Did you notice Barrett having a quick chat with Cameron Munster last night ?

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just before Gallen interviewed Cameron Munster after the game last night did anyone else notice Barrett having a quick word in Munster's ear ?

Just maybe Barrett was telling him he'd like to talk.

Did anyone at the game notice Barrett approach JAC or anyone else ?

I also thought it was interesting to see Bellamy shouting like a man possessed into the walkie-talkie even when the Storm were up by 20 points. Seems Dean Pay never learned that passion when assistant coach under Bellamy. That was one of Dean's problems I think - being too nice.

Can't really imagine Trent Barrett getting too worked up either.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah saw him had a chat with cleary jr too. May be cleary sr doesnt think he is the way to go in future after last night and asked him to test the market.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Meh.... Munster has been overshadowed by Smith, Pap, and Jarome Hughes this year. Take him out of the storm structure and I don’t think he’d be anything special, tbh.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Just recently?.
Getting popular recently bro. But that's to be expected these days, especially involving the most unprofessional and rorted league in the world.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Meh.... Munster has been overshadowed by Smith, Pap, and Jarome Hughes this year. Take him out of the storm structure and I don’t think he’d be anything special, tbh.
You are taking the piss yeah?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
You are taking the piss yeah?
Nope, I’m not. He has been the least dynamic member of Melbourne’s spine this year and I wouldn’t be splashing a lot of cash on him.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I also thought it was interesting to see Bellamy shouting like a man possessed into the walkie-talkie even when the Storm were up by 20 points. Seems Dean Pay never learned that passion when assistant coach under Bellamy. That was one of Dean's problems I think - being too nice.
This is a difficult area. It is really clear that Pay stuffed up by bringing out the "they're a young team, can't expect too much" line like he did. He was trying to take pressure off, but it had the wrong effect, gave the whole team environment the feeling that excuses existed. He needed to take a no excuses approach.

But, it is entirely possible to accept no excuses without being a screamy/shouty coach. Bellamy is able to scream and shout like that because he is doing a bunch of other stuff behind the scenes that ensures the players buy in.

Think of a boss who you never really developed any real respect for, and then imagine that boss having a shouting fit at everyone. The outcome isn't going to be good, lack of respect will turn to disdain, and disdain to open rebellion.

There were a few moments during his tenure when Pay looked like he had decent player buy in, but they only happened when the pressure was low, at the end of each season. He never figured out how to convert that low level buy in into something bigger, hence things went downhill fast in the higher pressure of season 2020. He certainly didn't get anywhere near the kind of buy in that would allow him to get away with a Bellyache style coaching box tantrum.

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: could you imagine that pretty face talking to you? Oh my..... ooh lala