Opinion Depth in attack

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I watched our passing game real close over past few weeks and the amount of passes that did not hit the mark is alarming. We want to win games but if the basic skill level is not even up to scratch then every game is gonna be a struggle...what the fuck do they do at training
Exactly. Just basic stuff. Guys have to check their runs. Try and catch the ball above their heads while a Bromich or Welch runs at you or lean down to get it and try to keep your momentum.

Its back to basics for us and Payball.

Run hard. Tackle hard. Throw a decent pass. Kick a decent kick. Backs move up and support the ball carrier.

Better stop. It's making it too complicated for them lol.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What difference will depth in our attack make?? Imagine having the great Hoppa or Elliot running onto a ball - by the time the ball hits them on the chest the defense will be up in their face, we will lose meters lol
That's why I'm saying we need to play with less depth...

Malla

Reaction score
That's why I'm saying we need to play with less depth...
Hahahaha I didn't even read

I agree. Everyone needs to push up, second phase play and offloads...but we don't have the players that can do that either.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hahahaha I didn't even read

I agree. Everyone needs to push up, second phase play and offloads...but we don't have the players that can do that either.
I think we can, obviously not to great effect but much better that this bs we're trying to play. Most of our forwards can offload, we're just rarely pushing up.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly. Just basic stuff. Guys have to check their runs. Try and catch the ball above their heads while a Bromich or Welch runs at you or lean down to get it and try to keep your momentum.

Its back to basics for us and Payball.

Run hard. Tackle hard. Throw a decent pass. Kick a decent kick. Backs move up and support the ball carrier.

Better stop. It's making it too complicated for them lol.
Totally agree, if you do the basic stuff well you will be competitive in most games at the very least, right now the basics are not up to nrl standard, no way near it tbh