Official Dogs sign Reed Mahoney (4 year deal)

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The idiots low balled him. Then to make an awful situation for them even worse, they end up paying more to sign Hodgson to replace him lol

Stuff up of epic proportions
Parra had alot of players off contract and because of their current premiership "window" they tried to keep them all by offering low offers.

They were better off reverse-auctioning by calling in the player managers and saying we want to keep 75% of the players, we are offering this amount as a limit, go work on your players and come back to us with a handshake.

Let the bloody managers work for their money.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They're both among the best long term players at their positions. After years of below average halves and hookers, we'll finally have two of the best players in the comp. And the scary thing is as good as they are now, they're not close to the finished product.
Until they play a game in our colours, ill reserve my judgement.
Good players no doubt, but how good theyll be in our colours is yet to be seen.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Or just "I've worked really hard and think I can have a big season this year" would have sufficed.
The bloke is thinking long term attracting attention in the hope some club will sign him.

Last edited:

TAS

All In
Reaction score
Parra had alot of players off contract and because of their current premiership "window" they tried to keep them all by offering low offers.

They were better off reverse-auctioning by calling in the player managers and saying we want to keep 75% of the players, we are offering this amount as a limit, go work on your players and come back to us with a handshake.

Let the bloody managers work for their money.
Who cares what the eels should have done. Fact is they fucked up with Mahoney and their loss is our massive gain

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The bloke is thinking long term attracting attention in the hope someone club will sign him.
True but you still have to prove it on the field for them to sign you. Lewis and Lichaa talked themselves up more than anyone and neither are in the NRL or ESL.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watching the trials yesterday it was clear as day how good Mahoney's service is. I've never really paid close attention to him, just noticed that he's quite influential. Yesterday, I watched him closely and was very impressed and excited. His passing is superb from dummy half. The aim and speed of his passes is second to none. All the other hookers that played yesterday pailed in comparison. McGuire for Dragons being the antithesis of Reed lol. His passes were horrendous, but he's not their main no.9.

With the likes of JAC, Burton, Kikau, TPJ, Mahoney, Dufty and Alamoti in the team, we're going to have strike right across the park. Ooh yeah.

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Watching the trials yesterday it was clear as day how good Mahoney's service is. I've never really paid close attention to him, just noticed that he's quite influential. Yesterday, I watched him closely and was very impressed and excited. His passing is superb from dummy half. The aim and speed of his passes is second to none. All the other hookers that played yesterday pailed in comparison. McGuire for Dragons being the antithesis of Reed lol. His passes were horrendous, but he's not their main no.9.

With the likes of JAC, Burton, Kikau, TPJ, Mahoney, Dufty and Alamoti in the team, we're going to have strike right across the park. Ooh yeah.
Yep agree. I watched him more closely as well and his speed and accuracy of his dummy half service is great. It really gets Parra on the front foot of the yardage game and they never seem to get held in their own end for too long. Add in Moses" long kicking game at the end of their sets and they never battle to get out of their own end

Compare to JMK's dummy half service and it is chalk and cheese. Maybe we should be looking closer at Cook to see if he can improve that part of our game this year and add in Burton's long kicking game and we might start to get better field position more often

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also think Mahoney's support play is very good... against Penrith yesterday he set up the first try after getting to the winger's kick, scored one himself from a Moses kick, was there in support for more than one of the Eels line breaks etc.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dufty not signed for 2023....would love Reece Walsh as our longterm fullback...he will be a future superstar and would rather him than Dufty longterm...i think his contract is up at the end of 2023

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There really is no need to bag a guy out who is trying to better himself. Good on him for trying to improve and aim for something bigger
You are absolutely right...
I's not his fault that we picked him up as reserve grade half from the TigPies and then wanted to turn him into a hooker :(
Sadly this can't continue !!!

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm so glad we signed Mahoney over B Smith. Cheaper and a better all round hooker.
absolutely... I also like how committed Mahoney looked for the Eels in a trial game despite signing with us for next season as compared to Smith who goes onto a podcast stating how much he wants to win a premiership with the Roosters despite having a year left with the Storm

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dufty not signed for 2023....would love Reece Walsh as our longterm fullback...he will be a future superstar and would rather him than Dufty longterm...i think his contract is up at the end of 2023
Can't disagree but he is Qld bound I think mate, to one of the Brisbane teams Pilchards may be no 1 seed.