Doug Mulray Dead 71

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Fuck haven’t heard that name in a long long time he was always naughty to me as a kid and mum would let me listen which I thought made her cool

sideswip

Kennel Established
Reaction score
RIP Uncle... Grew up listening and Laughing alot when he was the king of Radio... shit im getting old

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Did he go off the rails like 10 years ago already? I thought he died then.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He was such a funny prick, many times i would be in the car going to work absolutely pissing myself at a set of lights and you would look over and see other people laughing and you knew they were listening to Doug, in the Eightys.

As Uncle Doug would say " I will copulator..."

RIP Mullo's

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I recall him having a bit of a tv show at some point as well. Used to do a bed time story at the end that was generally full of double entendres. But can't recall the name of the show.

RIP Mr Mulray. Thanks for the laughs.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I recall him having a bit of a tv show at some point as well. Used to do a bed time story at the end that was generally full of double entendres. But can't recall the name of the show.

RIP Mr Mulray. Thanks for the laughs.
Wasn't it called Mulray

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great memories one of the highlights of living in Sydney during the mid 80’s was listening to his unique brand of humour RIP uncle Doug.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
RIP to Uncle Doug. He was hilarious..

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Did he go off the rails like 10 years ago already? I thought he died then.
I was curious what he'd been up to as he hadn't been on radio for quite a while.

My first radio memories when i moved to Sydney were Doug (i think he was on 2WS by then), Club Veg and Martin/Molloy.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Can someone explain to me why he was funny?
I see peopel saying he’s hilarity. I don’t doubt it yo. But no one’s showing me evidence.
How’s he stack up with Carlin, Chappelle, Sascha baron Cohen and that ?

HVe I just not seen it or is this anitehr Roy and HG thing where ppl say they are hilarious but they aren’t really

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
RIP he had Denton on the show as a sidekick when it started was cool radio show.

Last edited:

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
MMM and calling Bathurst, didnt know what he was talking about but was still good, nice fella

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Still remember Packer axing Doug Mulray's "Australia's Naughtiest Home Videos" mid broadcast

Rest in peace
That's what I remember him from.

Didn't Packer pull the plug like 15 mins into the show?

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

from memory, it was meant to be an hour long program but it didn't even make the 30 minute mark... I remember Mulray enjoying the notoriety it gave him afterwards

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score

from memory, it was meant to be an hour long program but it didn't even make the 30 minute mark... I remember Mulray enjoying the notoriety it gave him afterwards
I was watching it that night - tbf - it really wasn't that funny. Meant to be Australia's naughtiest home videos so was more what people had sent in for Australias funniest home vids that they couldn't really show. And somehow having the Uncle do it was gunna make it better :tearsofjoy:

So, think the fame from being axed was worth more to the Uncle than the show. It was really a bit of a dog.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I was watching it that night - tbf - it really wasn't that funny. Meant to be Australia's naughtiest home videos so was more what people had sent in for Australias funniest home vids that they couldn't really show. And somehow having the Uncle do it was gunna make it better :tearsofjoy:

So, think the fame from being axed was worth more to the Uncle than the show. It was really a bit of a dog.
That's what I think sent KP over the edge: dogs rooting on his TV station.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

All I remember was some fat hairy bogan chucked a brown eye spreading his arse cheeks.

I was only watching for some boobs lol