David Fifita?

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’d rather pass on Fifita but would be interested to see if there is a forward we can snag who might be at the expense of Fifita and whatever new club he ends up at.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Don't think he suits our system when it comes with off the ball effort. More than happy to pass at asking price.

Johnnny2233

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He will go to panthers or roosters or if he wants to win a comp then bulldogs are coming up to do that and the roster is stacked with super athletes when you look at Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs 1st grade they are massive names in the nrl and I do see the bulldogs winning a competition

but him meeting Ivan Cleary I think he will
Go there he is a good player but is he better than afb or fisher Harris ? Or even tino

roosters offered him 3.4 million for 4 years that seems lower but he would get a car a house a credit card free fuel you name it

Penrith aren’t dirty like that they will just say it how it is as would Canterbury Bankstown bulldogs this is what we offer and that’s it no overs and that bullshit

roosters are so over the cap seriously the nrl needs to really investigate there players and see how much there actually on

dawso047

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Too many quiet games in him to be a marquee middle forward, the salary cap can't be blown on edge backrowers having both Kikau and Fifita at the club. Preston, Kikau, Kautoga, Hayes and Salmon are enough for next year as long as they all stay.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fifita gets a bad wrap. He's way more consistent these days and has gotten better with his defence, effort and fitness. He's the most naturally talented forward in the comp.

I doubt Gus and Ciraldo are even looking at him but you could easily move Preston to lock (where I think he ends up eventually anyway) to get Fifita or any other 2nd rower.

I'd take him in a heartbeat. He has 34 tackle busts and 12 offloads in 6 games this season while only missing 5 tackles total and averaging 140 metres a game.. He'd become unstoppable with Penrith.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NO WAY, Seen it time and time again, when a top paid player, bludges, the whole team lose heart and become cellar dwellers.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have doubts he would fit in with the fitness regime at Panthers. He is big, he hits the line hard, but he does it far to infrequently.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Worth a shot?
Could he play front row?
115kgs, 186cm
Panthers obviously see it possible to replace FH
Not many marquee front rowers avail

Regards,
Waterboy
No
He wants to be with a premiership team anyway.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would love a little perseverance to risk and try and transition Skelton into that dynamic forward role.
CC is credited as a defensive guru so perhaps he can upscale Skelton's game in that department.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He would be the next she rex if he signed with us. Never goes for 80 minutes in my opinion and his play the ball is easily the slowest in the NRL. More in the 500 to 600 bracket for what he produces. Let roosters or panthers get him & watch them burn if you ask me.

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I have my doubts that he'd buy into what the Bulldogs are about in 2024. Seems lazy at times and drifts in and out of games. He signed with the Titans as their marquee player and really hasn't lived up to the hype.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless Presto is moving to lock it ain't happening.
Preston is an edge player not a middle. We have 4 or 5 locks in the squad already. The only shame about Presto is that like Kiks he is a better left side player.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fifita is a big wide body who's generally tough to handle with tremendous upper body strength and leg drive, I don't think he will have issues playing prop if he spends a pre-season.

iWahash

Hannant
Reaction score
He would be great, but I just don't think we need him.

We have Kikau, Preston, Salmon, Curran, Mann, Kautoga, Todd, Samrani, Oloapu (who can play lock) and others.

Plus, he would be wasted in the front row. He's most damaging on the edges.

But he has been dangerous for the Titans the last few weeks.