Disgruntled Bulldog Threatening Legal Action

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
100% People just slagging off mental health problems as if they don't exist. FFS. I though we were past this victim blaming ableist shit. Clearly not.
Biggest problem with social media is the average person on the street thinks they are experts on everything and suddenly have a platform for showcasing their "expertise".

It's why I had fun taking the piss out of this place for so long.

Making assumptions about anyone's mental health is dangerous territory.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mental health matters, guys.

I'd lay off slamming the player unless I knew the full details of his mind-state both before and after the incident.

Not gonna slam the club either, because I know punishments like this are pretty commonplace and I don't know if the club was aware of any mental health issues prior to the punishment. You'd hope not.

But geez some of these comments are savage. I wouldn't want to badmouth a person and call them weak and then for them to go on and do something to harm themselves. If there is a genuine mental health issue being dealt with, I hope the player has all the support he needs.... and I definitely hope he doesn't read the kennel.
You know what Flopagun, for change I agree with you even thought I got dragged into this ugly drama purely out of frustration by the bad reporting from the Daily Tellacrap, I agree as supporters we should show more responsibility !

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You know what Flopagun, for change I agree with you even thought I got dragged into this ugly drama purely out of frustration by the bad reporting from the Daily Tellacrap, I agree as supporters we should show more responsibility !
Yep.... people need to imagine they had a loved one who was in the public eye and suffering from legit mental health issues... and that they had a plethora of keyboard doctors casting judgment on their character.

Last edited:

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watched the Florida gators doco on Netflix, they had a wrestling camp at the start and Fark it looked immense, but all players got involved and knew why they were doing it, they said it was the worst but thrives on it.
happy to back cc in here. Hope his plans works out.
broncs seem to be working after 2 bad years, they were wingers at the start. Newcastle the same. Seems to be working.
Yeah there’s some things that align with NRL & other pro sports training to that of military, where they put them through things that on the surface are demeaning and cruel, but are intended to form mental strength and bonds etc. I don’t care for it but understand the theory of it. All I would say is don’t sign up for professional spirt if you’re not up for this sort of thing.

The most informative stuff that has come from this circus, is that some of the players were surprised by this type of training and discipline, which goes to show how previous coaches may have missed the mark.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep even more confirmation. Thank you.
[/QUOTE
Yep even more confirmation. Thank you.
Yep continue to drink the cool aid as much as you are questioning people’s reaction you are also denying them the right to express their opinion in a non abusive, logical and forthright manner and shutting down freedom of speech. Abuse and targeted vilification is a completely different scenario and should not be tolerated under any circumstances.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We are more of a circus than the Wests Tigers who haven't played finals footy in a decade and have back to back spoons... LET THAT SINK IN!
I thought benji may turn them around, maybe in the next year or so, but not looking that way yet.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Exactly. DT so concerned with the players mental health and how they were treated that they decide to report on it for consecutive days and try to make it into a massive issue. Yeah that's definitely going to help the guy. His career was already damaged by his actions, but now it's well and truly fucked thanks to DT
Completely lacking any morality. Hypocritical prices the lot of them!!

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
100% People just slagging off mental health problems as if they don't exist. FFS. I though we were past this victim blaming ableist shit. Clearly not.
I’m sure some people are doing just that, but I think most are actually talking about the specific incident that supposedly happened and the assumption that said player has brought it to media attention. They should refrain from that sort of commentary though, until we know the facts.

I don‘t think the player is weak or whatever. As I said elsewhere I feel sorry for them actually because I have suffered enough to know exactly how mental distress can affect someone. That being said I’m also pragmatic in that this guy (if everything happened as reported) may have discovered professional footy is not for him. Hell, it may only be a temporary illness (let’s hope so) which was exacerbated by this “ordeal” they went through. I posted in commas because one thing depression can do to make one’s life miserable, is make you catastrophise. So small things get made into catastrophes in the mind. I have no idea if that has happened here, but what I do know is the mind is a powerful thing, both for good (high achieving) and bad (depression, ptsd etc) and from my own experience I know how deceptive your own mind can be. It can make you think and believe all kinds of things. But fear not, the people that matter (club staff) will be giving the player the support he needs.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You've completely missed the point. None of us know the intricate details of how the player is feeling. My point is that those that call others who are apparently dealing with those issues as soft ***** are, in fact, soft ***** themselves.
As if this forum is responsible for how the player is feeling. The media have unearthed this shit and sensationalised for a story welcome to the real world.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The bulldogs know who the MOLE IS 100%
obviously, they know which player it was that was late and got punished and the DT got the information from that player.
An anonymous player doesn't make sense when it can only be that player it happened to.

Also, when DT is saying OTHER PLAYERS COMING OUT CONFIRMING WHAT HAPPENED want to remain anonymous, COULD BE ALL B.S just destabilise the club even more into thinking there is a MOLE

You either don't report a story with no names attached, or you back yourself with THE EVIDENCE.

ANY REPORTER CAN IN THEORY MAKE UP A STORY ABOUT A CLUB and say it from a player that wants yo remain anonymous.
We dont even know if the "threatening legal action" is correct.
Stop believing these gossip hounds who are trying to tear the club apart.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
What if he’s got genuine mentall issues and trying to reach out. A plea if you will
Everyone’s quick with their tears and sorrow, when someone suicides eg Paul green all the mental awareness, but now when it may well be a kid with mental issues, more so one of our own we just immediately call him a weak **** ?”

This needs a re approached, I’m actually at stunned at some of the regulars on here
Hear hear.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Biggest problem with social media is the average person on the street thinks they are experts on everything and suddenly have a platform for showcasing their "expertise".

It's why I had fun taking the piss out of this place for so long.

Making assumptions about anyone's mental health is dangerous territory.
...and the fact that someone would use the laugh emoji on your post says it all.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What if he’s got genuine mentall issues and trying to reach out. A plea if you will
Everyone’s quick with their tears and sorrow, when someone suicides eg Paul green all the mental awareness, but now when it may well be a kid with mental issues, more so one of our own we just immediately call him a weak **** ?”

This needs a re approached, I’m actually at stunned at some of the regulars on here
So true. The majority couldn't give a shit about anyone but themselves.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
So true. The majority couldn't give a shit about anyone but themselves.
I am astonished that so many Bulldogs fans are just so prepared to jump in and believe DT, Fox, Crawlie, Buzzard etc as gospel truth tellers against the club.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m sure some people are doing just that, but I think most are actually talking about the specific incident that supposedly happened and the assumption that said player has brought it to media attention. They should refrain from that sort of commentary though, until we know the facts.

I don‘t think the player is weak or whatever. As I said elsewhere I feel sorry for them actually because I have suffered enough to know exactly how mental distress can affect someone. That being said I’m also pragmatic in that this guy (if everything happened as reported) may have discovered professional footy is not for him. Hell, it may only be a temporary illness (let’s hope so) which was exacerbated by this “ordeal” they went through. I posted in commas because one thing depression can do to make one’s life miserable, is make you catastrophise. So small things get made into catastrophes in the mind. I have no idea if that has happened here, but what I do know is the mind is a powerful thing, both for good (high achieving) and bad (depression, ptsd etc) and from my own experience I know how deceptive your own mind can be. It can make you think and believe all kinds of things. But fear not, the people that matter (club staff) will be giving the player the support he needs.
So your post is basically victim blaming. You try and tread lightly but you're still victim blaming. People can't help themselves because years of mental health stigma has conditioned them to act as if it doesn't exist or hide it from whoever. It's seen as a weakness that must be hidden at all costs.

You said it yourself, watch what happens when anyone with mental illness explains it to their friends. Watch them slowly back away and disappear. The phone literally stops ringing. First hand experience here too I'm afraid.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So your post is basically victim blaming. You try and tread lightly but you're still victim blaming. People can't help themselves because years of mental health stigma has conditioned them to act as if it doesn't exist or hide it from whoever. It's seen as a weakness that must be hidden at all costs.

You said it yourself, watch what happens when anyone with mental illness explains it to their friends. Watch them slowly back away and disappear. The phone literally stops ringing. First hand experience here too I'm afraid.
If a player becomes mentally unwell because he was forced to wrestle multiple players then i think the NRL is not for him. NRL Players as part of their job description are required to push themselves physically and mentally further than the average bloke on the street. Its why the get and deserve to be paid so much. Being forced to wrestle players as a punishment is common AF across the NRL. A player standing down because of mental illness and shit being leaked to the media is rare.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I am astonished that so many Bulldogs fans are just so prepared to jump in and believe DT, Fox, Crawlie, Buzzard etc as gospel truth tellers against the club.
End of the day, someone form the bulldogs has gone to the media. Its pretty easy to piece together who it is

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You've completely missed the point. None of us know the intricate details of how the player is feeling. My point is that those that call others who are apparently dealing with those issues as soft ***** are, in fact, soft ***** themselves.
Totally agree with u. Everyone right or wrongly have there own mental health issues to deal with. Who are we to judge

And anyone who plays first grade is tough in there own right. Footy at the Top level is brutal. Most of the ***** on here would cry from the contact of a mosquito running into them let alone what goes on in the heat of battle on a first grade footy field

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah there’s some things that align with NRL & other pro sports training to that of military, where they put them through things that on the surface are demeaning and cruel, but are intended to form mental strength and bonds etc. I don’t care for it but understand the theory of it. All I would say is don’t sign up for professional spirt if you’re not up for this sort of thing.

The most informative stuff that has come from this circus, is that some of the players were surprised by this type of training and discipline, which goes to show how previous coaches may have missed the mark.
Or the current coach has missed the mark.
Maybe he is trying to implement too radical a change, too soon.

Some self reflection is needed me thinks.