Eric Grothe to the Dogs !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
He has a dry sense of humour, if he says its raining...you would probably look outside to see if its sunny.
Also don't know what the world cup has to do with him, other than the fact he is watching it from home....lol

Goz

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the above twitter pic is fake "photoshopped"

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If he is cheap, plays good in reggies & keeps first graders on their toes, whats the problem ??

Surprisingly Im not as against this as I thought id be.
Absolutely spot on. It seems most on this forum want every superstar to be signed by the club. Grothe jr. could be a good buy for depth and may even find some form and press for a first grade spot.He is probably going to be on peanuts anyway ,as long as the contract is in the clubs favour if he doesn't preform ,which i'm sure it will be then i think it is a good signing..

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're going backwards. Im pretty sad about next year.

Not the worst signing but I dont see how he can help us anymore than bringing some younger player up.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Going to the shire to link up with cronulla is the latest report. Apparantly done deal. Thank god for that. We already have 1 crap winger, dont need anothrr.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Going to the shire to link up with cronulla is the latest report. Apparantly done deal. Thank god for that. We already have 1 crap winger, dont need anothrr.
Phew thank god

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Eric Grothe gets serious about NRL return

Those doubting Eric Grothe's ability to return to the NRL didn't witness him in full flight on Thursday.

At a time when most footballers are enjoying their off-season break, the former NSW and Australian winger proved there is still plenty of speed left in his 33-year-old legs.

"I am as fast and strong as I've been but more mentally fresh than when I was playing," Grothe said.

"Everyone says you're a long time retired but seeing Bedsy [Danny Buderus] and Mase [Willie Mason] still running around, it gave me a kick in the bum.

Advertisement "I had a few mates in my ear and, the next minute, I'm here."

"Here" is Centennial Park where, under the watchful eye of sprint trainer Roger Fabri, Grothe joined some of rugby league's biggest names in a very early pre-season session. It's one of a series of workouts Grothe is completing with Fabri to get him into the shape required to rejoin an NRL team after retiring three years ago.

"I don't want to be a fat, slow joke of a comeback – I'm really making a point to be an asset to a team," Grothe said.

"Roger Fabri, people come to him because he's number one in the game.

"Roger has shown me how slack I've been in the time I've been off and we're fixing it. After just one session I've seen improvement and if I can improve every time I'll be right."

Fabri – whose client list includes NRL stars Sonny Bill Williams, Jarryd Hayne, Michael Jennings, Todd Carney and Mitchell Pearce – believes Grothe still has the physical attributes required to make an impact at the top level.

"His attention to detail is very good; he said it's something in the past he didn't pay much attention to because it all came naturally," Fabri said.

"Because of his age, he has to dot every i and cross every t – and he's done that.

"He's still got some nice raw speed and he's a very big and powerful bloke. We're not where we want to be yet but it's exciting. He certainly has the passion and dedication and, so far, I can't say a critical word about him."

There are four clubs in negotiations with Grothe, who is hopeful of announcing in the coming days where he will be playing. Most have little room left in their salary cap, but the former Eels and Roosters flanker is adamant he will provide good value.

"I feel I could be an asset to the team, so that's up to the clubs I'm talking to to see what my value is," he said.

"I know if they show me trust and don't insult me with a crappy contract, I'll pay them back tenfold."

Asked the difference between the Eric Grothe of today compared to that of his playing days, the Shinobi band member said: "I'm mentally fresh. I was ... a bit jaded. Now I'm actually sitting out of the game going 'I want to play', and I haven't felt like that, well, ever."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-nrl-return-20131031-2wlg8.html#ixzz2jJDbVCwF

HITM3N

THE KENNEL
Gilded
Reaction score
Bullsh1t, so many people disagreed with his refusal to make changes through the year and the side that beat beat Penrith was the side we should of finnished the year with.
We should go with Grothe he is better than Perrett and Brown.
Is he left or right winger?
I respect your decision! But **** grothe hasn't played for 2 or 3 years now! And like the bulldogs will go after him! The parramatta seals want him badly!!!

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
Grothe would be better than both brown and perrett even now. end of story.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
At this stage he could be worth the risk, at most what would we lose? Without any signings for next year we need something new even if he makes competition of spots. That article I posted earlier shows he's serious so who knows he has size and his old mans running technique (run over the top of) so even that alone would be nice to see again in our team. Its not as if he will be on top dollar.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
At this stage he could be worth the risk, at most what would we lose? Without any signings for next year we need something new even if he makes competition of spots. That article I posted earlier shows he's serious so who knows he has size and his old mans running technique (run over the top of) so even that alone would be nice to see again in our team. Its not as if he will be on top dollar.
Grothe was a serious rep player if he could have been bothered at the time. Brown will never be regardless of what he ever did. That's the difference

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Grothe was a serious rep player if he could have been bothered at the time. Brown will never be regardless of what he ever did. That's the difference
Yeah he had some strong attributes and if anything Newcastle has shown us that if some of these forgotten blokes are given an opportunity it can work. Even if its a 1 year contract with options for us what will it hurt while we are waiting for marquee players to be free after next year.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah he had some strong attributes and if anything Newcastle has shown us that if some of these forgotten blokes are given an opportunity it can work. Even if its a 1 year contract with options for us what will it hurt while we are waiting for marquee players to be free after next year.
exactly correct except rumours are he's going to the sharks. for what that's worth lol, RL rumours are everywhere and nowhere at the same time

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
lol so my post in another thread that "we would be lucky to get Grothes signature" is true too. After things that have gone down I don't believe anyone now and will wait until I see a jersey on and the siren has started the game to see who we have signed haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.