Official Dogs sign Reed Mahoney (4 year deal)

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we need him more than any other player we've needed or signed in 15 years

cant wait
Yep our halves get bagged out alot and of course that is justified. But I guarantee alot of other halves would struggle with the service they get. Its really evident on the opposition line when the defence is on them about half a second after they get the ball.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yep our halves get bagged out alot and of course that is justified. But I guarantee alot of other halves would struggle with the service they get. Its really evident on the opposition line when the defence is on them about half a second after they get the ball.
That also is because we have slow play the balls and the defence is set.
I’ll be watching closely the service from jmk tonight especially after how good reed was.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are absolutely right...
I's not his fault that we picked him up as reserve grade half from the TigPies and then wanted to turn him into a hooker :(
Sadly this can't continue !!!
Yes D for some unknown reason since Destroyer we seem to think that all positions are interchangeable. Who knows how many players we have had that didn't really play in their correct positions,the ones they grew up playing, sure sometimes it is necessary but hell think about Morris, I could name 10 off the bat but can't be bothered, even she rex at 5/8, and it is still happening now Avacado at half just doesn't work for me.........sorry about the rant just be still on legal pain killer drugs.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
True Howie but I can't help but notice how our team for a long time now stand so flat in attack and end up being so flat footed when receiving the ball.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
True Howie but I can't help but notice how our team for a long time now stand so flat in attack and end up being so flat footed when receiving the ball.
Yep agree on that for sure. No depth in our play whatsoever

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes D for some unknown reason since Destroyer we seem to think that all positions are interchangeable. Who knows how many players we have had that didn't really play in their correct positions,the ones they grew up playing, sure sometimes it is necessary but hell think about Morris, I could name 10 off the bat but can't be bothered, even she rex at 5/8, and it is still happening now Avacado at half just doesn't work for me.........sorry about the rant just be still on legal pain killer drugs.
Every time I hear Destroyer's name my blood boils...
I had nothing but admiration for him until he single-handed almost Destroyed our club :rage:

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
any relation to the Makatoa we've got?
No but he is SBW cousin...

The Bulldogs have signed the cousin of the great Sonny Bill Williams, Phillip Makatoa, on a train and trial contract.

Makatoa - a giant prop who can poke his way through the defensive line - has been given a six-week contract.

The 22-year-old has been on the fringe of NRL selection for several seasons.

Makatoa began his career with the Warriors and has spent time with both the Roosters and Manly.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No but he is SBW cousin...

The Bulldogs have signed the cousin of the great Sonny Bill Williams, Phillip Makatoa, on a train and trial contract.

Makatoa - a giant prop who can poke his way through the defensive line - has been given a six-week contract.

The 22-year-old has been on the fringe of NRL selection for several seasons.

Makatoa began his career with the Warriors and has spent time with both the Roosters and Manly.
Is reed mahoney SBWs cousin? Or Mundines cousin?