Dogs win code war for ‘one of the most extraordinary young talents you can ever imagine’

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fans have been burnt by this sort of hype too many times, u should know better by now. Surprised u still lap it up
I said Gould has many strengths signing juniors one of them and has some glaring weaknesses. Only once since 1991 has a club he’s been at won an NRL title and that was Roosters 2002 a Clayton’s premiership. Penrith began to see and brought back Cleary to make the changes to take them to the level.

Any signings done outside of Top 30, Supplementary and NSW Cup shouldn’t be talked up, have articles like this one was written from a Bulldogs executive and no need for threads. It’s undue pressure for a flegg player yet alone SG ball player. Still so much growing especially mentally.

Alamoti was so talked up, Politis even went to a juniors game to watch him normally Politis only cares about the top end of town and one season after his NRL debut at 19 he was spat out by the club for Ethan Quai Ward and someone who hasn’t played since the first covid lockdown. Alamoti has been snapped up by Penrith. Cleary sees something that Gould doesn’t.

Just allow the kid to play SG ball without any pressure. So many have come through and been spat out before. Not just our club, all clubs, all major sports.

Robdog111

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Locking up ya promising young jnrs is always a plus so well done to this involved but fuck me “one of the most extrordinary young talents u could ever imagine”. Good way to put ridiculous amount of undue pressure on the kid. How often do we see this kinda talk lead to a failure of a young half. Very recently rings a bell as Gus put a similar wrap on Karl olupau as a half. Fast forward 9 months apparently hes not a half hes a lock lol
Its no wonder everyone thinks you're a fuc%w$t.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm glad he chose to remain with us and league. With more talented youngsters filtering through the grades, it's going to eventually hit a point where we'll hopefully be able to plan the bulk of our roster progression with juniors in mind. But we're only going to hold onto the talent if we can turn into a premiership threat.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fans have been burnt by this sort of hype too many times, u should know better by now. Surprised u still lap it up
You’re a dope, I think us fans are just happy to have a whole group of young talent in the lower grades to start breeding our own like we used to instead of paying overs for established stop gap players. That’s why we are lapping it up. Obviously your agenda driven purpose has come to the surface for all to see. I see straight through your posts Nashweed

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
some highlights of alex conti and mitch woods playing together for the waratahs under 16s, conti playing flyhalf and woods playing fullback. both look good!

The pass for the first try was ridiculous! Also good for us but how could ruby NSW/Australia let these 2 go. No way that would have happened 20 years ago.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
@Flanagun what did you say the other day. You would be surprised if he stays and not go to a more professional club. Fuck now we know a 16 year old knows more than you lol
The 16-year-old will wish he had the wisdom of a 42-year old when he has been chewed up and spat out by our shitty systems.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The pass for the first try was ridiculous! Also good for us but how could ruby NSW/Australia let these 2 go. No way that would have happened 20 years ago.
Rugby is sh#t, both these kids made a good choice to leave

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
This aged well... I'm sure Flanagun will be death riding Woods now and somehow spin this into a negative.
I never deathride young kids… even when I said Oloapu was not ready (and was proven to be correct) I made it clear it wasn’t his fault and the flub was to blame for throwing him in the deep end.

Enjoy your moment of victory. I guess the scorecard reads Flanagun 42 B-Train 6 by now lol

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
If we missed out on the kid, it would be “Gus is bad”, what’s Gus doing etc. we sign young talented half coming through the grades - “Gus is bad” putting too much pressure/too young etc.

Moral of the story: Gus is Bad!

Last edited:

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
brad fittlers son zach was also in that team, it was stacked with talent but most kids had nrl contracts so I believe they ay have changed the rules so that the nrl kids wont be selected anymore which is good for the growth of the game in the long run

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come on lads, pull it together, surely we can come up with a way to turn this into a negative …

Give us a fuckin break man …. we might be multiple personalities, but at the end of the day we’re really still only one brain remember …

Image1700373183.710834.jpg