News Dogs turn heat up on Taaffe

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I don’t understand our recruitment either. Instead of improving on players we let go like Meaney, Cogger and Montoya we end up going backwards. I don’t get it, if you’re not going to replace players with better players then keep the ones you got. Going around in circles again.
The signing of Karl and the whole circus around the halfback position highlights where our recruitment is at. Paid a transfer fee for an 18 year old 5/8 to come and play halfback. Club plays him halfback in reserve grade hoping to develop him in the role. Club then promotes him far too early and he's playing 5/8 off the bench. He then starts at 5/8. He then starts at 5/8 again but now Rajab is replacing him during games and Karl is shifting to lock. Gus now claims Karl is a lock but he's not playing anymore because he's "injured" lol.

If the club viewed Karl as a lock then why the hell did they even bother trying to develop him as a halfback? Sexton as far as I'm aware was also being shopped around during the offseason so why didn't we make a play then if he's a genuine halfback like the club claim? None of this adds up.

The way I see it is that the club can't nail key signings and we're left tying to strike gold on deals. Our current 5/8 is an NRL proven centre. Our future fullback is also an NRL proven centre....or is it now a backup in Taffee? Lol. The club then lowballs a local junior in Jake despite him putting up practically the exact same numbers as our 5/8 we're happy to pay almost 3 times as much for. We also spent the year playing a reserve grader in Hayze at fullback who now plays centre in reserve grade lol. It's all a fucking mess and the club's making it up as they go along.

Bitemarks

mmm tasty ear
Reaction score
I don’t understand our recruitment either. Instead of improving on players we let go like Meaney, Cogger and Montoya we end up going backwards. I don’t get it, if you’re not going to replace players with better players then keep the ones you got. Going around in circles again.

Have you fogotten the hate all 3 of these got from the fans. We are part of the problem, we don't support our young players.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Isn't there a back entrance to our Leagues Club or Coach's office at Belmore that these guys can get business done at? ;)

Why do we keep feeding the chooks.
I think they either want to be seen as a smokescreen for a bigger cause or the media is going all in on our situation given the pub salary debate - with the varying conspiracies going around, wouldn’t put it passed the media to have private investigators following Gus & Ciro’s every movement….

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The signing of Karl and the whole circus around the halfback position highlights where our recruitment is at. Paid a transfer fee for an 18 year old 5/8 to come and play halfback. Club plays him halfback in reserve grade hoping to develop him in the role. Club then promotes him far too early and he's playing 5/8 off the bench. He then starts at 5/8. He then starts at 5/8 again but now Rajab is replacing him during games and Karl is shifting to lock. Gus now claims Karl is a lock but he's not playing anymore because he's "injured" lol.

If the club viewed Karl as a lock then why the hell did they even bother trying to develop him as a halfback? Sexton as far as I'm aware was also being shopped around during the offseason so why didn't we make a play then if he's a genuine halfback like the club claim? None of this adds up.

The way I see it is that the club can't nail key signings and we're left tying to strike gold on deals. Our current 5/8 is an NRL proven centre. Our future fullback is also an NRL proven centre....or is it now a backup in Taffee? Lol. The club then lowballs a local junior in Jake despite him putting up practically the exact same numbers as our 5/8 we're happy to pay almost 3 times as much for. We also spent the year playing a reserve grader in Hayze at fullback who now plays centre in reserve grade lol. It's all a fucking mess and the club's making it up as they go along.
But according to our fans we are not going backwards under ghoul

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bigger picture we have too many outside backs contracted for next year. The likes of Averillo and Alomoti not contracted cannot be kept.

To say Averillo is our best player is stretch. Every flashy try he plays a part in is canceled out by being poor defensively and letting one in. Good in attack but poor in defence.

Taaffe isn’t as quick as Averillo but his positional play and defence is better. The interest in him is baffling though. I think he will be offered similar to what Averillo knocked back which I understand was about $300k. We need Middle Forwards and more middle forwards. Not outside backs.
Avo being called our best player is more than a stretch fkn lol

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bigger picture we have too many outside backs contracted for next year. The likes of Averillo and Alomoti not contracted cannot be kept.

To say Averillo is our best player is stretch. Every flashy try he plays a part in is canceled out by being poor defensively and letting one in. Good in attack but poor in defence.

Taaffe isn’t as quick as Averillo but his positional play and defence is better. The interest in him is baffling though. I think he will be offered similar to what Averillo knocked back which I understand was about $300k. We need Middle Forwards and more middle forwards. Not outside backs.
The concern is that Cirdildo couldn't see Averillo is a better fullback than his pet and as a result he's moving on to a work under a real coach Bennett.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The concern is that Cirdildo couldn't see Averillo is a better fullback than his pet and as a result he's moving on to a work under a real coach Bennett.
Avo is not a consistent FB option. He won’t play FB at the dolphins. I think he is better than Perham but would still be the worst FB in the comp

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Avo is not a consistent FB option. He won’t play FB at the dolphins. I think he is better than Perham but would still be the worst FB in the comp
I am still filthy we had to see the pet project when we could have been entertained a bit more this season with some x-factor at the back.

Averillo must of had the shits, he did enough to start as FB this year over Perham. It was simply a coaching disaster class from Ciraldo.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not even close

Alamoti was way more dominant coming through and he is still 2 years off
I know I'm not the best judge of tallent, but I believe that Alamoti is like many players who dominated playing in the age groups, and don't make it at the top level,
To slow and not explosive enough hope to be proved wrong.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I am still filthy we had to see the pet project when we could have been entertained a bit more this season with some x-factor at the back.

Averillo must of had the shits, he did enough to start as FB this year over Perham. It was simply a coaching disaster class from Ciraldo.
Im not sure that Avo at FB changes our season at all. Avo will always score points, he is quick and evasive. Defence and our middles have been our issue. Avo makes no difference IMO

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well put mate, our club must be trying to hard to find/sign stars, the current stars won't come, as for the future stars, no one really knows for sure who they are, and out recruitment people are the worst at identifying them.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im not sure that Avo at FB changes our season at all. Avo will always score points, he is quick and evasive. Defence and our middles have been our issue. Avo makes no difference IMO
When your 1 of the best in a VERY poor team, you will be great in a good team and system. watch Avo at the fins.