Electric vs petrol cars

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
I’m not cancelling his opinion, just disregarding it.
Same excuses as the TV channels. You should embrace his opinion in the name of diversity.

Think of it like evolution. Eventually we all leave the trees....

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Pays a $20k premium for a car. Has a $20k solar setup. Has an airb&b. Drives kids 1hr each way to school. Only knows people who replace their cars every 2 years.
lectures us peasants on how to make our dollar go further.
you’re exactly the kid of person I imagine buys EV’s.
How have I lectured anyone about making THEIR dollar go further only my own, not swapping cars every 2 years is a bad financial decision, before the interest rises you would actually make money when the repayments where so low after claiming depreciation then selling the vehicle onwards.

99% of the EV haters online have never ever owned one, that alone to me is such a weird situation. Imagine bitching about something you don't own or doesn't affect your personal daily commute? The wife could choose any car she wants to choose but after never having to stop for fuel again she'll never go back.

And personally after driving it around as the fridge or appliance it's designed to be an EV for the vast majority of Australians once they have one will be more than enough and make their life easier.

oh but the price! A model T was more than a horse originally as well, don't bitch at the newest tech being the most expensive. Prices will come down as these cars start to make their way to the used car market, every euro brand will be electric by 2030 so it's time for people to get on board with it.

I want more people on board as it will make your life easier the very things people online bitch about, more than 20% of new car sales in places in europe and even California are electric now and with that brings that amazing infrastructure. Watch those numbers double again within the next 24 months.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
How have I lectured anyone about making THEIR dollar go further only my own, not swapping cars every 2 years is a bad financial decision, before the interest rises you would actually make money when the repayments where so low after claiming depreciation then selling the vehicle onwards.

99% of the EV haters online have never ever owned one, that alone to me is such a weird situation. Imagine bitching about something you don't own or doesn't affect your personal daily commute? The wife could choose any car she wants to choose but after never having to stop for fuel again she'll never go back.

And personally after driving it around as the fridge or appliance it's designed to be an EV for the vast majority of Australians once they have one will be more than enough and make their life easier.

oh but the price! A model T was more than a horse originally as well, don't bitch at the newest tech being the most expensive. Prices will come down as these cars start to make their way to the used car market, every euro brand will be electric by 2030 so it's time for people to get on board with it.

I want more people on board as it will make your life easier the very things people online bitch about, more than 20% of new car sales in places in europe and even California are electric now and with that brings that amazing infrastructure. Watch those numbers double again within the next 24 months.
So now we have some issues. I don't drive fridges. Reminds me to much of the bad luck end of nightclub days. It never ended well when I drove a fridge then and I don't expect it to be any different now.

Thats all.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I have a Tesla too. Fuck you peasants.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last edited:

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Did anyone notice the cyclone in north qld that caused a massive power outage? All the Tesla owners stranded with nowhere to charge. More than a week without power @CrittaMagic69

All the EVs cant flee an emergency evacuation..

Petrol car just get in, toot your horn at all the Tesla owners stranded and drive away.

Still trolling.

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Did anyone notice the cyclone in north qld that caused a massive power outage? All the Tesla owners stranded with nowhere to charge. More than a week without power @CrittaMagic69

All the EVs cant flee an emergency evacuation..

Petrol car just get in, toot your horn at all the Tesla owners stranded and drive away.

Funny that petrol bowsers need electricity to work.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
There are such things as hand pumps.

During a long blackout when I was at uni working at a servo we ran the pumps off a portable Honda generator. It would take around 10 x generators half a day to recharge 1 x EV. There is a slight difference in the amount of electricity required to pump 60 litres of petrol and to recharge a 60 kWh EV battery.

Always a Bulldog

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
except that the petrol car can drive to next available fuel pump located every few hundred metres… if the EV driver has a local charge station out it could be 600km to the next station..

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
except that the petrol car can drive to next available fuel pump located every few hundred metres… if the EV driver has a local charge station out it could be 600km to the next station..
not only are you a troll, but you’re also far roight n racist!

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
not only are you a troll, but you’re also far roight n racist!
I am surprised I have not yet been called a bigot and racist for rejecting the EV.

the problem is in 5 years when the EVs are proven to be a joke these clowns on here won’t be around to answer. Like the yes referendum thread, I couldn’t find them on voting note, tumbleweeds blowing through the streets, they left the country

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I am surprised I have not yet been called a bigot and racist for rejecting the EV.

the problem is in 5 years when the EVs are proven to be a joke these clowns on here won’t be around to answer. Like the yes referendum thread, I couldn’t find them on voting note, tumbleweeds blowing through the streets, they left the country
It's awesome when they don't get their way.
They get to see how us far roight n racist feel when we get unjustifiably raughted!

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score

Still trolling. Please stop, you're ruining the thread.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
You can put it in cans in an emergency most up there probably do when cyclones are on the way, bit harder to store spare sparks
Queensland is a funny place.
They thought the solution to a problem was introducing an invasive species?

Do they still suffer with grandiose narcissism and have the smart state on their licence plates?