Four year deals offered to both Tedesco and Woods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
salary cap is going up by 1.6 million to next year
Not as simple as that. 30 players instead of 25 will be included in the cap. Cars and other things will be included. The nett result will be about 300-400K

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Teddys a no brainer - the only logical reason I can see us going for Woods is if Geaham was going leave by end of 18 , or if it was to help bring Tedesco across
Can't imagine graham being attractive to anyone in a 1 year deal

If 18 is his last year he will leave early

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We're making quite a few signings and those asking about salary cap, We're shopping around quite a few of our players who divide fans opinions.

It doesn't matter of they've just resigned or not they're being shopped around

If things go to plan I expect 2018 to have quite a SIGNIFICANT number of changes in our roster.

There's some I'm not happy with (being shopped around that is) But the club has to make decisions for the future

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Signing James Tedesco is a "must do". Our backline is pretty good as it is but Tedesco's inclusion would lift our attack to another level. I'd love to see him on board.

As far as Aaron Woods is concerned I'd say I'm off side with a huge majority of Kennelers. I think we should buy him and here's why:

With our current forward roster:
  • James Graham is 31 and isn't near the hard man he was when he came here. He's waring out
  • Greg Eastwood is 30 and not doing near enough in the minutes he plays. He's already worn out
  • Sam Kasiano is only 26 and is already over weight. As in previous seasons he will be unfit, carry injuries and be unable to play long minutes.
So although the above aren't liabilities yet they're putting in a lot less than they should be.

Woods is a current State and Australian representative and at age 26 he's still got plenty of miles left in the tread. Also in rep games he's hit up a strong friendship with David Klemmer. Right now Klem has gone backwards in club football and I think if he and Woods get together at the Dogs they will lift each other which will be great for the Bulldogs. Also its obvious that Woods wants to play with Klemmer as he tried to get Klem playing with the Tigers.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Based on the last 2 games woods has run for 314 meters with a total of 54 tackles. On Friday alone graham made 56 and has run for 398m with 98 tackles for the past fortnight.

If we need to pay another club to take graham it may be one of the dumbest things the club has ever done. Not only do you pay to strengthen another team but you lose your leader. This week should tell us if graham is past it or not. If he fires up against burgers and gets us across the line for a win then it's a dumb decision to get rid of him. If he fizzles out and the burgers get one up on him then it's a fair call.

Either way woods won't be a graham replacment. He is a poor mans tolman with hair and an offload. Unless under dasler and behind our pack with our state of the art facilities he can lift another gear (maybe klemmer can fire him up so they can be smash brothers). It seems to me to be a silly signing (especially with keeping tolman long term recently re-signing Eastwood and with other props around the team like klem and kas. We will be very very forward heavy. And there are only 2 props at the field at a time (unless dasler can reinvent the game).

Chew Rabbit

Waterboy
Reaction score
How on earth can we afford BOTH Woods and Teddy? Surely there must be a major clean out.

How much is Reynolds on? $500k..

Lichaa?$350k?

Hoppa is only costing us $150k?

That equates to $1 mill, just enough for Teddy.

What about Woods? You just cant get rid of Graham. Do you honestly think he would want to go to Newcastle? His contract is also back ended where he will get $850 next season?

The cap also isnt going up as much as people think.
I'm hearing James Graham to South's is on the cards

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
DT reporting Rorters now after Teddy and Woods. Maybe Teddy told them sign Woods and so will I...

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
DT reporting Rorters now after Teddy and Woods. Maybe Teddy told them sign Woods and so will I...
Yeh woods be keen off the bench behind jwh and napa

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wont believe any of the rumours until i hear a club announcement. personally id rather keep graham, train mbye at fullback during the next off season, and then sign cronk or foran.
Im not saying i dont want tedesco, but it seems like we will scrifice a lot to get him on board. I mean we are potentially letting graham, hoppa, reynolds, lichaa, and whoever else go in order to do so.
But maybe we sign tedesco and woods, but no half and invest our future in frawley, and put mbye at hooker.
There are so many options its really difficult to decide which option sits best with the make up of our team.
Maybe we should just follow nasheeds advice and put holland in tedescos position and klemmer in the centres.

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That's probably to replace Kane Evans.
Read it in the DT last week that Evans is heading to the Eels next year.
Let the musical chairs begin.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For that to happen the Roosters would have to buy out Klemmer's contract to keep Woods happy :grinning: We all know that Woods has a hard on to play with the klemminator.

Status
Not open for further replies.