Disgruntled Bulldog Threatening Legal Action

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This club thrives on drama, it always bounces back from this stuff bigger and better….. we’ve been through far worse than a disgruntled player due to training conditions and expectations that are a general “norm” in the sporting landscape
Yeah this shit is a storm in a tea cup but we’ve finally gotten to the root cause of the club’s issues, there will be some huffing and puffing but the players that need to go will go.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
As if this forum is responsible for how the player is feeling. The media have unearthed this shit and sensationalised for a story welcome to the real world.
Yeah but the media are always "unearthing this shit" on our club. We don't have to add to the rubbish especially when next time we might not have a young victim of their sensationalised story. Gunna happen again yeah sure but we dont have to go along with it like a pack of jackals.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And for 5 weeks plus
there would be clubs out there doing extras and players on their teams doing that shit to earn respect from the team and to play better. Punishments in successful clubs are dealt out to enforce standards. Our fkn rabble stand down and complain then leak shit to the media. This shit was not created by the media, the narrative that its somehow some big fkn issue of a player being treated poorly is the media spin.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
So it's Topine..
He has a contract for 2024 but he wouldn't be on much?.
Anyway, the club just has to handle him like any injured player unfit to play.
Worst case is he doesn't play at all next season and we have to keep paying him.
The club may get salary cap relief.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It would be all year. The problem didnt start or stop with that one guy did it?
no one is saying that the whole year is because of him. A player standing down because of being punished physically at training for not meeting standards is unheard of.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
no one is saying that the whole year is because of him. A player standing down because of being punished physically at training for not meeting standards is unheard of.
I didn't say that Dawg. Pretty much the whole team has been accused by CC of not putting in and we saw that in the defensive resullts...this is just a small part of the problem overall.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
So it's Topine..
Worst case is he doesn't play at all next season and we have to keep paying him.
Did Broncs get it for Darius and Souths Ingliss and Roosters Crighton? etc and all the rest in the NRL?

Reactions: ATT

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not the issue tho. Very few are affording the club the respect it deserves and the way they have indicated they want to handle it. Gus and CC have this matter in hand yet fans carrying on in a lot of cases far worse than the sleazy journos who are sensationalising every aspect of this.
You don't really need to be a genius to work out that this story has legs and that the playing group is mighty pissed off. Gus and CC have it in hand? Come on. The teams performance literally fell of a cliff after the alleged player shaming took place and has never recovered. Nobody wants media smear at their club but wishing this away won't make it any easier.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So it's Topine..
Where has this been announced?
Also you're all heart hey. What about his welfare?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
You don't really need to be a genius to work out that this story has legs and that the playing group is mighty pissed off. Gus and CC have it in hand? Come on. The teams performance literally fell of a cliff after the alleged player shaming took place and has never recovered. Nobody wants media smear at their club but wishing this away won't make it any easier.
Not wishing it away. Just saying let Gus and CC handle it. That's just what the club want and we saw it in the players pressers today.

I think its the best thing thats happened in a long time. The problem can be dealt with and it has strengthed the existing Boards future plans immensely. Members will want a sure and steady hand to follow up and fix this.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Where has this been announced?
Also you're all heart hey. What about his welfare?
I don't know enough about his mental health situation.
But the club will have to manage him like any injured player.
I don't know if the club as any financial responsibility to players beyond the end date of their contract. Do you?
I assume that's were the speculated lawsuit may come into play.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I didn't say that Dawg. Pretty much the whole team has been accused by CC of not putting in and we saw that in the defensive resullts...this is just a small part of the problem overall.
I agree. There is not trust, commitment and connection in the group. I think there are too many players in the team who are not committed NRL standard players. IMO, this shows that CC is not the problem

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Did Broncs get it for Darius and Souths Ingliss and Roosters Crighton? etc and all the rest in the NRL?
I don't know.
But sometimes there is salary cap relief for long term injured players.
I thought so anyway.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mahoney in the press conference "he is a mate before he is a coach"

oh no! Ciraldo needs to do a complete 180 in the off season!!!