Des Hasler - Bulldogs premiership 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have always said we will be top eight, Hasler doesnt miss the eight, its just a matter of if we will be contenders or not. I dont expect us to be, but I wouldnt be surprised if we are. Anyway Im going back to how I used to watch League, before I was on the net, ands thats just amped for the game at hand. COME ON DOGGIES!!!!! smash those purple cheating twats.

stclair

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'm psyched!!!... Hoping the trial was a decent indicator of some more expansive footy...

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I was very sceptical about 2017 but I really think we will go alot better than what most people think...

I see us as Top 6
Cool
That's 1 place better than last year
Woo hoo
Who's excited

Reactions: DT

stclair

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Which coach is going to say nah we wont win it's to hard lol.
There will be plenty of coaches hoping they can just make the eight, though not saying it... If Taylor or Barrett said they could win the comp we'd be laughing our asses off...

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was very sceptical about 2017 but I really think we will go alot better than what most people think...

I see us as Top 6
Optimism? Is that you? *hug*

In all seriousness though, I cannot see us getting better for 2017. We are the only team whose roster has not bettered from the previous year (with the exception of maybe Cronulla, Cowboys and the Broncos.. but not like they need it?). That - and teams that weren't in the top 8 last year, will be fighting for the top 4 (Roosters, Warriors etc), and then you have those who, again didn't make it, but fighting for at least a top 8 berth (Eels, Rabbitohs).

The inner child in me thinks we can squeeze it - but unless we see a dramatic change in how we play with the same roster from 2016 (2011, anyone?) then I doubt we will be fighting for any real honours.

We would need a serious re-structure in terms of how we play and attack. Des was lucky when he came he had a bonafide superstar at the back (Barba was statistically the best attacking fullback in 2011, just terrible under the high ball)... now we don't have that. So it will be interesting to see his approach..

Here's to hoping that he can turn it around...

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So hypothetically, what happens if we win the GF in 2017? Do people still want Des?

Ambrose

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm of the opinion he is still a better coach than people that write on fan forums. So I still back him. He played a system that didn't work but backed it in because he thought it would. I don't mind that. It hasn't worked and he has to come up with something new that does. So, he either will because he is still a good coach that tried something that didn't work. Or he won't because he is no longer any good and lots of people on here are right. 2017 is such an exciting narrative!

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I'm of the opinion he is still a better coach than people that write on fan forums. So I still back him. He played a system that didn't work but backed it in because he thought it would. I don't mind that. It hasn't worked and he has to come up with something new that does. So, he either will because he is still a good coach that tried something that didn't work. Or he won't because he is no longer any good and lots of people on here are right. 2017 is such an exciting narrative!

As been said many times, the definition of INSANITY is to try the same thing over and over again expecting a different result, perfect example is Haslers coaching..

Reactions: DT

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As been said many times, the definition of INSANITY is to try the same thing over and over again expecting a different result, perfect example is Haslers coaching..
Another is the Kennel asking for change when they know deep down it isnt going to happen LOL.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Another is the Kennel asking for change when they know deep down it isnt going to happen LOL.
You do have a very valid point, its the Hasler effect... lol

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You do have a very valid point, its the Hasler effect... lol
It is, its driving us NUTS. Thats why Im going back to old school watching. Maybe you do maybe you dont, but remember the days when we used to watch the games and just be amped for THAT game? Now with the internet, people break down game plans, structures, ceos, coaches just everything. I remember as a kid, and a young man, when I would watch a game and I didnt worry what happened last year, I didnt worry what would happen in round 26, I didnt worry about the finals I worried about that game and thats it.

Soo what im saying is who cares what happened last year, who cares what might happen in the rounds ahead lets just get pumped for this game against the cheats. You dont have to of course. Either way LETS GO DOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
what drugs is hasler on!!
Why would he be on drugs ?
Hasler would have the highest expectations of him self as we the fans do of him. He would be as dirty as anyone that we haven't been achieving as a team. We played Melbourne and beat them all be it a trial and people on here are still having sook. Everyone that viewed the game said that it was a new look Bulldogs team that played Melbourne by the way they were throwing the ball around utilizing the back line. Our halves were dominant and our hooker was seen taking runs from dummy half. Give the team and coach a break and lets start judging them after they start the season.

stclair

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So hypothetically, what happens if we win the GF in 2017? Do people still want Des?
I'm a yes at this stage because i don't know who is a better option...
Bellamy maybe... but has had the big three...
Robinson maybe... but he's had a team with no salary cap...
Madge... A bit like des I think...
Cleary... Done nothing to convince me...
Dymock... if he was any good he'd have offers elsewhere by now...
Etc etc...
If anything Id be inclined to go down the Souths/roosters line of a few years ago and looks beyond any existing NRL coaches...

Status
Not open for further replies.