News Dogs turn heat up on Taaffe

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can’t believe people on here are excited about a signing like Taafe? He’s on the same level as Perham and would struggle behind this pack. We really need to be signing a replacement for Thompson first instead of another back. Kiraz and Wilson have shown we can find decent backs just looking for an opportunity
Bro chill out premiership window is still shut tight. We’re 3-4 years away from being a top 4 side, y ire going to have to wait shit isn’t happening overnight or over a year hahahahah.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Bro chill out premiership window is still shut tight. We’re 3-4 years away from being a top 4 side, y ire going to have to wait shit isn’t happening overnight or over a year hahahahah.
Problem is which players wanna sign with us knowing that is the most likely Premiership, or even Top 4, success rate.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because I’ve been around long enough to see how all of you ‘I’ll take him’ crowd will react. Taafe really struggled last year when covering for Mitchell and he doesn’t have any outstanding attributes. Is he even an upgrade to Averillo at this point?
If he we sign him it will be Perham 2.0. If Thompson isn’t going to be re-signed a marquee prop is high priority not a backup fullback when we have Wilson & Papalii

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Because I’ve been around long enough to see how all of you ‘I’ll take him’ crowd will react. Taafe really struggled last year when covering for Mitchell and he doesn’t have any outstanding attributes. Is he even an upgrade to Averillo at this point?
If he we sign him it will be Perham 2.0. If Thompson isn’t going to be re-signed a marquee prop is high priority not a backup fullback when we have Wilson & Papalii
He’s not on par with Perham, he’s about equal to Avo or slightly better since he’s a much better kicker and ball player. They both support play well, Avo has more speed which is his core strength. Neither have tackle busting ability.

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Contradictory much ? Do you really think Gus and ciro don’t know that we need marwue props ????? they are coming, they aren’t high priority for this year or even next.

I’m not part of that crowd fyi. I’m a one man army

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Contradictory much ? Do you really think Gus and ciro don’t know that we need marwue props ????? they are coming, they aren’t high priority for this year or even next.

I’m not part of that crowd fyi. I’m a one man army
What part is contradictory? Where did I say they don’t know we need marquee props?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Maybe that’s why we’re saving the massive signings for later ?
Ppl arent taking into consideration anyone available to talk to now has been so since last november and ppl with contracts ending after 2024 season u cant approach until this november. So its not like we can just chase anyone we want yet

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Haha He’s better than Perham mate c’mon

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So for those carrying on about Blake , hope they watched that first half to show he is a quality First grader and will add strong value at the dogs. He is a smart player with enthusiasm and plenty of skill.
I’ve always been a fan since he emerged, wouldn’t be a bad signing at all.