Dean Pay mega thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Dymock and Pay both do not want the head coaches role. Both have been offered it in the past and knocked it back.

Execution and organisation is the issue with the Dogs. We could have any coach at our club and the same problems would remain without a playmaker and an organiser out there.

Until we get that, even Bellamy couldn't get consistency from the Dogs.
And who's responsible for recruitment ?

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
dean pay is unproven coach no first grade experience and doesn't want to be coach no thanks i would rather ivan
Dean Pay has been part of various coaching for many years. He is now assistant coach of the Raiders, assistant coach of the State of Origin team and many junior teams.
Paul Green didnt have much experience and neither did Shane Flanagan. How did they go?

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Interesting article. The subtle plays worked in our first year because teams still respected the Dogs and were wary of our forwards in attack. Once they realised that the tough forwards were all subtlety the game plans changed, and we have been contained ever since. Pay understands the Bulldog philosophy, and the drive to dominate that has been our trademark for decades. The Dogs need a coach that is steeped in Bulldog tradition. We are not like other clubs, or a robot to be programmed.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can he coach a pathetic spine 1,6,7,9 into a good one. I think not. Piss them off too.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dean Pay has been part of various coaching for many years. He is now assistant coach of the Raiders, assistant coach of the State of Origin team and many junior teams.
Paul Green didnt have much experience and neither did Shane Flanagan. How did they go?
Look at there teams compared to ours

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dymock and Pay both do not want the head coaches role. Both have been offered it in the past and knocked it back.

Execution and organisation is the issue with the Dogs. We could have any coach at our club and the same problems would remain without a playmaker and an organiser out there.

AHHH at last someone with brains!!

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The argument that Cleary hasn't accomplished anything is such bullshit. Cleary got consistency out of a notoriously inconsistent Warriors outfit (nearly got the chocolates in '11) and built a Panthers roster that will challenge for the title this year.

It appears Cleary is Tigers bound, but if there's any chance we can snare him then the Dogs should move heaven and earth to get him.
Aw yeah what did he accomplish at the panthers?
If you think making the finals and grand finals is accomplishments why the fuk would we get rid of des then?

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Des cant keep his job because they cant a bigger name or a named coach. Firstly if they think he hasnt ticked all markers but grandfinal win he should go. Than they persue the best candidate and if they say no then they keep looking for the best available. Cleary pay hollbrook potter . Someone who gets the culture or come from a system where they demand sucess. Roosters melbourne

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Over 2 years ago I sent a message to a highly placed official at the Bulldogs during a game as were getting flogged.
It said << Hi ......... We are not the DOGS OF WAR nor we are THE ENTERTAINERS we are not even THE MANLY HASLER STYLE.
What has become of the BULLDOGS ? >> Still waiting for a reply...
If Hasler goes we should go with :
Pay & Holbrook or Cleary & Pay
Pay will bring back the DOGS OF WAR and any one of the other two will work on the tactical part.
If I remember right Wayne Bennett and Tim Sheens were joint coaches at Canberra, IT COULD WORK FOR US
Bring back the Bulldogs !!!

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Aw yeah what did he accomplish at the panthers?
If you think making the finals and grand finals is accomplishments why the fuk would we get rid of des then?
You know why we would get rid of Des, because with the amount of resources and money our club has, and the amount of money the leagues club has pumped into the football club, you'd expect a supercoach win GF's with all those resources, but instead, he let go of players we needed and replaced them with reserve graders, not to mention the cluless style of play we have been playing for the last three years. That's why we would get rid of him. Give Cleary all those resources and I g'tee you he will do something with it. Imagine saying to Cleary, he're you go, you got all the money you want for training facilities, buy anyone you want etc etc

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You know why we would get rid of Des, because with the amount of resources and money our club has, and the amount of money the leagues club has pumped into the football club, you'd expect a supercoach win GF's with all those resources, but instead, he let go of players we needed and replaced them with reserve graders, not to mention the cluless style of play we have been playing for the last three years. That's why we would get rid of him. Give Cleary all those resources and I g'tee you he will do something with it. Imagine saying to Cleary, he're you go, you got all the money you want for training facilities, buy anyone you want etc etc
I'm not saying to keep Hasler. I was going off that guys post he's saying by Cleary getting the warriors to a grand final appearance it makes him an accomplished coach. With that logic Hasler should stay as coach coz he's got 2 grand final winnings and a few grand final appearances.
Everyone was saying watch how good des will make the dogs with all the training facilities and shit at his disposal. That's nonsense

NickT

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Run Dean run. Why would you take this gig? Most overrated front row in the comp is not much to build on. Over the cap. No half. Part time fullback. No one looks fit. Retention group is overpaid.
Friday morning we will be 1-4.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Enough said! Dymock and Pay were happy to turn their backs on us for bigger $$$ #SuperLeague and so this obsession about them now even after they have rejected coaching offers from us and didn't bother turning up for the interviews is ludicrous. I get we want a change and that the relationship with Des isn't working but i don't think we need to settle for just anyone either.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Does anyone remembers how Des's style got exposed in the media just before the finals in 2012.
We were accused of abusing the obstruction/shepherd rule.
The game has never been the same since .
Sadly Des never recovered !!!

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Does anyone remembers how Des's style got exposed in the media just before the finals in 2012.
We were accused of abusing the obstruction/shepherd rule.
The game has never been the same.
Sadly Des never recovered !!!
Wasn't it Jason Taylor who was so boisterous and started the talk about our run around style play ?

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the biggest issue is recruitment.
Extending Tolman's contract was lunacy. He is such a liability in attack. Is there a softer runner of the football ? Eastwood is another who looks unfit and overweight. Conversely since Kasiano decided to give away his 8 kababs a day, & lose 10 kilograms, he's lost his X factor.
The Bulldogs have plundered many a rival teams stars since 2009. It might be a case of doing it again. The only issue is, getting rid of the driftwood that are currently under contract .

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So Mick Ennis just said on fox sports he's hearing Des will stay!!!!
He also said our spine Lichaa Mbye Hopaote arent performing and need to cut them loose..
I have a bad feeling Des will stay as coach!
More boring Des ball flat line plays no forwards running angles hmmmm

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And he gave the golden keys to his Manly buddies - Cleal, Trex & Hopoate.
All did bugger all..

Status
Not open for further replies.