Des Hasler - Bulldogs premiership 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
There will be plenty of coaches hoping they can just make the eight, though not saying it... If Taylor or Barrett said they could win the comp we'd be laughing our asses off...
Yeah but if you ask any coach they will all say yes we have a chance.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why would he be on drugs ?
Hasler would have the highest expectations of him self as we the fans do of him. He would be as dirty as anyone that we haven't been achieving as a team. We played Melbourne and beat them all be it a trial and people on here are still having sook. Everyone that viewed the game said that it was a new look Bulldogs team that played Melbourne by the way they were throwing the ball around utilizing the back line. Our halves were dominant and our hooker was seen taking runs from dummy half. Give the team and coach a break and lets start judging them after they start the season.
I can direct you to 40 or so posts just like that after the rd1 manly game last season.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's funny when his job is on the line there's no under the radar all of a sudden.I would love us to have a great year but just don't think we have the right cattle

Reactions: DT

stclair

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah but if you ask any coach they will all say yes we have a chance.
I highly doubt Barret or Brown would actually say that... They're talking about 'rebuilding', 'making the 8', 'playing consistent footy week to week...
I understand where your coming from essentially, however will respectfully continue to disagree with your statement that all coaches will publicly state their team can win the comp...

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought his talk last night was very positive and he seemed upbeat.
This is expected from the head coach of a great club going into round 1
Hope the players are also aiming high and believe in themselves to make some real impact on the field
We are the most passionate supporters in the league and deserve a good showing from our team.
Go The Mighty Dogs

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yawn been hearing the same rubbish for years now, seriously what else is he going to say before the season starts? "Oh we have a one of the weakest spines in the nrl, i don't think we will do well" of course he is going to say we have a chance.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If you really believe in something do you need to read off a piece of paper. That tells me alot about Hasler, I wouldn't be suprised if Dib or Castle wrote it.

stclair

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If you really believe in something do you need to read off a piece of paper. That tells me alot about Hasler, I wouldn't be suprised if Dib or Castle wrote it.
All it tells me is hes a footy coach, not a professional orator or public speaker... Unscripted passion can oft come across as rambling, as many posts here attest to (some of mine included)...
If the Rae and ray show wrote it, and he was instructed to dish it out, all the more reason to use notes...

Last edited:

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
All it tells me is hes a footy coach, not a professional orator or public speaker... Unscripted passion can oft come across as rambling, as many posts here attest to...
If the Rae and ray show wrote it, and he was instructed to dish it out, all the more reason to use notes...
Sorry but don't agree at all. Look at the way he spoke at and about Manly and the way he speaks here. This is a job for him, he refers to the club like he is completely detached from it. He has no passion for the place whatsoever.

stclair

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sorry but don't agree at all. Look at the way he spoke at and about Manly and the way he speaks here. This is a job for him, he refers to the club like he is completely detached from it. He has no passion for the place whatsoever.
No need to apologise for disagreeing with me... I'm not a mod... ;) Am always open to changing my POV if others can espouse a convincing counter point... Cant say I paid enough attention to him at manly to use it as the barometer for passion... Though have heard the 'them' word used more than id like in the first few years of his tenure (force of habit?) though not recently...

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are only 10 days away from kick off at Belmore,
I've been a supporter since the early eighties and always look forward to watching the team play and hope this group does us proud.
Let's not get bogged down too much from our coaches speech.
It's time to enjoy some footy.
Doggggies Forever

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Why would any team sack the current premiership winning coach? Its a stupid question really. We are complaining about him recently, for many valid reasons, but if he got us our first premiership in 13 years, happy for him to stay. He hasnt won it yet but.

Status
Not open for further replies.