in the renowned Fascination Street Studios, Jens Bogren polished this new raw diamond with his mixing and mastering skills.

Just like for their predecessor 'In Times', we didn't look back and kept expanding our horizons. And this spring we came up with a sound chimera of experimental prog filled with elevated melodies, epic sound landscapes and harsh black metal moments - all united in a massive storm that will reach the coast this autumn.

"I'm always psyched and proud when we have finished an album recording, and this is no exception!" states Grutle. "It was a really exciting process this time, with the line-up change and everything, so although it wasn't a dramatic change, the band dynamics were suddenly different. But, it was like a little re-boot, a fresh start so to speak. The studio sessions were great, and we all feel that we have done something truly amazing. We hope you'll enjoy it. Ugh!"

Keep your eyes open, more info will be revealed about the new record on August 1st!

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Enslaved completes new album
Tuesday, July 04, 2017 5:33 PM PT[ 516 views ]

Norwegian metal act Enslaved has officially completed work on their next studio album. The band has issued the following update:

It is accomplished! We have finished the recording process of our 14th full-length and in the renowned Fascination Street Studios, Jens Bogren polished this new raw diamond with his mixing and mastering skills.

Just like for their predecessor 'In Times', we didn't look back and kept expanding our horizons. And this spring we came up with a sound chimera of experimental prog filled with elevated melodies, epic sound landscapes and harsh black metal moments - all united in a massive storm that will reach the coast this autumn.

"I'm always psyched and proud when we have finished an album recording, and this is no exception!" states Grutle. "It was a really exciting process this time, with the line-up change and everything, so although it wasn't a dramatic change, the band dynamics were suddenly different. But, it was like a little re-boot, a fresh start so to speak. The studio sessions were great, and we all feel that we have done something truly amazing. We hope you'll enjoy it. Ugh!"

Keep your eyes open, more info will be revealed about the new record on August 1st!
Thats one fucking album ill be counting down the days

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
New Arch Enemy album is coming out in a couple of months

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Any of you guys heard this before??

@south of heaven this is one of those band names you'll love.

Band: XAVLEGBMAOFFFASSSSITIMIWOAMNDUTROABCWAPWAEIIPPOHFFFX (X Acidic Vaginal Liquid Explosion Generated By Mass Amounts Of Filthy Fecal Fisting And Sadistic Septic Syphilic Sodomy Inside The Infected Maggot Infested Womb Of A Molested Nun Dying Under The Roof Of A Burning Church While A Priest Watches And Ejaculates In Immense Perverse Pleasure Over His First Fresh Fetus X)
Track: GORE

If that's not your liking how about this..

Analconda by Cumbeast

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe finally got around to listening to Hydrograd (Stonesour). As a rock album I actually reckon it's pretty good. But it's definitely a departure for their previous stuff / heavier sound (albeit not as much a departure as the new Linkin Park shit is).

Then again I'm a big SS / Corey Taylor fan and most likely seeing them in August @ Horden.

On another note.. I figure if anyone from here has it may be you..

Pyramaze ... Danish Prog Metal band, and the singer has a rather decent set of pipes on him.

Has a bit of a Karnivoolesque sound with heavier beats.... Might pick up their album

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe finally got around to listening to Hydrograd (Stonesour). As a rock album I actually reckon it's pretty good. But it's definitely a departure for their previous stuff / heavier sound (albeit not as much a departure as the new Linkin Park shit is).

Then again I'm a big SS / Corey Taylor fan and most likely seeing them in August @ Horden.

On another note.. I figure if anyone from here has it may be you..

Pyramaze ... Danish Prog Metal band, and the singer has a rather decent set of pipes on him.

Has a bit of a Karnivoolesque sound with heavier beats.... Might pick up their album

I think I'm just sick of hearing Corey Taylor's voice. He's in every second band now days.

His voice sounds weird on this album as well. It's like he's found something he can't quite sing to but he's trying and failing.

Pyramaze sounds alright but a little boring for Prog. Will five them a listen to. Pretty sure I've listened to them in the past and couldn't really click with them.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Does anyone still listen to Arch Enemy?
Yep. Oddly enough I never really got into them that much with the old singer but I've always been an Agonist fan and love them with Alissa